NT School me on Dell Laptops

im basically going to use it for..

- Internet
- Music
- Movies
- PS
- Etc..

But what is the difference between the Inspiron, Studio, and XPS??

Anyone with these please shed some info and let me know your Pros and Cons of the one you have.

Thanks in advanced NT
pimp.gif

i dunno but i have an inspiron and I end up using my desktop more, its runs hot like a mf'er. Has my lap burnin after 20 minutes of use, been like thatevery since it came out of the box.

those are all trash consumer level lines (in terms of construction quality). for basic usage those should be fine.

latitude and vostro are the higher end "corporate" models.

Originally Posted by offbad

those are all trash consumer level lines (in terms of construction quality). for basic usage those should be fine.

I think XPS's are fine machines. I was loaned a 1330 from work and it was light, fast, and had excellent graphics.

Elaborate
nerd.gif

I would cop a Studio in your case. I have a Dell...and
laugh.gif
it always runs hot. Even the Dell I sent back before cuz of overheating issues. But other thanthat, they get the job done.

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

I think XPS's are fine machines. I was loaned a 1330 from work and it was light, fast, and had excellent graphics.
The XPS caught my eye the most, so im definitely leaning towards that..

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

If you're not gaming or video editing, why waste the extra money? Do yourself a favor and head down to costco/bestbuy and buy a laptop with acore2/4gb of ram/250gb hard drive. You'll thank me later.

Originally Posted by Integra Owner

If you're not gaming or video editing, why waste the extra money? Do yourself a favor and head down to costco/bestbuy and buy a laptop with a core2/4gb of ram/250gb hard drive. You'll thank me later.
Soo you dont recommend any of the other Laptops I mentioned?

I actually do, just not the xps. Either the inspiron or the studio would work pretty good. All I'm saying is check out your local places because you mightbe able to get the same/similar laptop for cheaper because it's pre-configured for the store, and less expensive to produce because they're massproduced.

I actually do, just not the xps. Either the inspiron or the studio would work pretty good. All I'm saying is check out your local places because you might be able to get the same/similar laptop for cheaper because it's pre-configured for the store, and less expensive to produce because they're mass produced.
My dad can get Dell through his work so that's why im asking for the Pros and Cons of the different laptops

The inspiron is dell's entry level laptop, even though you can get pretty good features on them. The only thing you're not able to add is a graphicscard I believe. The processors/ram upgrades are about the same for the two as well. In my opinion, the studio's are a little sturdier, as they are madewith harder plastic. Hope this helps.

if you get an inspiron you are def. gonna have to buy a cooling pad, i guarantee it. Belkin makes a pretty good one with a fan for like $25 on amazon so ifyou're gonna go ahead and get the inspiron its a must have

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

Your going to buy another computer in 4 years.

The funny thing is, this applies to all computers.

Any electronics based on microprocessors are pretty much obselete as soon as you buy them. If you buy a Dell, Sony, etc. today. The next generation of thatcomputer is already on it's way to the store.

Processor speed doubles every year along with a host of other computer components directly related to semiconductor devices. Also the devivces are halving insize, so you can put more processors on a chip. (Is intel up to 4-core chip now? It was core-duo when i entered college, point proven). Without getting tootechnical, all I'm trying to point out is that your statement in the context it was used, is rather baseless. That statement applies to all laptops and notexclusively Dells.

Search "Moore's Law" for future reference before you make further post on computers.

If you're saying Dells are unreliable hardware wise, I beg to differ. You run your computer like you run your car. You take care of it, it will lastlonger. Simple as that.

If you're not gaming or video editing, why waste the extra money? Do yourself a favor and head down to costco/bestbuy and buy a laptop with a core2/4gb of ram/250gb hard drive. You'll thank me later.

Do you even know what the xps m1330 is?
Its exactly what you mentioned, core 2 duo, 4gb ram, 250 gb HD

inspiron= the mainsteam notebook, fat and ugly as hell, but gets the job done. No HDMI I believe

studio= flashy stylish, a bit more features, better upgrade options ie video card, a bit lighter and bit moire expensive

xps= there are 2 kinds, there are the gaming ones and there are the portable ones. Gaming ones have good graphic cards and are basically meant to be used as adesktop replacement. Portable ones are thin ( think macbook thin ) and very stylish and light. The option to opt for an LED screen. Priority tech support, HDMIand overall better built quality .

I have a dell xps m1330. Great laptop, very light thin and great looking. Very easy to upgrade components because everything is located on the bottom, no needto take out the keyboard to upgrade ram. And it also comes with a free sleeve.

Back
Top Bottom