NT, what is there to do in Tokyo?

So I'll be heading over to Tokyo for 3 nights, and I have no idea what there is to do there. Anyone who's been there, please school me on what there is to do there!
happy.gif

I did a little research, and I heard Shinjuku was a good place to hit up, as there are lots of nightlife going on and is very busy. I'll most likely be renting a hotel in Shinjuku.

Any information on the following would be greatly appreciated:

-Any good sneaker spots/nice stores to hit up in Tokyo near Shinjuku?
-Famous shopping areas, such as nightlife/shopping centers
-Basically anything that is a must-do while I'm there.

Mods, I apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum, I figured I'd get the best answers if I posted in General.

Thanks NT!!

1. Take on the yakuza with a rag-tag group of locals and transplants.
2. Become drift king of Tokyo and earn the respect of said yakuza
3. Race Vin Deisel

j/k I have no idea

Do a Japanese Girl.

/thread.
P.S. Now the serious stuff...

1) Take a picture with the life scale gundam (at the Gundam Cafe)

2) Visit the tons of Video Game Shops/Arcades

3) Taste the variety of food (from Kit Kat flavors to Whale, Horse, Ramen and Blue Fin Toro)

4) Go to the Japanese Shinto/Shogunate Temples (maybe view a festival, ideally Cherry Blossom one)

5) Take the Bullet Train everywhere if you can

6) Check out the nightlife (heard it's bomb and the Japanese girls... oh my.... 
devil.gif
)

Originally Posted by qball23

I always wanted to go. please share some experiences please
wink.gif
Will definitely post some pics.
smokin.gif

But thanks for the insight, guys. I still need some more suggestions though, especially on some nice sneaker/shopping spots
happy.gif

Yes, drink drink drink.
First hit up akihabara. It doesnt matter if you're an otaku or not, you have to absolutely experience a maid cafe.

Next, if you want the touristy nightlife, hit up roponggi. plenty of bars/resturant/clubs etc in the area to choose from.
basically you can have a good night in anyone of the main areas as far as drinking goes.
club hopping is basically none existent in japan because every [good] club has a cover charge of ~$20-$30.
bars of course are different, you can enter/exit as you please.

last day I'd head to asakusa to get some temple/shrine shots in, try to find a good ramen shop or something, and some sushi.

There are a lot of good gourmet spots in Japan, but its almost difficult to find if you cant read japanese. If you spot a magazine dedicated to foreigners then they would probably list some good places to eat at. You could also try picking up a hotpepper/any free gourmet mag in japanese and try your luck.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

you have to absolutely experience a maid cafe.

i am sorry but maid cafes is the biggest rip off in the world, extremely expensive and you see nothing but pedophiles lurking around.

Back
Top Bottom