NT, who is your favorite skateboarder of all time?

My good friend from school who grew up with me. End up moving to Cali when we were young to be come a skater.

His name is RICK HOWARD

Heard he blew up in the 90's ....Any Info. ?...

I remember back in the days, of him stirrin' up sheit and talking big

Guess I will run his name through Google after this post...

wink.gif

Koston/Milton/Rodriguez/K. Anderson/Song/Reynolds/M. Johnson/Carroll/S. Williams/C. Cole/Shane/Mulder/Gino/Herman

man, there are too many. Pretty much a 99-2004 Era for me.

Then, of course, my brothers I grew up with skating are some of my favorite skateboarders, too.

Originally Posted by doofelos

Originally Posted by ps2child

Been following Nigel Houston.

his names nyjah huston
laugh.gif
nigel sounds real australian
as for my favorite of all time id probably have to go with eric koston just cause he seems like a cool **% dude and he can rip it on a board

Pardon my spelling lol. If it wasn't for tony hawk pro skater on ps1 I wouldn't even be posting in here. Hawk will be my all time fav but watching new talent I like what huston brings.

TeflanDon...

you just have to start skating...and love it. Just like music, it's a lifestyle. You will automatically be intrigued to "dig in the crates" for classic material. That will sharpen your knowledge and love for it.

My favorite character on THPS was Rune Glifberg.
pimp.gif

And I started liking skating alot once I found out about TK and the Ice Cream Skate Team. But as far as a favorite I would go with Cato Williams or Buckey Lasek.

from grade 5 to like 10 +$+
Bob Burnquist, Pierre Luc Gagnon or Bucky Lasek
i watched alot of Vert but now i dont follow it at all really

Originally Posted by BabyJordan0312

My good friend from school who grew up with me. End up moving to Cali when we were young to be come a skater.

His name is RICK HOWARD

Heard he blew up in the 90's ....Any Info. ?...

I remember back in the days, of him stirrin' up sheit and talking big

Guess I will run his name through Google after this post...

wink.gif
yooo rick howard?! ever heard of lakai, chocolate, or girl? three real famous skateboarding companies.. and your boy started all of em
pimp.gif
talk to your boy and hook nt skaters up with some free flow!!

i think like lots of NTers on this thread, my main exposure to skateboarding has been the THPS series. I have a couple friends who are a little more in to the culture than I am: they actually go to spots, hit rails, jump stairs and fall on their faces all afternoon.

So chime in on this friendly "debate" I've had with them. After seeing Rodney Mullen footage, I feel like his tricks aren't being repeated by anybody and they obviously look extremely difficult. However, my friends that skate, kind of dismiss Mullen as a one trick pony and instead favor skaters who can string tricks together, jump stairs, etc.

The comparison is that Rodney Mullen = And1 or Harlem GlobeTrotters version of skateboarding and it's not "real". Any credibility to that argument?

only skateboarders i like is tony hawk and prod, i dont know too many skateboarders

Originally Posted by CorndogMcgee

i think like lots of NTers on this thread, my main exposure to skateboarding has been the THPS series. I have a couple friends who are a little more in to the culture than I am: they actually go to spots, hit rails, jump stairs and fall on their faces all afternoon.

So chime in on this friendly "debate" I've had with them. After seeing Rodney Mullen footage, I feel like his tricks aren't being repeated by anybody and they obviously look extremely difficult. However, my friends that skate, kind of dismiss Mullen as a one trick pony and instead favor skaters who can string tricks together, jump stairs, etc.

The comparison is that Rodney Mullen = And1 or Harlem GlobeTrotters version of skateboarding and it's not "real". Any credibility to that argument?
Rodney Mullen can string tricks together. He's one of the most technical skaters I've seen other than Daewon Song. Every skater has a weakness. Stevie Williams barely does stairs and hand rails but if you tell him to skate switch and put a manny pad in front of him he will kill it. Terry Kennedy can kill hand rails but he barely does flip tricks. 

Back
Top Bottom