NT, whats your take on people who are "Twitter/Tumblr Famous"

Okay, I follow a couple people who tumblr who gets called being tumblr famous & what kills me the most is they act like a celeb does
laugh.gif

Then you have heads on twitter with like 100,000+ followers (average people) and they act like twitter is everything...%!#+ is
sick.gif

I think it is pathetic personally, but that is just me.  I can't vibe with someone who is so wrapped up into social media...I am an old school face to face conversation person.  I need someone with alter egos and different online personalities in my world.  I have no online presence, and while I don't expect a significant other to do the same, I do expect her to live in the real world and have her priorities straight.  

These tumblr famous people kill me. I always end up unfollowing them.
I hate people that are cocky for no reason. All they do is reblog other people's pictures and act like they're a gift to the interwebz

In a few years, when whatever social site they're "famous" on  is played out, they'll have to live with their normal miserable lives.  Word to Lebron.  Most of those "famous" people have no type of life outside of the internet (How do you think they got so "famous" in the first place?)

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude has 10,000 followers and follows 20. True G status.

roll.gif

Real talk though. They kill me with the "RT my next tweet & I'll follow 3 people back" +%#$
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

Basically...I guess that is why NT has stayed fairly constant in the last 10 years of my life.  There will be long periods I did not post or browse the site, but I liked the impersonal nature of NT and that is what the internet was all about to me.  A good way to connect with people, strangers, share information, gain information, but not in an in your face/business exploited everywhere manner.  I don't want to meet someone and be able to see the last 7 years of their life via pictures and a wall or news feed. 

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

I think it is pathetic personally, but that is just me.  I can't vibe with someone who is so wrapped up into social media...I am an old school face to face conversation person.  I need someone with alter egos and different online personalities in my world.  I have no online presence, and while I don't expect a significant other to do the same, I do expect her to live in the real world and have her priorities straight.  
I don't understand what you mean (red part) but other than that, I agree with you 100%.

1. you sound upset, you don't like them ignore them.
2. its their hobby, let them live, you like NT they like whatever theyre on

if its really bothering you delete your life

Originally Posted by j4ck

same thing as people on facebook with 400+ friends.
In their defense, almost everyone I know personally has over 400 friends on FB...doesn't necessarily mean you're wrapped up in social networking. I could almost see if you said 1,000

Personal preference...as stated to each their own.  You shouldn't let anyone's use impact you that much directly.  If you base what you do on what other people do or like...that is another problem.

I think youtube famous people > these people. The best things about these people, that I can think of, is if they had some type of marketing or hype they could push. New music, or clothes, or anything really. If these many people are following/ reblogging everything pics/ posts/ moves they make, they should really take advantage of the moment. As fas as acting a certain way due to the amount of followers you have, I guess it just comes with the territory. I really don't follow those type of people.

Originally Posted by j4ck

same thing as people on facebook with 400+ friends.

HS, college, gradschool, work, fam members.. its not hard to break 400+ "friends" on FB..
someone answer my question tho: how does one act like a celeb via internet?

sorry, i haven't used FB in 3 years but ... 400 friends back then is probably = to 1000+ now.

If you are not in a brand-building industry (media, entertainment, etc.) and spend a significant amount of time on twitter, I feel sorry for you. That's so much time wasted. I understand a tweet here and there but 30,000? And you're not promoting anything or producing value for yourself?

This post goes out to many in #NT.

I don't know if I should feel a certain way....should I?

most people in this thread are just going to come off bitter and jealous in others eyes......

so the one's in here judging the so called famous twitter/tumblr folks, will get judged also by those that lurk or post on NT.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

If you are not in a brand-building industry (media, entertainment, etc.) and spend a significant amount of time on twitter, I feel sorry for you. That's so much time wasted. I understand a tweet here and there but 30,000? And you're not promoting anything or producing value for yourself?

This post goes out to many in #NT.
*checks my # of tweets*

Can I live? Come at me brah
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom