NT Poker heads: Finally started a poker blog, let me know what you think, ask questions here, etc.

http://galenhall.tumblr.com

Seems like starting a blog is pretty much a requirement for moving up in the poker world, so I figured I'd give it a run. I want to kind of test it out on non poker audiences as well to see if it's just ridiculously jargon heavy, or if it's interesting to casual fans as well.

Let me know if you want to see more strategy content like the hands vs. Ty Reiman at the PCA, or more general philosophical stuff or things like that.

I think I might take a big trip later this year and play WPT Bratislava / EPT Berlin / EPT San Remo and EPT Madrid so there might be a lot of live content and stuff in the future. For now I will generally be posting a lot of online hand histories and maybe a couple strat videos.

Galen

http://galenhall.tumblr.com

Seems like starting a blog is pretty much a requirement for moving up in the poker world, so I figured I'd give it a run. I want to kind of test it out on non poker audiences as well to see if it's just ridiculously jargon heavy, or if it's interesting to casual fans as well.

Let me know if you want to see more strategy content like the hands vs. Ty Reiman at the PCA, or more general philosophical stuff or things like that.

I think I might take a big trip later this year and play WPT Bratislava / EPT Berlin / EPT San Remo and EPT Madrid so there might be a lot of live content and stuff in the future. For now I will generally be posting a lot of online hand histories and maybe a couple strat videos.

Galen

Looked through the blog, good stuff. Since it seems like you're a pro, you have any tips for playing pocket jacks? I feel like that's the one hand I never play right.

Looked through the blog, good stuff. Since it seems like you're a pro, you have any tips for playing pocket jacks? I feel like that's the one hand I never play right.

I'm still too dumb to understand the blog.
ohwell.gif

Say you're under the gun and you look down at pocket jacks. You make a standard raise (3x BB), which is then re-raised and called by another better. Do you raise or call in that spot? If there's one or two overcards after the flop, how would initially you play it?

Say you're under the gun and you look down at pocket jacks. You make a standard raise (3x BB), which is then re-raised and called by another better. Do you raise or call in that spot? If there's one or two overcards after the flop, how would initially you play it?

There are some spots where I woudl shove 100% of the time, some spots where I would flat 100% of the time and some spots where I would fold 100% of the time.

What are the stacks? What stage of the MTT? What are ICM considerations? What is the opener's 3b% from his general position? What is the flatter's flat 3b%? Are they regs? Do I have specific reads? What is the table dynamic? What is the buyin level? What is the gameflow? What are the relevant stacks for the blinds? What position is the flatter in?

Then, if I see a flop there are about 100 different flop textures that I will react differently to against different players.

I don't mean to chide, but your question contains about 2% of the information relevant to make a decision. It's like saying "okay it's fourth and goal, and they are in a 4-3 would you run or pass or kick?" without saying what yard line you're on, what the score is, who you are playing against, what team you are, what quarter it is, what the gameflow has been like, etc.

There are some spots where I woudl shove 100% of the time, some spots where I would flat 100% of the time and some spots where I would fold 100% of the time.

What are the stacks? What stage of the MTT? What are ICM considerations? What is the opener's 3b% from his general position? What is the flatter's flat 3b%? Are they regs? Do I have specific reads? What is the table dynamic? What is the buyin level? What is the gameflow? What are the relevant stacks for the blinds? What position is the flatter in?

Then, if I see a flop there are about 100 different flop textures that I will react differently to against different players.

I don't mean to chide, but your question contains about 2% of the information relevant to make a decision. It's like saying "okay it's fourth and goal, and they are in a 4-3 would you run or pass or kick?" without saying what yard line you're on, what the score is, who you are playing against, what team you are, what quarter it is, what the gameflow has been like, etc.

I was looking for general strategy regarding the hand, and didn't feel like writing an essay describing a specific situation. I'm quite aware there are multiple elements to be taken into consideration.

I was looking for general strategy regarding the hand, and didn't feel like writing an essay describing a specific situation. I'm quite aware there are multiple elements to be taken into consideration.

I need this, I been playing on pokerstars and just cashed 20/700+ in the 16.50 tourney and wind up with only $50... It doesnt help when my AA gets cracked by A4 either...How am I suppose to play during the late stages of a tourney. Should I just wait for premium hands or go all in with Ace high in a table of 7-9 people.

Back
Top Bottom