NT, What do you really need for college?

I'm not able to buy anything at the moment; therefore, I can only take what I have able at home, and I might be able to scrape up some change for the few things I need. Also, I'm probably going to be taking the Greyhound, space is another factor. I've looked at some college dorm checklists and most of the stuff doesn't seem viable or realistic, at the moment.
I have towels, clothes, shower caddy, and a few toiletries. Is there anything else that is an absolute necessity? Do I need a laptop?

A laptop will make things a lot easier cause you will need a computer for college. But you pretty much need just basic things depending on if you are living in an apartment or in the dorms. Depending on your school size, you really don't need any specific items for classes cause your professor probably won't care. 

You don't really need a laptop, because there should be a lot of computer labs, but having a laptop is definitely a plus.

I think you are good, those things are basically the primary stuff you need.
Oh yeah, you need blankets/pillow.

When I went to college freshman year I brought so much crap, but the only things I used were the items you named.
You should definitely save up for a laptop though.

Are you living in a dorm? And is food included in your housing plan?

Btw, I don't know what you're studying in but in most of my classes you don't need the textbook, or you can find it online.
So buy books for classes that you know for sure you need books in. 

Oh yeah, try not to buy books from the school bookstore. Use Amazon, or any other site that sells used books. You will save a lot of money.

www.ratemyprofessor.com (use this to find your professors)

Good luck! Have fun in college!

You could use school computers, so you don't necessarily need a laptop. I'd be bored if I didn't have a computer.

You don't exactly need a laptop, but remember if you don't have one you're going to be spending a lot of time in the library/computer lab.

I'd also have an ipod.

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Rubbers, a ipod and persistence
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

A FRIEND IN YOUR MAJOR IN A WHITE FRATERNITY.

THEY HAVE ALL THE TESTS.
to an extant, yes...

many Greek letter chapters run test banks for their members. Many professors recycle question/topics so it could come in handy.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

THEY HAVE ALL THE TESTS.
to an extant, yes...

many Greek letter chapters run test banks for their members. Many professors recycle question/topics so it could come in handy.

You don't really need to befriend someone from a fraternity to obtain past tests/assignments.
If you just meet people in your classes, many of them will have past tests from upperclassmen/siblings/friends. 

I also heard some Universities have a collection of past tests in their libraries.

But having past tests/assignments will definitely help you with some classes. 

Originally Posted by moundraised23

strong cosign. and a laptop. computer labs can get packed and hundreds of people touch those keyboards
sick.gif
...so with that said i always kept a small bottle of purell. its makes a huge difference.

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

You don't really need a laptop, because there should be a lot of computer labs, but having a laptop is definitely a plus.

I think you are good, those things are basically the primary stuff you need.
Oh yeah, you need blankets/pillow.

When I went to college freshman year I brought so much crap, but the only things I used were the items you named.
You should definitely save up for a laptop though.

Are you living in a dorm? And is food included in your housing plan?

Btw, I don't know what you're studying in but in most of my classes you don't need the textbook, or you can find it online.
So buy books for classes that you know for sure you need books in. 

Oh yeah, try not to buy books from the school bookstore. Use Amazon, or any other site that sells used books. You will save a lot of money.

www.ratemyprofessor.com (use this to find your professors)

Good luck! Have fun in college!
Yeah, I definitely need to look into finding some bedding, and I'm staying in a dorm and food is included, so I'm not worried about that. I got Amazon Prime a few days ago and I'm going to looking into find some books online somehow 
pimp.gif

i just got lucky wrote:
A rag (doesn't have to be clean), a bottle of chloroform, some leather gloves and a ski-mask.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Vendetta wrote:
Dedication over all else.

already packed it.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

FudgeMoney24 wrote:
moundraised23 wrote:

pimp.gif

my audio jack is broken 
frown.gif
 and it's already 6 years old
ryair max 1 wrote:
Cobra Kai wrote:

THEY HAVE ALL THE TESTS.

to an extant, yes...

this is news to me, I will make sure to look into this

Computer
A Router for your room
books
money
rubber bands(Keep me awake in class after a few snaps)
A alarm clock with a vibrator under the bed to SHAKE you up
Cloths
Quarters for laundry
Detergent
Ethernet cables.

Definitely look on craigslist for a netbook if you can find one. They can be had for pretty cheap nowadays.

An open mind is invaluable.

Pack a lot of underwear/socks. I had t-shirts for days but I ran out of undergarments the most and had to do laundry frequently because of that.

Ethernet, mp3, pc are pretty much essential unless you plan on sharing with someone else. Mini fridge if they don't have one, but you could get that when you arrive.

Back
Top Bottom