NT, who is your favorite skateboarder of all time?

Prod & Koston
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

hands down, THE GONZ.
mark_gonzales.jpg
This dude gotta be one of the coolest dudes to grace the earth 
pimp.gif
. My favorite would have to be Brent Atchley though dude is just too smooth  

In the early 2000's Daniel Shimizu was one of my favorites. He could do hurricane grinds down handrails like no one else and I thought that was neat. You still don't see that today
He was actually one of the reasons why I gained interest in sneakers. I met him about 9-10 years ago and he was skating in a new pair of the orange/blue Danny Supa Dunk SBs (hard to imagine someone doing that now
laugh.gif
) They definitely caught my eye and I started paying more attention to Nikes. He wasn't on the team then, just getting the shoes for free. I think he signed to Nike SB sometime soon after.

Being a devoted skateboarder at that time, Nike was viewed as the "sell out" brand and everyone in my gang of skater friends thought I was nuts for wanting to skate in them . The price of SBs were too high to justify skating in them since they never held up as long as skate shoes, but you could get GR Nikes on the clearance racks at the mall shoe stores and they did just fine when you swapped in the zoom air insole.

i have to say tony hawk. if it wasnt for his games i would have never cared about skateboarding.

Tony Hawk, Eric Koston, Bastien Salabanzi, Mark Appleyard, Chad Muska, P rod

dc-shoes-stevie-williams-signature-model-2000.jpg

STEVIE MUTHA *%$!@%' WILLIAMS SON

1) that shoe right there was one of THE dopest out back in the day. the all suede tan jawns 
pimp.gif

2) as a young black kid who loved skating, when i saw this cat doing it big with gold teeth and a gold chain with a gold grenade medallion i was like yo, i aint no sell out cause i like skating cause this hood %*+ philly dude is about it and getting paper. im 27 so i was young black and skating at a time where it wasnt the latest fashion trend in the black community and that was just dope to me.\

3)

Back
Top Bottom