NT recommend me a book

A Million Little Pieces by James Frey will give you all the inspiration you need and then some.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

A Million Little Pieces by James Frey will give you all the inspiration you need and then some.
Isn't that the one that Oprah caught him for being a fraud?

Anyway, couple more suggestions, though I really think The Alchemist fits you perfectly...

Any of the Mitch Albom books (Five People You Meet in Heaven, Tuesdays with Morrie, For One More Day, Have a Little Faith).
Dalai Lama - The Art of Happiness <--more for living life better
Spencer Johnson - Who Moved My Cheese <--more for business related
Don Miguel Ruiz - The Four Agreements <-- more for perspective in life

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by ikari XD

I'm sure a lot of people here would agree that Paulo Coelho - The Alchemist fits your needs perfectly. Hopefully it'll help you focus on the path ahead of you.
This is the perfect book for your situation. It breathed energy into my soul.
Exactly what I came here to say. Plan on finishing it up today.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Isn't that the one that Oprah caught him for being a fraud?
Damn, I feel so *%+@%%$ duped.

The book was an amazing read in part because I thought he had actually experienced all of the accounts.

DON'T WORRY

Do you recoil a bit when people start using spiritual language, even the word "spiritual"? Be honest. If it helps, I'll admit that I do. For years, if I'd read something with language that sounded even remotely spiritual, I'd picture the author as a pleasantly delusional man or woman trying their best to add meaning to a life that in some way had disappointed them. Later, after receiving an extensive education in the sciences, my prejudices extended to a belief that spiritual folks were simply seeking a substitute for the foundation of science they lacked. Maybe you feel this way a little too.

I do know this - a shift has occurred in the way I see myself and interpret the world around me. No part of this process needs to be described in any spiritual or religious terms, although I can see now why someone else might choose to do so. This transformation of consciousness (does that sound too spiritual?) is undeniably the enlightenment of which spiritual speakers speak, and I'd like you to experience the same if you're interested. There is nothing special or unusual about me that has allowed this change to happen, and there is nothing in your past that could possibly keep you from becoming enlightened too.

The goal of this book is to communicate the nature of this change while avoiding conventionally spiritual language almost entirely. Don't be in too much of a rush to get to the end, and try to keep a sense of humor along the way. If we're going to take this process seriously, it's actually important that we not take ourselves too seriously. I promise we'll eventually get to where you want to go.
http://www.efipaz.com/DeMello/How to Lose Your Mind.pdf

I'm sure a lot of people here would agree that Paulo Coelho - The Alchemist fits your needs perfectly. Hopefully it'll help you focus on the path ahead of you.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

As soon as read the title for the thread this book came to mind... In my opinion one of the most inspiring books ever written... you will not put it down untilyou finish it and once you do you will want to got out that very day and follow your dreams and achieve success

Originally Posted by maldonado

Originally Posted by BaBaller

Outliers - by Malcolm Gladwell
-Great book about success
-I started with this one earlier this year and it has inspired me in many of the same ways you are searching for.

48 Laws of Power - Robert Greene
-Interesting breakdown of power and its universal structure
-Has some fascinating historical anecdotes

How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie
-A very "classic" book in the sense that it was written years ago. Still has great (often overlooked) tips on interpersonal communication.

The Intelligent Investor - Benjamin Graham
-Warren Buffet says its the best book on investing ever written.

Hope those help.
great post.
still havent read Outliers but really enjoyed Tipping Point.

Im coppin Outliers tonight.

Funny because the tipping point bored me to death. But the alchemist is an awesome book, and along those lines i would check out 'the power of now'which is a lifechanger too...

Sorry to bring back a topic that has been dead for a week but I wanted to see if anyone had any more recommendations. I'm looking to build my measly bookcollection and The Alchemist and The Intelligent Investor sound like good ones. I might look into The Four Agreements and Rich Dad, Poor Dad as well.

any Mitch Albom books are good.
I like Tuesdays with Morrie and The Five People You Meet In Heaven

heres one for when you decide to start a business and free up time:

the 4 hour work week
by
Timothy Ferriss

Originally Posted by BaBaller

Outliers - by Malcolm Gladwell
-Great book about success
-I started with this one earlier this year and it has inspired me in many of the same ways you are searching for.

48 Laws of Power - Robert Greene
-Interesting breakdown of power and its universal structure
-Has some fascinating historical anecdotes
I highly recommend these two. I am currently reading What The Dog Saw- by Malcolm Gladwell

Originally Posted by Cartier Urkel

Is the Alchemist a novel?
Yeah, pretty short though, 160 pages.
Back on topic. OP if you want good books in general, and not self-help books I would recommend:

Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell
The Stranger by Albert Camus
The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis

Back
Top Bottom