NT, Which Game System should I get and Why? UPDATED on PG 4..MADE MY DECISION

I have all three and if I had to pick one I'd go with 360. I like the games better and I have more friends with 360s than PS3s so the online is moreenjoyable.

For those with all 3, you dropping 400 (PS3) 300 (360) and 250 (wii) thats a lot of money. plus games and controllers n *%*.

360 I don't think I've ever dropped a game on live, but whenever I go to my cousins house to play call of duty on ps3 it takes forever to connect andwe always get DC'ed. (not the internet's problem, we can still surf the net when we get disconnected.)

Xbox 360 should be your choice if you will be playing online at all. Hands down better online play than PS3.
And RROD shouldn't even be a concern because if it does happen you can have it fixed for free in 2 weeks.

Xbox 360. People are always telling me that Xbox will fix the system or send a new one even if you dont have the red rings. It might just take a couple weeks.And its all about how you take care of it. Turn the thing off when youre not using it. Downloading games to the 360 helps on taking alot of the stress off it.Just gotta take care of it and you should be fine.

Originally Posted by The Kid Fiasco

Wii. Way Fun and great to use when you bring a honey over.
pimp.gif
Sorry bro but the last thing im gonna do when i have a girl over is be like "Yo girl you wanna go play some video games"

Originally Posted by CreekShow

Xbox 360. People are always telling me that Xbox will fix the system or send a new one even if you dont have the red rings. It might just take a couple weeks. And its all about how you take care of it. Turn the thing off when youre not using it. Downloading games to the 360 helps on taking alot of the stress off it. Just gotta take care of it and you should be fine.

pimp.gif
Sorry bro but the last thing im gonna do when i have a girl over is be like "Yo girl you wanna go play some video games"

when you get it on the regular, it's not about sex everytime a girl is over..

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Xbox 360. People are always telling me that Xbox will fix the system or send a new one even if you dont have the red rings. It might just take a couple weeks. And its all about how you take care of it. Turn the thing off when youre not using it. Downloading games to the 360 helps on taking alot of the stress off it. Just gotta take care of it and you should be fine.

pimp.gif

QFT...Wii + girl = good times, plus it always ends well
wink.gif

What kind of gamer are you? And what type of games do you like? Those are the questions you need to ask yourself before you buy a system.

PS3, but if you have friends w/ a 360 just get that. I prefer the PS3 over the 360 though I play my 360 more and that's only cause my ppls don't have aPS3 yet and it seems that's the only time I can holla at em since they never answer the phone.
laugh.gif
But Killzone 2 online>>>>>>>>>>Halo3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gears<----See what I did there?

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
who said I was talking about sex? Usually the ones "getting it on the regular" dont have to convince other people they are "getting it onthe regular". The only games im tryna play anyways arent ones girls are going to want to play anyways. Ive never heard of a girl wanting to get down insome madden or live. You can have fun on your guitar hero dates while im doing actual fun stuff

In my experience...

Wii ($249.99): It's a lot of fun with people over and doing party games. If you have kids (dunno if you do) they love it too. It's marketed towards abroader audience and not so much for the hardcore gamer.

PS3 ($399.99): Great graphics, free wireless, free online play, some backwards compatibility issues. Great first party games (MSG4, Kz2, and at some point GranTurismo, etc.). The Blu-Ray player is said to be the best on the market due to the fact that the PS3 has an internal hard drive and an internet connectionallowing for frequent firmware updates to get the most out of the features on the newer Blu-Ray discs.

Xbox 360 ($199.99 - Arcade Model, $299.99 - Pro Model, $399.99 - Elite Model): Great graphics, the most comfortable controller on the market, amazing onlineplay via Xbox Live with thousands options for downloadable content (game expansion packs, themes, arcade games, original Xbox games, game add-in content). XboxLive offers Netflix to stream videos to your console in SD or HD. Excellent exclusive games (Halo 3, GoW 1/2, BioShock, Mass Effect, Fable 2, etc.)

Regarding some of the hardware pro's and con's:

Yes, it's true that the Xbox 360 has been plagued in the past by the "red ring of death" (RROD). Presently though, Microsoft is offering freerepair service if your console happens to crash. They've revamped the console internally to fix the problem. It takes approximately two weeks to have itfixed.

I've heard as well of PS3's becoming bricks, but I don't know the extent of how many consoles crash, but it does happen. Hardware failure isn'tisolated to the Xbox 360 only.

Some people have expressed concern regarding true HD from the consoles. All PS3's are equipped with an HDMI interface. For owners of older Xbox 360'sHDMI wasn't included, but if you're purchasing a new 360 console, it will have HDMI included. The Wii does not offer true HD (1080p). The highestresolutions capable with the Wii are 720p or 1080i through component cables that have to be purchased separately.

Hopefully this info helped. Most of my friends (and myself included) have Xbox 360's. I don't know many people that have PS3's (which I find to bekind of weird, but w/e). It all depends on what you want out of your console and what kind of games you like to play.

I have all 3. I use the PS3 the most because 1080P on a Samsung TV looks ALLRIGHT!!! Plus it has Blu Ray!

The 360 is cool if you like online gaming but other than that I don't care for it. Maybe I am biased but I have had to swap (4) 360s since launch due toRRODs. Turn around to swap it out is about 2 weeks. Pain in the you know what!

The Wii is cool if you have girls over. Wii Bowling or Wii tennis is mad fun with females.

i had a 360 for two years. about a month ago i got a ps3 and i realize i wasted 2 years of gaming. For a hundred more you get so much more imo. plus it haswifi so u dont have to drop 90 bucks if you use wireless internet. Play online for free. Its just better imo.

if you're gonna play online get a 360.
you have to pay for xbl for a reason because its sooo much better than the PSN

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Dont come at her like that.
Wii with a girl is like watching a movie or listening to music, just something to do. Some Girls love wii some don't.

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Xbox. I don't have either but i'd rather get an XBOX because of the Netflix option and the x10000 better online content. + Halo
You can stream SD and HD movies directly from the PSstore.
yeah but not with netflix dummy, with the PS3 you gotta pay like $5 for a movie which lasts 1 or two days but its expensive and weak.

OP I had a 360 and bought a ps3 because all the features sound really good like Blu ray, wifi, graphics, reliability, etc. But Once you actually get thesystem you will see how none of those things really matter because the ps3 is wack , I bought one in November and its just collecting dust and I woulda soldthat a long time ago but then people gonna be thinkin I need money or something so I just said w/e
laugh.gif
. The 360 is just way funner man, but only because on xbox live, if you dontplan on getting xbox live then just go with the ps3.
And xbox live is only $40 a year so thats less than $3.50 a month for it and unless your the cheapest person or poorest dont let that affect your decision.

I have all 3 as well.

Wii - only games worth getting if you know you're not gonna be having people over to play it much is Mario Kart Wii, SSB Brawl, Mario Galaxy, Super PaperMario, and Zelda. Other than that...not a whole lot out there.

PS3 - prolly the "sexier" one out of the 3..has alot of good games out for it already like Killzone 2, MLB 09 The Show, LittleBigPlanet, etc. Freeonline...Home is pretty cool as well. It can't be beat as a Blu Ray player either.

360 - the one I probably play the most. Really have no problems with it outside of a few tech probs. Online isn't free either.

Back
Top Bottom