NT, We need to do something about animals in captivity,

They don't belong in cages or tanks for our entertainment. It sickens me and I will never step foot in another zoo or park with animals again.

:smh:

How dare you eat vegetables and fruits... you should be ashamed. Some man had to labor to plant them and pick them and then you eat them
mean.gif
If you're primarily concerned about labor, bear in mind that rearing livestock is MORE resource- and labor-intensive than growing crops.  Read up on how slaughterhouse employees have been treated sometime. 
Originally Posted by UrBetterthenME  

whether you want to admit it or not, but plants are living things as well. So your killing plants too.

My whole logic is that you can't just be one sided. Natural order is eat or be eaten. Just the way it is.
Plants don't have central nervous systems.  

Is this any more illogical as a point of distinction than "pigs but not cats, chickens but not parrots, cows, but not baby cows..." etc. etc.?

If you have no qualms with killing a sentient creature for no other reason than because you consider it tastier or more economical, so be it - but the false analogies used to attack veganism are unnecessary.  You shouldn't have to attack someone else's beliefs to justify your own. 

I agree, but I think we should do something about humans in captivity first.

Haven't been to a zoo in some years (thinking middle school field trip) and I don't ever intend on going back. The looks on their faces, having to deal with kids (and adults) yelling and throwing things at them... it's just sad man.

So youre vegan which I respect. You dont have pets I assume, and are sickened by people that own pets? Your solution to solve this issue is what exactly? Its entertainment, but its also educational. Not all things are bad about the zoo, getting a child interested in animals is a step in the right direction to preserving them. In my opinion zoos do more good than harm, introducing more children to animals they wouldnt ever see, gets the wheel spinning in the right direction.  

Granted I think people should at least understand that process of how animal products are produced and packaged. When I was really youngI went to mexico to visit family and while I was there I saw a pig killed infront of me. Stabbed it through the chest then put a Corn kob into the wound to reduce all the blood from gushing, spraying out.  I blocked most of it out of my head, and in all honestly think it desensitized more than anything else. Was way to young to see that to realize what was happening.   

To many people are blind to how there food is processed, seeing what really happens might make people at least think twice before always going for meat products. 

Zoos can be a good thing too ..

I personally think zoos do a good service. What I think OP is getting at is how certain animals are kept. Point blank it makes me sad as hell seeing the Gorillas and Elephants. They need to roam and live in a large area. Same goes for certain kinds of marine life like whales. They need to be set free.

Meth feeds off the souls of banned SNs

:lol:

I personally think zoos do a good service. What I think OP is getting at is how certain animals are kept. Point blank it makes me sad as hell seeing the Gorillas and Elephants. They need to roam and live in a large area. Same goes for certain kinds of marine life like whales. They need to be set free.

Thanks for reminding me. I'm gonna watch Blackfish right now. #freewilly

If you're primarily concerned about labor, bear in mind that rearing livestock is MORE resource- and labor-intensive than growing crops.  Read up on how slaughterhouse employees have been treated sometime. 

Is this any more illogical as a point of distinction than "pigs but not cats, chickens but not parrots, cows, but not baby cows..." etc. etc.?

If you have no qualms with killing a sentient creature for no other reason than because you consider it tastier or more economical, so be it - but the false analogies used to attack veganism are unnecessary.  You shouldn't have to attack someone else's beliefs to justify your own. 
A lack of a central nervous systems still doesn't change the fact that plants are living things. We were created to surive based on what is surrounding us and animals just so happen to exist. I have no problem eating a chicken, cow, pig, or a fish. I will however agree that animal abuse is wrong. If the animal(be it goat, chicken, cow, pig, etc) is not going to be eaten or used for helping society(zoos, research for dieases), then there is no reason to bother it.

A lack of a central nervous systems still doesn't change the fact that plants are living things. We were created to surive based on what is surrounding us and animals just so happen to exist. I have no problem eating a chicken, cow, pig, or a fish. I will however agree that animal abuse is wrong. If the animal(be it goat, chicken, cow, pig, etc) is not going to be eaten or used for helping society(zoos, research for dieases), then there is no reason to bother it.

imo there's a difference between personally killing and eating an animal for sustenance and materials and commodifying an entire species to be sold at supermarkets out of habit and convenience.

Back
Top Bottom