NT recommend me an uplifting book vol. trying to rid myself of anxiety/depression

I don't read nearly as much as I should. Spend way too much time in front of the TV and computer. I'm looking for something to read that will boost hope, motivation, happiness, etc. I've had a bad stretch lately with my job, bad luck with the opposite sex, money issues and all that. Looking for something to aid in getting me out of this hole because doing it the conventional way isn't working. Yoga/mediation is on deck.

Originally Posted by odog24

Quran
laugh.gif

Book of Proverbs, Psalms or Ecclesiates will serve you right OP. 
pimp.gif

Amazon product ASIN 1577311523/thread.

if you don't read it, i don't feel bad for anything that happens to you for the rest of your life, because this will always be known as the moment when an NTer randomly stumbled upon your thread, posted a book that would have changed your life and you ignored it. 

If you desire something to uplift you, realize that you have a job/source of income... many people don't.

If you want to rid yourself of anxiety, know that you have the privilege of speaking to the opposite sex without fear of retribution.

If you are trying to get over your depression, think about how many already have succumbed to theirs.

You don't need to buy a book to solve your internal conflict. You have to identify why you are feeling that way, and stop it at the source. While positive words can help, they won't fix anything. That's something that you have to do.

Read the
Tao Te Ching - It basically teaches you about inner balance and being one with the world around you. There are tons of different translations and you can basically have 2 different meanings for the same thing. But the message is always the same.. With every read you will find it applies to you differently throughout different points in your life..

http://www.soilandhealth.....think.and.grow.rich.pdf

Read the whole thing but check out chaper 11 on sexual transmutation ( check out anything else on Napoleon Hill)

Sex is the biggest driving force in our life. You either waste it or learn how to channel it into everything you do. Regardless of how treat it, its effects will be reflected throughout your entire life

Im sure by now you know or are realizing everything in life is related. Master your inner self and you'll realize how well you can control the external factors of your life

read this young ahk
pimp.gif
, allah is most merciful oft-forgiving , def gon ease the anxiety
images
images

I read Dr. Norman Vincent Peale's "Power of Positive Thinking" and my life has completely changed.  When my good friends tell me they're going through hard times in life I give them a copy of that book.  I promise you that you will finish it feeling like the world is yours for the taking.  At least consider that when you're reading these replies.

find your true self. only you know how. stop identifying with your body and focus on the inner.

Originally Posted by DT43

if you don't read it, i don't feel bad for anything that happens to you for the rest of your life, because this will always be known as the moment when an NTer randomly stumbled upon your thread, posted a book that would have changed your life and you ignored it. 
^ Enough said. This book will transform your life. 

Ishmael, Quinn
Into The Wild, Krakauer
Way of the Peaceful Warrior, Millman
Remember, Be Here Now; Ram Dass
The Four Agreements, Don Miguel Ruiz
Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism, Trungpa

Truthful words are not beautiful.
Beautiful words are not truthful.
Good men do not argue.
Those who argue are not good.
Those who know are not learned.
The learned do not know.
The sage never tries to store things up.
The more he does for others, the more
he has.
The more he gives to others, the
greater his abundance.
The Tao of heaven is pointed but does
no harm.
The Tao of the sage is work without
effort.

-Lao Tzu

I recommend Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu

Originally Posted by DT43

Definitely going to read this book..

Back
Top Bottom