NT, somebody school me on chinese bakeries

Alright, so I consider myself a connoisseur of food, and I love trying foods from different cultures. I've always wanted to check out some Chinese baked goods but don't no where to start.  My Chinese NT'ers or anyone who is familiar, break it down for me..how does this stuff taste? what should i get?

Picture+020.jpg

buns_basket_copyright-540x342.jpg
shoutao.JPG

taka_longfong.JPG
3707708083_496aa3ec58.jpg

08-Pak-Tong-Koh-Chinese-Steam-Cake.jpg
m78234917.jpg
f0b74cdf-3cc1-3a80-bd13-771970e40a68_xl.jpg
img_0579.jpg
chinese-bakery-4.jpg
chinese-bakery-2.jpg
hk2_21.jpg
hk2_20.jpg
moon_cake_1.jpg
220px-PineappleBun2.jpg
da79b49d0ac128d2f62dc09577c7e1c7-orig
Picture+009.jpg

In the first pic the bun with the yellow crust is a pineapple bun which is crack.

Egg Tarts (Don Tat)
Pineapple Bun (Bo Lo Bow)

BBQ Pork Bun  (Cha Siu Bow)  These come steamed or baked.  It's all crack, but you should probably start with steamed.

Feel free to thank me with monetary gifts or offerings of beautiful women

Thanks everyone, I keep hearin about the bbq pork buns so imma def check those out.. the pumpkin buns and pineapple buns sound like crack as well, Im gonna see if i cant find a place that sells them

pineapple bun done right is CRACK. the ones with custard inside as well. bbq pork bun, HOT DOG BUN and egg custard tarts..

Try it all. Most of it is delicious.

My favorite is the second pic. They're called Gai Mei Bao. They're a bun filled with a coconut/butter/egg mixture and it's incredible.

I'm also a huge fan of Dan Tat which are egg custard tarts. The more obscure Macanese cousin to Dan Tat is called Po Tat and it's also great.

just try them. always liked the ball with seaseme seed on em, with the yellow in side. dunno wut there called.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Gai Mei Bao, cocktail bun, is like only 40cents
pimp.gif

especially when they're fresh from the oven
eek.gif
. Cocktail bun is this btw...
buns_basket_copyright-540x342.jpg

4711422378_31a0dd6c2f.jpg

I highly recommend getting these two but they have to be fresh from the oven or still warm. If I had to choose one, I'll go for the egg tart.

I'm not gonna lie, most of them thangs gross except for the egg tart and the one with coconut. My neighbor owns a Asian bakery and brings this stuff all the time

I love the egg tart, along with a lot of the buns. Finish it off with some milk bubble tea and your good for the day
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom