NT What do you do for a living???

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

Electrical Construction Engineer...

and I still work my p/t job at the Home Depot just for something to do...
how i get into something like that, IBEW?

I heard IBEW is good for the type of work that I'm doing. I have a co-worker from another office that wasemployed after she did some years in a union under IBEW. As a matter of fact, I plan on joining a union in the near future to learn more on electricalconstruction...

I got the job based on my degree in Electrical Engineering, but I never saw the type of work that I'm doing now when I was in school. My degree coveredmore of microelectronics and computer engineering, so I never dealt with the high voltages/ equipment/ etc. that I'm seeing now with the agency I workfor...

I'm about a year in, but I definately have a lot of work to do to get to where I wanna be...

A B.S. in civil, electrical, environmental, structural, or mechanical engineering will be good... or some type of a construction background is good enough todo the type of work that I do, since its mostly construction work...

I hope that helps...

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

Electrical Construction Engineer...

and I still work my p/t job at the Home Depot just for something to do...
how i get into something like that, IBEW?

I heard IBEW is good for the type of work that I'm doing. I have a co-worker from another office that was employed after she did some years in a union under IBEW. As a matter of fact, I plan on joining a union in the near future to learn more on electrical construction...

I got the job based on my degree in Electrical Engineering, but I never saw the type of work that I'm doing now when I was in school. My degree covered more of microelectronics and computer engineering, so I never dealt with the high voltages/ equipment/ etc. that I'm seeing now with the agency I work for...

I'm about a year in, but I definately have a lot of work to do to get to where I wanna be...

A B.S. in civil, electrical, environmental, structural, or mechanical engineering will be good... or some type of a construction background is good enough to do the type of work that I do, since its mostly construction work...

I hope that helps...
im in school taking construction management but i honestly hate school... im looking to get a union job/apprenticeship over the summer. somethinglike lineman or electrician!
Good info though
smokin.gif

Writer. Currently working on a treatment for a TV Show, and working on a reality show.

Just got done being a Regional Marketing Manager, but now I am looking for a job......10 years Marketing experience (lifestyle/experiential/specialtyone-off/nontraditional) and there is nothing!!!!

Back
Top Bottom