NT who here has/going to/knows someone who transferred to a 4-year out of CC?

First year of CC, planning on staying another year and transferring specifically to a UC. Anyone else have any stories? GPA and college you guys got in? thanks.

My sister, she graduated high school back in 2005, spent 3 years at Mt. Sac while working full time and maintaining a 3.98 GPA, she goes to UCLA now as aNursing major, I plan on transferring to UCLA too, I go to Mt. Sac right now.

im trying
eyes.gif

1/ Get a high GPA and apply broadly.

2/ Research specific schools that you're interested in (look for their requirements for transfer...it's all listed)

3/ Numero uno

I've heard of tons and in my area most CC students from my high school district all have a 4 year after CC in mind. Specifically, the UC system you have toget a great GPA, which is I think the main and only thing they look at. If anything just look and research around, I've only just heard from students.

I transferred out of CC. I stayed a year and a half and was able to get enough credits for me to transfer to a 4 yr school. I transferred to the University ofHouston. Like someone said, just make sure your GPA is high enough to transfer to a good 4 yr and look at each schools requirements because they're alldifferent. Good luck.

I'm just finishing up my second year at CC, I got accepted to SHU and FDU do i will be going there next year. Its mostly based on your college credits andgpa.

im planning on transferring to a UC, im in my first year of CC right now.
Just gotta bust my butt & get all my units going & keep my GPA up there

ive had plenty friends go to CC and then go to UCs (mostly ucla and usc).

you just have to be focused, know what your major is and get it done.

Originally Posted by withapassion

I've heard of tons and in my area most CC students from my high school district all have a 4 year after CC in mind. Specifically, the UC system you have to get a great GPA, which is I think the main and only thing they look at. If anything just look and research around, I've only just heard from students.
umm not necessarily...if youre in cali CC's have transfer agreements to UC. Majority of the major all you need is a 2.8 to sign the transferagreement and finish most of your lower division to get in. If a major is impacted then you will need a better GPA to be competitive. For engineering majorsyou will need a 3.5 at CC to sign the transfer agreement. Once you sign the transfer agreement and its been approved, all you will have to do is finish thecourses you are told to and your chances of getting in are high.

i started out at Riverside Community College....i messed around when i first started there and it took me almost 3 years to get out of that damn place...

but now im at UCR chillin....just talk to a counselor and make sure u stay on track with transferable classes

I transfered from a CC to a 4-year. If you have a specific major you want to take, take into consideration if the CC has that major available which you canthen transfer to a 4 year to get your bachelor's in it. I would try and talk to a counselor to see what classes/credits can be transferred over to the 4year your trying to get into and what classes aren't, just so that you don't waste any time/money.

Also use this time at a CC to get a good GPA. CC classes tend to be a little easier than 4-year classes because they know most people are using the CC as astepping stone for a 4 year. Although in NYC when you transfer you start off with a clean slate and a new GPA, your CC overall GPA could be averaged withwhatever 4 year college GPA as your cumulative GPA which if you didn't go good in your CC could hurt you when you try to get into a specialized program ina 4 year college.

I left my CC with a 3.0 and now I have a 3.6 cumulative.

I'm hoping to do this. I'm in my 2nd year at CC and i still don't know what i want to do.

i did it

actually i went from a university... hated it.. transfered to a cc... now back at a 4 year... its not that serious. cc is over-hated. just do good andyou'll get accepted anywhere you want.

You don't need a high GPA to transfer into a UC. My cousin is a transfer in UCD with about 3.2-3 or something. His friend transferred to Berkeley witharound 3.6-8 I think.
Pay attention to the transfer programs they have to offer, it's usually guaranteed admission.

I was class of '03 out of HS, I know 5-7 folks who transferred from CC's to UC's and Cal State's. Not sure of their GPA's.

Went to a CC out of high school for 2 years (3.3 GPA?), transferred to UW Bothell Business School and graduated (3.1 GPA), now work at Boeing.

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

You don't need a high GPA to transfer into a UC. My cousin is a transfer in UCD with about 3.2-3 or something. His friend transferred to Berkeley with around 3.6-8 I think.
Pay attention to the transfer programs they have to offer, it's usually guaranteed admission.
yep..berkeley might be a bit tougher. Not many schools offer TAG agreements for berkeley at least not in the sacramento area. I know ContraCosta College and Diablo Valley does tho.

If you can afford to / get in to a 4 year university, go for it. Only use a CC as a backup.

That said, I did the CC to 4 year university route. Word of advice, figure out what you want to major in, get with a counselor, find out what yourpre-requisites are and take them! It's real easy to get lost taking bull %*+% classes at a CC and then after 2 years you find out you haven't taken anypre-reqs for your major. Then you end up at a 4-year taking sophmore classes.

Back
Top Bottom