NT Recommend me a Digital Camera Asap!! Need one by Saturday!!

Ok here's the deal...

I been needed a new cam since my cuz went off to college and took mine, but i have been puttin it at the bottom of the "to do list". But now theAuto Show is here in Detroit and opens Sat so I need a cam for that. Then plus, I have been having a couple somewhat crazy/wild weekends that I wish I had acam to take pics of what went on....Plus my cousin is Manny Harris and I need a cam to take pics while at his games...

So Niketalk...please recommend me a Digital Cam thats not above $350, and have a Optical Zoom of 10x or MORE. Would like one that use SD cards(since I have amillion of them), but if not, I will just buy a xD card if I have to..

So far this is the 3 choices I have run across so far:

1.Kodak 7.1 MP EasyShare ZD710 Digital Camera w/ 10x Optical Zoom & Image Stabilization
Price: $177.84
0004177819152_500X500.jpg

0004177819152_AV_500X500.jpg

Info: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7812581

2.Fuji FinePix S700 7.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
Price: $229.99
079f_1.JPG

Info: http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0255832

(side note) There's somebody in MI that have one for sale for $169 Should I jump on that one and do a meetup?http://cgi.ebay.com/Fuji-Fujifilm-F...yZ107904QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

3.Olympus SP-550 - 7.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
Price: $349.99 (plus I HAVE to buy a xD card which is $60)
eyes.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif

image.phtml

Info: http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0255887

I really want the 3rd one because of the 18x zoom!!! Do you think any of those cams will let me change lens??
eyes.gif
I cant buy a SLR since I will only use this cam every so often...

If you guys know one better and for a good price, or where I can get the 3rd one from TODAY in store for a cheaper price, Please let me know...

Please comment and help me NT

thanks

i agree. canon sd's are legit. their optical zoom is a lowly 3.8 but other than that, its perfect. they are tiny and compact and just a perfect pocket cam

id maybe even recommend the canon sx100. its a larger camera but has 10x zoom.

Originally Posted by FENKELLandBIRWOOD

WHY CANON??? Do you guys work for them or something?????!!!! LOL

if you would have researched cameras first before making a new thread you'd know why canon is better.

research my friend

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

i agree. canon sd's are legit. their optical zoom is a lowly 3.8 but other than that, its perfect. they are tiny and compact and just a perfect pocket cam

id maybe even recommend the canon sx100. its a larger camera but has 10x zoom.

ff05_1.JPG

is that it??
sx100is_feature_02a.jpg

See thats why I want one with 18x because I want to be able to zoom in on the person in the blue bentley down there on the bridge. LOL

whats the going price for them now?? Can you tell me where to cop one for a good price IN-STORE.

big thanks...

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

laugh.gif

You're gonna carry those behemoths on your "wild nights?"

Yeah right. Get something small.

That's a good point, but you will sacrifice some of the zoom. Go to Sony.com and look at some of their camera models. I recently copped a SonyDSC-T200. They have a less expensive model that is similar.

DSCT70W.jpg

Don't get the new model thin Sonys, their picture quality sucks. Get the previous versions, not as cool, but cheaper and take better pics.

i was looking for a camera a little bit ago. i went with the canon sd630. i stayed away from the sony because of there damn memory card, and for first time useit was way to complicated . sometimes i think that i should have got the sd800 or whatever it was at the time but i really like the 3inch screen

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Just head to an electronics store and see what they have.

I have did that toooo many times!!! The people there will just try to sell you anything to get that extra money on their check....

thats why I asked you guys!!

Canon PowerShot SD870 IS. 8MP.

It's one of their newest models (released in October 2007) and the picture quality for a point and shoot camera is AWESOME and probably the best of anyI've ever seen.

Everything about this camera is stunning.

51Zx4r2iU9L._SS400_.jpg

41dOapjKROL._SS400_.jpg

I agree with cor23ey. I think the 850IS is better than the 870. I had the SD600 but was very unhappy with the picture quality. Pictures that looked ok in theviewfinder came out blurry. I have not had that problem with the 850. Very happy with the 850. Best camera I've ever own.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

laugh.gif

You're gonna carry those behemoths on your "wild nights?"

Yeah right. Get something small.

Word,
laugh.gif

I just pick up a Canon SD1000 and couldn't have been more happier. I did my research and was so close in coppin a Sony Cybershot, but after hearing howCanon is the best in the bizz, I made the right decision.

i have an sd700 and i'd dropped it so many times and it has never given up on me. takes the same pics since the day i bought.

Back
Top Bottom