NT School me on being a Movie Extra Vol. im famous

Always see some casting calls for extras out there sounds like some easy bread just to walk by a camera 
pimp.gif
 and maybe even meet some people who could put me on.  im not trying to join any agencies or anything like that i just wanna show up do w/e and get paid . somebody school on what to expect , and whats the pay is like .
embarassed.gif
 (only reason im thinking of doing this)

Always see some casting calls for extras out there sounds like some easy bread just to walk by a camera 
pimp.gif
 and maybe even meet some people who could put me on.  im not trying to join any agencies or anything like that i just wanna show up do w/e and get paid . somebody school on what to expect , and whats the pay is like .
embarassed.gif
 (only reason im thinking of doing this)

[h2]MTV Extras Wanted[/h2]Date: 2011-03-09, 6:25PM

Fuse Productions is currently looking for a series that will broadcast on the cable television networks.
Qualifications are very simple
18 and up - have to have a valid identification.
Guys & girls of all ethnicities encouraged to apply.
Shooting will be done at nighttime.
Filming will be executed at a club. You won't have to pay to enter.
You should dress nice.
Renumeration:
$300.00 per evening.
Please reply with a single photograph.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: Day Rates
Original URL: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/tlg/2257029004.html

Fuse Productions is currently looking for a series that will broadcast on the cable television networks.
You should dress nice.
Renumeration:
$300.00 per evening.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

You should dress nice.
Renumeration:
$300.00 per evening.
this is what i mean
nerd.gif
. 300$ sounds good to be at a club all day looking at shortys. But im in Fl . the closest thing to me is a ad i saw about transformers 3 . they gonna start shooting soon not to far from where i stay .
pimp.gif

You should dress nice.
Renumeration:
$300.00 per evening.
this is what i mean
nerd.gif
. 300$ sounds good to be at a club all day looking at shortys. But im in Fl . the closest thing to me is a ad i saw about transformers 3 . they gonna start shooting soon not to far from where i stay .
pimp.gif

My sister was an extra for two movies.  One was the Sorceror's Apprentice and the other I think was some movie with Diane Keaton in it (at least I think that's the name of the actress)

It's easy to get a job as an extra if you're good looking, some people just luck into it. 

It's just not a good idea to make a career of being a movie extra but it's nice to have something to do on the side. 

My sister was an extra for two movies.  One was the Sorceror's Apprentice and the other I think was some movie with Diane Keaton in it (at least I think that's the name of the actress)

It's easy to get a job as an extra if you're good looking, some people just luck into it. 

It's just not a good idea to make a career of being a movie extra but it's nice to have something to do on the side. 

FYI, when they say "all evening" or "all day" they mean it.

These things NEVER end when scheduled, there's no overtime, and if you leave you not gettin paid.

$300 is well worth it but be prepared to stay 12 hours even if the listing said 6.

These things NEVER end when scheduled, there's no overtime, and if you leave you not gettin paid.

$300 is well worth it but be prepared to stay 12 hours even if the listing said 6.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

But you get to be in a movie, AND $300 a day too?! Not to mention getting to meet a lot of new people as well... Definitely a win-win situation.. If I ever saw an ad or whatever, I'ma sign up in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

But you get to be in a movie, AND $300 a day too?! Not to mention getting to meet a lot of new people as well... Definitely a win-win situation.. If I ever saw an ad or whatever, I'ma sign up in a heartbeat.

Me and a bunch of kids were offered to be extras for this movie called "School Ties"
when I was in high school. I didn't end up doing it. The pay was was equivalent to
adult minimal wage and it was after school. I played sports so I would have to
skip out for a week. Some did it, maybe 20 from my high school. (So $100 for the week.)
(equal to about $160 now.)

They were clever because since it was offered through my school (specifically through
the band teacher) - if you messed around you could get into trouble in many ways
and I knew I would screw around. I already had a part-time job with worked out hours too.

I should have done. Turned out a lot of famous dudes my age were major roles in it (before they were famous.)

Me and a bunch of kids were offered to be extras for this movie called "School Ties"
when I was in high school. I didn't end up doing it. The pay was was equivalent to
adult minimal wage and it was after school. I played sports so I would have to
skip out for a week. Some did it, maybe 20 from my high school. (So $100 for the week.)
(equal to about $160 now.)

They were clever because since it was offered through my school (specifically through
the band teacher) - if you messed around you could get into trouble in many ways
and I knew I would screw around. I already had a part-time job with worked out hours too.

I should have done. Turned out a lot of famous dudes my age were major roles in it (before they were famous.)

I would like to know this too. I've known some people that have done extra gigs, and its a pretty cool deal because you usually make a nice little chunk of change for not really doing a whole lot. And not only that but it exposes you to a lot of random opportunities ie; meeting someone famous, landing other jobs/roles from it, meeting and making connections in the industry.

Is there any website, or place to look that lists all of the casting calls for extras?

You should dress nice.
Renumeration:
$300.00 per evening.

Post was taken down No way to contact them now 
frown.gif

I would like to know this too. I've known some people that have done extra gigs, and its a pretty cool deal because you usually make a nice little chunk of change for not really doing a whole lot. And not only that but it exposes you to a lot of random opportunities ie; meeting someone famous, landing other jobs/roles from it, meeting and making connections in the industry.

Is there any website, or place to look that lists all of the casting calls for extras?

You should dress nice.
Renumeration:
$300.00 per evening.

Post was taken down No way to contact them now 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by AlRjordan

http://www.beaubonneaucasting.com/
http://home.sfcasting.com/

Back
Top Bottom