#NT Undergrads! It's Intern time

So it's about that time for everyone to start/finish their applications for Summer internships. Where's everyone applying/What's everyone applying for?
Completed:

-United Airlines

-Northrup Grumman

-Apple

-Google 

Planning on completing within the next week or two:

-JP Morgan

-Legg Mason

-Under Armour

-Hedge Funds

-Lockheed Martin

-Boeing

-All State

-Constellation Energy

-Aon

-Goldman Sachs

-American Express

What about you guys?

Just finished my internship. Hope everyone else applied early because some places stopped accepting applications since November.
ohwell.gif

*government internships, btw*

where do you guys get leads for internships??
cliff notes
- comp sci major
- lives in baltimore
- 3.1 GPA (i know...not that great)
- has a vehicle

iWhip- Try your schools online career start for the smaller local companies. But as far as the big ones. Easiest way is to pull up Fortune 500 then Google whatever company you're interested in + Careers (ex. "Northrup Grumman Careers"). That'll take you to their career sites where they tend to have a section dedicated to internships (they call them anythring from: internships, to student opportunities, to undergraduate opportunities, students, etc.). Or you can go into their job search page and just type "intern" or "internship" into the 'Search Keyword' tab, but for that to work they usually have to have a specific internship opening rather than just a general application.

Dwyane- No, I'm an Economics major/Business minor.

I'm about to finish my current internship next Saturday, but I'm starting my new one this Saturday too.

I'm a freshmen and a lot of the sites I went on for internships said they prefer juniors/seniors
frown.gif

What did you guys do during summer after freshmen year? I rather take an internship than work at a retail store again.

Internships can definitely turn into jobs. Had a meeting with the operations manager Monday, I start full time in January at kbs+p (digital advertising).

Never had an internship during college, worked at a restaurant all 4 years. Internships are a good look though, keep the connection when it's over that way you can go back and ask your old manager, etc. at that internship if there's any jobs available.

got a uc davis biophotonics lab internship ill be starting on jan 3rd. ill also be applying for the same program's summer internship as well as lab/research internships at various UCs. biochemistry pre-med junior college student. hopeful transfer to cal, stanford, davis or la

Accounting major here.

I will be interning at KPMG this summer. 
pimp.gif

I declined two other firms, including one other big 4.

I applied for like 100 internships throughout my collegiate career and was not chosen for a single one. I graduated in 2010. Economy sucked and still sucks. Going to grad school. Hope that pans out in the end or else theres always robbing a bank like the Joker!

Supremacy- Yeah unless you have a bunch of connections getting an internship after your freshman year is pretty damn hard. I just took a Data Entry job at one of the big government contractor's for the summer so I could make some good money and be able to throw a Fortune 500 company on my resume. Then I finally did an internship last year after my Sophomore year.

Michelin Man- Damn, 100? Keep your head up man. Something will pan out.

Anyone know a place looking for IS majors? I I used to have a government co-op working for the army, but switched majors to IS ad now I'm having a hard time finding another job.
So far I've applied at NASA, Boeing, and Defense Intelligence Agency. Waiting to hear back from them, I know most government agencies are under a hiring freeze right now. So does anyone on NT know about some private companies that hires IS majors?

consider paypal, too. paypal isn't done expanding in the phoenix area (where i work). before i moved to fraud, i noticed some postings for internships. if you're in arizona, or plan on coming to arizona, we still have a whole 4th floor that's being built and needs to be filled. uiioyuuu

Originally Posted by Supremacy

I'm a freshmen and a lot of the sites I went on for internships said they prefer juniors/seniors
frown.gif

What did you guys do during summer after freshmen year? I rather take an internship than work at a retail store again.

Ya that's why I went to summer school.  I would not even be effective either.  Hoping to find some new interesting startup to work at.

Back
Top Bottom