NT Please school me on HDMI Cables?

laugh.gif

A cable is a cable? Wow. 

Get an AudioQuest HDMI cable...after a while those cheap cables will corrode, break, lose signal---cut up audio/video..

I don't see how companies like Monster get away with selling $20+ cables.
I've been using one from monoprice for over 2 years now. Every cable I get from now on will be from there

I don't see how companies like Monster get away with selling $20+ cables.
I've been using one from monoprice for over 2 years now. Every cable I get from now on will be from there

Originally Posted by MHT214

laugh.gif

A cable is a cable? Wow. 

Get an AudioQuest HDMI cable...after a while those cheap cables will corrode, break, lose signal---cut up audio/video..
Wrong.

Like others said, a cable really IS a cable. You either get the signal or you don't. Monoprice.com is your GO-TO place. Their cables are high quality and cost about as much as a happy meal. I have 6 different sets of HDMI cables from there and never EVER have any complaints.

grin.gif

laugh.gif

A cable is a cable? Wow. 

Wrong.

Like others said, a cable really IS a cable. You either get the signal or you don't. Monoprice.com is your GO-TO place. Their cables are high quality and cost about as much as a happy meal. I have 6 different sets of HDMI cables from there and never EVER have any complaints.

grin.gif

I have an expensive monster one hooked up to the PS3, I have a cheap one hooked to cable box. No difference. Both work great, never had problems with either.

I have an expensive monster one hooked up to the PS3, I have a cheap one hooked to cable box. No difference. Both work great, never had problems with either.

laugh.gif

A cable is a cable? Wow. 

I think you have been very misinformed.   
Expensive HDMI cables over cheap ones have been one of technologies most biggest myths.   

The truth is, the distance between your TV and your HD device is not over 10ft right?  So your signal will never break or corrode.  

laugh.gif

A cable is a cable? Wow. 

I think you have been very misinformed.   
Expensive HDMI cables over cheap ones have been one of technologies most biggest myths.   

The truth is, the distance between your TV and your HD device is not over 10ft right?  So your signal will never break or corrode.  

cables are not just cables... some hdmi cables cant even run 1080p or even have have the quality to push high quality video...
anyways... monoprice is your friend... they make quality cables without the name branding... avsforums, even cnet co signs monoprice hdmi cables...

cables are not just cables... some hdmi cables cant even run 1080p or even have have the quality to push high quality video...
anyways... monoprice is your friend... they make quality cables without the name branding... avsforums, even cnet co signs monoprice hdmi cables...

Originally Posted by senor chang

if you have a frys electronic store near you, go there and buy it. i got my 6 ft. hdmi from there for .99 cent and they work great.

roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ your avy.
I can't tell what it says though

Originally Posted by senor chang

if you have a frys electronic store near you, go there and buy it. i got my 6 ft. hdmi from there for .99 cent and they work great.

roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ your avy.
I can't tell what it says though

laugh.gif

Ok. 

Ive been to the places these cables are made and tested...thats all ill say---def not misinformed. Ive owned all types of HDMI cables. Monster is def overpriced and I in no way, shape or form am here to tell you the price is justified by the quality--I dont even really like their cables.  Anyway, sounds like NT has spoken and since NT is always right...id take the general advice. 

laugh.gif

Ok. 

Ive been to the places these cables are made and tested...thats all ill say---def not misinformed. Ive owned all types of HDMI cables. Monster is def overpriced and I in no way, shape or form am here to tell you the price is justified by the quality--I dont even really like their cables.  Anyway, sounds like NT has spoken and since NT is always right...id take the general advice. 

yes and no. there are different types of hdmi cable. there are different standards for hdmi, like 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.4a etc.
the difference between them is that some carry dts hd audio, some are better with 3d, some have ethernet etc.

but there isn't a difference between cables of the same class. so if you buy a 1.4a cable for $5 or $100 it'll work the same.

yes and no. there are different types of hdmi cable. there are different standards for hdmi, like 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.4a etc.
the difference between them is that some carry dts hd audio, some are better with 3d, some have ethernet etc.

but there isn't a difference between cables of the same class. so if you buy a 1.4a cable for $5 or $100 it'll work the same.

Originally Posted by JBug88

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

I'm sure some videophiles on here will lambast me.. but I sure as hell cannot tell the difference between the cables (view quality).

Honestly, I think any videophiles on this site will back you up.
When it comes to HDMI, "digital is digital".  

-J-
For short runs? Sure...good quality cabling is not cheap, and it's crucial for long lengths. 

I get my hdmi cables from Blue Jeans

Originally Posted by JBug88

I'm sure some videophiles on here will lambast me.. but I sure as hell cannot tell the difference between the cables (view quality).

Honestly, I think any videophiles on this site will back you up.
When it comes to HDMI, "digital is digital".  

-J-
For short runs? Sure...good quality cabling is not cheap, and it's crucial for long lengths. 

I get my hdmi cables from Blue Jeans

My advice is just pick up the cheap HDMI cables from newegg.com... I got 3 of em for $15 and they work perfect.

au contraire mon ami

My advice is just pick up the cheap HDMI cables from newegg.com... I got 3 of em for $15 and they work perfect.

au contraire mon ami

Back
Top Bottom