NT school me on HOWARD UNIVERSITY vol.pun intended??

Screw howard. Morgan state FTW!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

Academics are blah. Socially, its like walking into a rap video. The shorties are bangin and materialistic, dudes tryin to thug it. Its not hard to get into...at all, but it has a decent job outlook since any company wanting to up there black quota will head there.

Just like my school so I'm not surprised by this. Females want everything, but don't have anything. Sitting in class with some"pink" sweatpants and boots wit da fur, but no textbook. Mad stiletto types too. Nice to look at but thats it, though there are a few gems. And theyhave mad hood/drug dealer types up there at the dorms. Then when something violent jumps off, nobody doesn't know anything.

I met an educator from there while I was on a cruise ship. He seemed real cool, said he liked the place so I guess it must be a cool environment to an extent.

Originally Posted by gregbutler20

Screw howard. Morgan state FTW!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

Academics are blah. Socially, its like walking into a rap video. The shorties are bangin and materialistic, dudes tryin to thug it. Its not hard to get into...at all, but it has a decent job outlook since any company wanting to up there black quota will head there.
Just like my school so I'm not surprised by this. Females want everything, but don't have anything. Sitting in class with some "pink" sweatpants and boots wit da fur, but no textbook. Mad stiletto types too. Nice to look at but thats it, though there are a few gems. And they have mad hood/drug dealer types up there at the dorms. Then when something violent jumps off, nobody doesn't know anything.

i might have a hookup to go to Morgan State but im not too sure if i wanna go there
I heard that it was mad violent and that it wasnt really fun
You go to Morgan right? whats the pros and cons about it and how are u enjoying it so far?
pimp.gif

More info on howard plz /
pimp.gif

You go to Morgan right? whats the pros and cons about it and how are u enjoying it so far?
It's cool. You just have to decide if you want to come to baltimore. I've lived here all my life, but I know that we're are not thefunnest city in the country.

The education is decent for the most part. I'm an Information Systems major, and manage to pull a 3.0 up there. The classes aren't hard, but sometimesyou run into tight deadlines. I have one year left, and I have not had to do any of those things that others do at college, like write 10-20 page papers. Ifyou are planning to do something business minded, then many of the classes are easy, filled with easy grades, like creating mock cover letters, creatingresumes, online quizzes and tests, online home assignments (though not every one is like this). There are also many guest speakers from differentcorporations, some of which are black owned like (honeywell) and lockhead martin also make frequent visits.

Females are nice. Especially during the spring/summer. I've seen something nice everyday. I'll just say that there is something to cover every taste(even if your into white girls
laugh.gif
). Can't speak about campus lifesince I live off campus.

Overrated, Overpriced. But i will say that socially its premier in comparison to other HBCU's. But Southern University!!!!reigns supreme over all!!!!

Best time of my life and I enjoy it everyday. Beautiful women that are mostly chill but like everywhere in life we have some stuck up broads. Mad people fromthe islands and the girls are
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
......fine as hell and chill. Their accents are just amazing and I love em, Iwill most likely marry one of em. Always something to do since we are in the city. You just have to make sure you get your work done since there is plenty ofdistractions. You will not regret it, I promise you.

And yea Drew hall sucks monkey balls, good thing I was only there for 2 weeks and then I was in Cook Hall my freshman year.

and oh yea CEACS FTW.

Also, the school newspaper is in the top 5 in the country. 2 years ago it was ranked number 1
WOW thats either a huge step up from when I went there or other school newpapers must be terrible. The Hilltop stayed with tons of typos andincorrect spellings. Felt like I was reading my high school newspaper.

But being an Alumni I have to say Howard is going to be what you make of it. Which is true with most schools. I was in the School of B which is the best schoolon campus. We constantly had companies coming and speaking to the students and having open forums. Also the curriculum is a lot stricker than in other schools.

As far as the admins they suck. I think most of them have been there so long they forgot that their jobs are to help students so you will run into a lot ofattitudes unless you know someone that works there and dont mind name dropping. Of course there are a few good ones but most just dont care.

Light skin shorties to the left and right..I went to their Open House and the Howard vs. Hampton game..

Good on campus, but 1 block away is the worst parts of DC

Originally Posted by bklyngurl

I attend HU also, Im gonna be real and say that I hate this school at times.
-The A-building because majority of the people that work in there are unprofessional and have attitude problems
-When I ate in the cafe freshmen year, the food was nasty, the only good thing was going in there to see your friends and the dj.
-PS beware of the people that work in the cafe and the punchout, those people be looking rough like they doing their community service but, there are also some of the cool ones like Mr. Quick and his omlettes
-The dorms are not that great on campus, and whoever said that drew looked like the projects are not lying
-People do get robbed
-Construction on buildings take forever
-Bad math department

But, then again I still dont want to leave because I love my school
-Even though this is an HBCU, there is diversity here
-Great social life (people, parties, campus organizations, talent shows, etc.)
-Great greek life if your interested in that
-School of B!! So many opportunites in there and on campus period
-Great legacy and great legacies in the making
-Friends and networking
-For guys: there are mad girls for you even there are the ones that are stuck up (too bad there isnt a nice selection of men)

Its easy to get caught up but remember that you came to be a student first
thanks

I think its pretty easy to get into, but harder to pay for. I was accepted my freshman year but opted not to foot the $20,000 tuition over the free one I gotat FIU.
I wish I woulda took loans though cause everyone tells me its REALLY good. Im transfering fall 2008 though

i graduated from HU this may that passed (07). I was a business management major. I was recruited out of college to be a manager for jcpenney (worst mistake ofmy life) but I now work for accenture fixing computers for gov contractors. I really wanted to be an IT major but i transferred to school of b from school of cand if i became an IT major i wouldve had to stay another year...anyways...in order to succeed at howard u have to be focused. because there are A LOT ofdistractions. from parties, to the opposite sex, to the hype. yes it is a very high fashionable school. I was the number one female there with the dopest shoegame and there were only like 3 dudes from the entire school that could touch me. Yet their families were rich and I had 2 jobs. My advice to you is don'ttake anything for granted when you get there. whether its relationships or teachers and/or esp your education. At howard, yes the teachers and academia are soso. But what makes them stellar is your personal performance. If you go in and work hard, you will develop professional relationships like none other.

One important thing that you need to remember about Howard is that it is an Historical brand that pretty much every black person either has a tie to or wants atie to. For example Angela Davis was at the school the other day... "ANGELA DAVIS" now how many schools do u think she has spoken too? during my timethere I have had the privilege to have dinner with Cornell west, speak with Maya Angelou, bobby seale, meet bill gates...etc.. just to name a few. So in allhonesty if you go to Howard go and make something of urself there because trust it will be one of the best decisions of ur life. hit me up on aim girlindajaysif you want some more info. oh yeah and for you... The school itself is a 8:1 female to male ratio.

your education is what you make of it.

Back
Top Bottom