NT, what does 'quickstrike' mean?

quickstrike means that a shoe without a actual release date, and info and samples don't show up until a couple weeks before the release.

Originally Posted by dcortes23

quickstrike means that a shoe without a actual release date, and info and samples don't show up until a couple weeks before the release.
This. The last couple of quickstrikes we've had have had limited numbers as well.

BostonThreeParty: I second that notion

Quickstrike is one of the most loosely used terms on this message board. Honestly, I couldn't even tell you the "exact" definition.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

someone should just make a dictionary of all the sneakerhead terms
co-sign

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Quickstrike is one of the most loosely used terms on this message board. Honestly, I couldn't even tell you the "exact" definition.

it seems like that everytime a "Quickstrike"comes around

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

someone should just make a dictionary of all the sneakerhead terms
pimp.gif
co sign

this is the best definition i have seen.... "The definition of quickstrike is a extrememly limited shoe that comes out in select stores or websiteswithout a preannounced release date"

I still don't believe the term quickstrike has anything to do with preannounced release dates. Yeezys were quickstrikes. Were there preannounced releasedates? Yes.

That would mean that they were just a very limited pair, not necessarily a QS.

IMO, a QS is generally regarded as a release date-worthy shoe that just pops up at stores unannounced. The best examplesI can give would be the White/Carolina Men's XIII that dropped in '05 (these were originally women's only, then on RD they dropped along with the"New" Grey Toes), the White/Carolina Retro XII's (same thing; originally women's, then dropped as a Men's) and the "QS"XX's (which I remember a poor guy getting flamed for showing the pics early and accused of having fakes). My memory's a bit hazy on this one, butI'm pretty sure the white cement Retro 3's in 2003 were quickstrikes as well.

In the past a quickstrike would show up out of the blue with no previous info or knowledge, but with how things go thesedays, it's not common for that to go down with this board.

Originally Posted by UGK4Life

i think there is a list somewhere...ill post it later...

-Tyler
Word,
it's archived I believe...

there is a pretty decent sized thread with "sneakerhead" terms in it....

d e beatup wrote:
That would mean that they were just a very limited pair, not necessarily a QS.

IMO, a QS is generally regarded as a release date-worthy shoe that just pops up at stores unannounced. The best examples I can give would be the White/Carolina Men's XIII that dropped in '05 (these were originally women's only, then on RD they dropped along with the "New" Grey Toes), the White/Carolina Retro XII's (same thing; originally women's, then dropped as a Men's) and the "QS" XX's (which I remember a poor guy getting flamed for showing the pics early and accused of having fakes). My memory's a bit hazy on this one, but I'm pretty sure the white cement Retro 3's in 2003 were quickstrikes as well.

In the past a quickstrike would show up out of the blue with no previous info or knowledge, but with how things go these days, it's not common for that to go down with this board.

i was thinking the same.

I think that part of the mystery behind the "quickstrike" is understanding the structuring of accounts.

Off the top of my head, I can think of SB Accounts, 6.0 Accounts, LS Account, Brand Jordan Account, Tier 0, Urban Tier 0,Tier 1/Inline/GR, Tier 45, Tech (Specialty) Running, Indie (Elite or Energy) Accounts. Pretty sure there are more that I'm missing.

When you're dealing with a super-limited account like Tier 0, where you only have a handful of stores at most, you getinto the hyperstrike level; pretty much a uber-limited shoe that may or may not be a QS, but with far better quality and detail than a GR model. You prettymuch never see a true QS from an Inline acct since in essence their bread and butter is the GR/Team J/Entry level shoe. With the hype surrounding the Jumpman,I highly doubt we'll see a true QS anytime soon because of how much is posted on the net. Closest thing we get to a Jordan QS to me is when aninternational release comes stateside, like when Fire Red Spizikes showed up on Eastbay or back in '04 when the Nubuck XII's popped up at D1cks andAthletes Foot. I would say that the Wade Jordan T-Shirts that will show up eventually are quickstrike from theapparel side.

Also to expound on my earlier opinion, it mainly has to do with the calendar/product sheets made available to vendors. Ifthey get a Retro 6 that wasn't on their calendar, I'd classify it as a QS, which is what happened with my company when the Jazz 6 Rings came in GS,when none of the other City series 6 Rings did prior.

Back
Top Bottom