:: NT, REAL TALK :: Vol. Black History?!?!

premiumdunk

Banned
is it me or is Black History slowly being ignored to the point no one even talks about/celebrates it anymore. i remember in elementary school we researchedabout famous Black people like: MLK Jr., Malcolm X, Jesse Owens, Harriet Tubman. why is it that even BET is slacking w/ the Black History acknowledgements?IDK, maybe it's just me but i think Black History month will be no more in the near future.

NT, what are your views on this situation?

Originally Posted by PremiumDunk

is it me or is Black History slowly being ignored to the point no one even talks about/celebrates it anymore. i remember in elementary school we researched about famous Black people like: MLK Jr., Malcolm X, Jesse Owens, Harriet Tubman. why is it that even BET is slacking w/ the Black History acknowledgements? IDK, maybe it's just me but i think Black History month will be no more in the near future.

It's just you.
If you're genuinely interested, you'd do your own learning and celebration, not depend on the media to "remind" youabout it.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

is it me or is Black History slowly being ignored to the point no one even talks about/celebrates it anymore. i remember in elementary school we researched about famous Black people like: MLK Jr., Malcolm X, Jesse Owens, Harriet Tubman. why is it that even BET is slacking w/ the Black History acknowledgements? IDK, maybe it's just me but i think Black History month will be no more in the near future.

It's just you.
If you're genuinely interested, you'd do your own learning and celebration, not depend on the media to "remind" you about it.

/thread.

ohwell.gif
tired.gif

why do you even need a month to celebrate black history
if you love our people and culture then our history is year round
smokin.gif

After high school and all that I don't see the point in making a big deal. Post HS graduation if it interests you that much just do your own research. Pluswhat do you want people to do exactly?

I just inform other about prominent blacks in history during the month. But i read up on different people thought the year.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

It's just you.
If you're genuinely interested, you'd do your own learning and celebration, not depend on the media to "remind" you about it.

/thread.
nah

i think the OP is makin a point.

I can't lie there is a difference now with what used to be taught.

Truly though, if you really appreciate your culture then celebrate.

There needs to be a Ghenges Appreciation Month, REAL TALK.

NTers all over will take time to reflect on my epic post responses and contribution to society.

well i think i understand where the topic maker is comming from cus when i was in freshman in highschool we used to analyze wat MLK says in his speeches n watdo they mean to us now...now we jus have regular school im a senior in highschool

Making a point?

What IS the point?

"If you're genuinely interested, you'd do your own learning and celebration, not depend on the media to "remind" you aboutit."-Bastitch

ok now the OP is just one person, you dunno how interested he is or how much he celebrates it from just his original point do you really??

I took it as he meant overall in society and within the black community.

So yea thats his point I got from it imo.

I kinda understand what you mean, OP. A couple of years ago, you couldn't even look at BET during February without some reference to the celebration ofBlack History Month. Now, all you see is Hell Date.
smh.gif

i remember in elementary school we researched about famous Black people like: MLK Jr., Malcolm X, Jesse Owens, Harriet Tubman.
When was the last time you were in an elementary school? I'm sure they still do that. Like Bastich said, if you think that it's importantyou should do your own research and celebrate it your own way. I don't watch BET, so I can't speak for the channel ignoring it, but I'm not surehow consequential those Black history promos stations air before or after cutting away to commercials are. It seems to me that the month should be about alittle more than that.

I'm dead serious.

The fundamental problem I have with this post is the fact that the media is obviously dictating what is what isn't important to a lot of you people.

If BET isn't pimpin' it, it's not important? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. If it's really important to the free-thinking INDIVIDUAL, that person will make it important. It will be prevalent in their lives. It will cause them to perform action.

I don't know. It just seems like a silly complaint. Like wondering why MTV plays crappy music all the time. The best artists in the world don't makethe most money. The point of the media is to generate revenue, not to inform or educate.

Back
Top Bottom