NT PRODUCERS INVITATIONAL BEAT BATTLE - NOVEMBER 2013 - Come In And Vote!

So, who flipped "A Key To The Mystery" the best?

• MusicalExcellence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • killmoves301

• DeMarco

• CaptainSneakerhead23

• Osh Kosh Bosh

• Tero

• ps2child

• J A M E S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A couple of the good fellas who frequent the beatmaking & production thread decided that we would initiate an online "contest" among the group to see who could cook up the best instrumental between us. We've already decided on one record/sample that we will be basing our individual tracks on, for the purpose of displaying the creativity of sampling, and the many ideas that can be imagined off of a singular loop.

This battle is open to anyone on NT, not just people who frequent that particular thread; if for some reason you haven't seen it, or lurk and choose to not post, we still would love to have you as a part of this. Again, the spirit of the battle is rooted less in competition, and more in the spirit of making great music & pushing one another to further develop our craft. If this goes well, we may end up doing this once a month.

So here goes:

NIKETALK PRODUCERS INVITATIONAL BEAT BATTLE - NOVEMBER 2013

THE SAMPLE:
Yuji Ohno - "A Key To The Mystery"
(Chosen by our own currensy currensy )

Download the original record here:
http://linkmixes.com/1vjjs0zpifub

THE RULES:
[COLOR=#red]
1) You can use as much or as little of the original source record as you want - feel free to chop, loop, distort and reverse/invert that sample to your heart's desire.

2) That being said, besides drum sounds and "effects", you cannot use any additional samples for the purpose of adding to the melody - your track has to be based off of the original source record only.

3) Additional software (or actual - !) instruments CAN be used - pianos, synths, strings, etc. - if you want to play on top of, or with the sample, that is allowed.

4) Beats can be any length, but remember, the longer and more drawn out your track is, the less likely that listeners will get through the whole thing, so don't make a seven minute joint with a great breakdown at the very end - it's likely that NT's gen pop will never get to hear it.

5) Once the beats are completed, we will haven them submitted via PM'd links and post them here (likely via YouTube embeds since we haven't gotten SoundCloud to work for us) to be "judged" by anyone who stops in to listen - a poll for voting on the best instrumental will be placed at the top of this thread.[/COLOR]

If you're trying to participate, drop your name/a post below - registration for this invitational will close on Sunday (11/10/13) at 12 midnight EST, when I will come back in here and make a list of everyone we will be expecting submissions from. Beats will be a week later (11/17/13), also at 12pm EST.

Again, on the submission date, please PM me with a downloadable link to your instrumental in mp3 file format, or a link to a YouTube "audio" so it can be posted here. We will open up voting on Monday, November 18, and close it on the 30th.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone cooks up!

Peace.​

Not a producer but def keen to hear the end product of this. Good thread OP

Plan is in. Don't think flu comes around here anymore. I seen him post new joints on soundcloud recently. I think jape lurks.

There are two sample on the link currensy created, so out of those two we're using "a key to mystery" correct?

Last edited:
I'm out...I already flipped the Yuji Ohno sample some time ago.

That LP is a goldmine though...if you search hard enough you can find it for around 30 dollars or possibly less.

I'm out...I already flipped the Yuji Ohno sample some time ago.

That LP is a goldmine though...if you search hard enough you can find it for around 30 dollars or possibly less.

Intredasting :nerd: and yeah, registration closes tonight.

Don't forget - submissions are due on Sunday the 17th - I think the best course of action would be for everyone to upload their beat to YouTube so we can embed them here.

Let me know how you're feeling about it...

IS IT TOO LATE TO sign up!?!?! smh :smh: cuz i havent been on NT all weekend this is some sheet

Back
Top Bottom