NT School Me on MELATONIN vol. My dreams finna be in HD boiiii

Y'all are ******ed.. at first i was like
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
- than i realized, you wanna take pills to help you have better dreams. nd it causes depression
tired.gif
.. Don't do it, please dont do it :: drizzy voice ::

Do we really need a pill for everything, not hating.. live your life, do you.. just saying

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Originally Posted by buggz05

Causes depression

grin.gif

7. Depression and Seasonal Affective Disorder - Some studies show that people which suffers from major depression or panic disorder have low blood levels of melatonin. There are experimental studies showing that melatonin increases serotonin levels which helps reduce the symptoms of depressive illness.
http://www.melatoninfaq.com/

Not everyone has the same effects, but it is reported that if you do catch depression side effects from melatonin supplementation it will be on the severe side. And I'm just saying off of my own experiences. I've also successsfully taken melatonin supplementation over regularly extended periods of time without much depressive effects. I have also taken time off of it, jumped back on it and was hit with depression. As Einsten said E=MC^2 -- so we are all structurally different and therefor are subject to different energies.
But mainly, we are talking about supplementation with synthetic drugs, not naturally produced melatonin produced from your own dna. Your best bet is L-Tryptophan supplementation which is responsible for producing melatonin, but also can be used as a treatment of depression.

Also, where is the 'About Us' section of the website of the link that you posted? Watching where you get your information from is important now-a-days. Most of these informational websites are ran by pharmaceutical companies or supplement retail sales/marketing affiliates. Ofcourse they are going to sell you on something. This one specifically is very obvious because it has Adsense all over it. But even the .orgs are ran by the big pharmaceutical industries.

Taking melatonin is not good for you in the long term.. will lead to depression, etc. I have a huge bottle myself, but I only take it once in a while on very rare occasions (like on a long plane/bus ride) when I want to knock myself out. And you don't really wake up feeling "refreshed" after you take it, for me I'm always still drowsy and mentally foggy throughout the next day. So if you have things to do the next day don't bother, you will be lazy/groggy as hell. 

OP, if you want to have sick dreams what you need to do is take some ZMA. It's just Zinc, magnesium, and Vitamin B6 but most people are deficient in those minerals and it hurts their quality of sleep along with many other bodily functions. If you take a full dose or two I guarantee first hand you will notice the difference the first night.. go try some (sold at Rite Aid, CVS, etc) and report back.

ZMA also ups your testosterone production (and there are no negative sides like melatonin bc its just vitamins):

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cattest.htm

idk if you workout or not but if you do there is a supp called ZMA that supposedly enhances testosterone levels and helps you recover faster...either way, you take it at night and wow a few days into it your having wild vivid next level dreams. its crazy lol..and you actually wake up feeling refreshed. i read reviews online for this and a lot of people reported to dreaming a lot. idk...maybe you could look into that...
DT43 already brought this up 
laugh.gif
 .. need i say more? 

It's a pretty known fact that if your
pimp.gif
that your probably not having dreams...Getting
pimp.gif
decreases the chances of getting a real deep dream mode for whatever reason....

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

13. Dream Enhancement (Vivid Dreams) - The use of melatonin can lead to vivid, memorable and enjoyable dreams but it can also lead to vivid nightmares. Melatonin improves REM sleep. Any dose of Melatonin that is higher than 1 mg is likely to make dreams very intense. People have reported encountering nightmares on high doses ( typically 2 to 5 mg ).

No way
laugh.gif
I used to take 10 mg on the reg with no such issues. 

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

Y'all are ******ed.. at first i was like
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
- than i realized, you wanna take pills to help you have better dreams. nd it causes depression
tired.gif
.. Don't do it, please dont do it :: drizzy voice ::

Do we really need a pill for everything, not hating.. live your life, do you.. just saying
co-sign

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by KickHead23

I thought melatonin was those shots people injected to get tan?

Skin color comes from the amount of melanin
edit: I never heard of anyone injecting it.. is that possible?? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
 Just go outside and get a tan 
laugh.gif

The more your in the sun, the more melanin your body produces to protect from the sun, I believe.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I experimented with the 3mg a while ago, I don't know about enhanced but a lot trippy stuff was going down after a while. I eventually decided to back off and just increase my sun exposure.

Originally Posted by KickHead23

I thought melatonin was those shots people injected to get tan?

People don't actually inject melanin to get tan Lol.There are certain peptides though that you can inject which will signal your body to produce more melanin. Everybody has melanin in them.

Originally Posted by DT43

Taking melatonin is not good for you in the long term.. will lead to depression, etc. I have a huge bottle myself, but I only take it once in a while on very rare occasions (like on a long plane/bus ride) when I want to knock myself out. And you don't really wake up feeling "refreshed" after you take it, for me I'm always still drowsy and mentally foggy throughout the next day. So if you have things to do the next day don't bother, you will be lazy/groggy as hell. 

OP, if you want to have sick dreams what you need to do is take some ZMA. It's just Zinc, magnesium, and Vitamin B6 but most people are deficient in those minerals and it hurts their quality of sleep along with many other bodily functions. If you take a full dose or two I guarantee first hand you will notice the difference the first night.. go try some (sold at Rite Aid, CVS, etc) and report back.

ZMA also ups your testosterone production (and there are no negative sides like melatonin bc its just vitamins):

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cattest.htm
I'm gonna need to look into this, good looks
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I always take 10mg and I do feel groggy sometimes during the next day. I'm going to drop straight down to 5mg and see how that affects me. As for dreams...I don't have any intense dreams because I hardly dream at all and I don't 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Coolidge Effect

just buy some of these at your local gas station.

lazycake-main_wide.jpg
These are no joke. B vitamins + ZMA + melatonin + every other sleep herb. I tried it. It was legit.
Bob Marley also has a relaxation tea that was just as nice.

Originally Posted by buggz05

Originally Posted by Coolidge Effect

just buy some of these at your local gas station.

lazycake-main_wide.jpg
These are no joke. B vitamins + ZMA + melatonin + every other sleep herb. I tried it. It was legit.
Taste like *%$ though...I got a whole box of these things next to like a friggin case of
marleys_rt_sml.jpg

I don't use any of them anymore.  My mom started drinking some of the marley because she can't sleep at night but I warned her about it.  You def need to know how much your ingesting.  Stuff is nothing to play around with in excess...it'll make you feel sleepy into the 2nd day.

Go grab that Bob Marley drink. 
It contains some melatonin

*edit*

Just seen the above two posts, yes that Marley drink is no joke.

Bought a bottle of 5mg melatonin the other day and have taken it twice with little results. The first night i didnt dream at all. And last night i just had a normal night of dreaming. I remembered some but very little and it wasnt super vivid or anything. Im a person that dreams often too, have had a ton of crazy experiences off of just normal sleep. Anything from sleep paralysis, lucid dreams, even waking up paralyzed broke out of it and made it become a lucid dream. I think dreaming is pretty fun so thats why I was intrigued by this stuff but not satisfied on my first 2 nights. Is this something you need to take consistently for it to work? How much can you take at once? Should i try taking 2 of them so its 10mg of melatonin?

I've popped 6 of the 3mg before and it helps me sleep through the night but I'm droggy the next morning and sleep through most that day as well. I love this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom