NT, Who were the greatest and worst Presidents?

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by Los Yankees

LBJ>You. Peace Corps , oh nice but Johnson's great society FTW

Extending the dependence of Blacks on the government is not something to be proud of.

Best 20th Century: Reagan
Worst 20th Century: Wilson, FDR, Hoover, Nixon and Carter were all equally terrible.

Best 19th Century: Jefferson
Worst 19th Centrury: Not really sure.

Yes, only blacks use government programs.

Who do you think was targted for votes? The Democratic Party only started being sympathetic towards Blacks and displaying their "white guilt" whenthey realized it was politically conveinent.

For those of you who said Bush, think about this. Yes, his actions have led to the worst economic times we have seen in a long time. But after 9/11, he wasFORCED to spend a #%*# ton of money in order to attempt to protect our nation from terrorism and what not. Looking at it now, sure we are really bad offbecause of him....but he was in a position where he was FORCED to spend money like a mad man. Just something to think about.

I was/am not a Bush supporter by the way.

Originally Posted by dland24

For those of you who said Bush, think about this. Yes, his actions have led to the worst economic times we have seen in a long time. But after 9/11, he was FORCED to spend a #%*# ton of money in order to attempt to protect our nation from terrorism and what not. Looking at it now, sure we are really bad off because of him....but he was in a position where he was FORCED to spend money like a mad man. Just something to think about.

They're not even thinking lol.

They say bush just because it's the "cool thing" to say. It really just proves how ignorant of history they are.

Originally Posted by dland24

For those of you who said Bush, think about this. Yes, his actions have led to the worst economic times we have seen in a long time. But after 9/11, he was FORCED to spend a #%*# ton of money in order to attempt to protect our nation from terrorism and what not. Looking at it now, sure we are really bad off because of him....but he was in a position where he was FORCED to spend money like a mad man. Just something to think about.

He spent tons money on other things such as bailouts, federal education and social programs. And I still don't see how rushing into Iraq isjustified.

The early 20th century was pretty bad. Taft, Coolidge. As far as modern times goes Carter would go behind Nixon as far as policy goes.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

The early 20th century was pretty bad. Taft, Coolidge. As far as modern times goes Carter would go behind Nixon as far as policy goes.
Should be bottom 5 in everyone's list.
laugh.gif

Lincoln is by far the worst president in our history. The right to secession is the most important right we have as individuals. We are granted our freedom byAmerica's laws, but the act of secession is the practice of that freedom that is no longer available to us thanks to Lincoln. Great emancipator? Hardly.Pure economic decision. Andrew Johnson as a VP? That's the great political genius at work (sarcasm). Too many myths about this clown to continue, but he isthe worst thing to ever happen to this country.

Originally Posted by Swish 22

Lincoln is by far the worst president in our history. The right to secession is the most important right we have as individuals. We are granted our freedom by America's laws, but the act of secession is the practice of that freedom that is no longer available to us thanks to Lincoln. Great emancipator? Hardly. Pure economic decision. Andrew Johnson as a VP? That's the great political genius at work (sarcasm). Too many myths about this clown to continue, but he is the worst thing to ever happen to this country.
wow

Originally Posted by Swish 22

Lincoln is by far the worst president in our history. The right to secession is the most important right we have as individuals. We are granted our freedom by America's laws, but the act of secession is the practice of that freedom that is no longer available to us thanks to Lincoln. Great emancipator? Hardly. Pure economic decision. Andrew Johnson as a VP? That's the great political genius at work (sarcasm). Too many myths about this clown to continue, but he is the worst thing to ever happen to this country.

I wouldnt say he's the worst, but you're right about his decision. I applaud your history knowledge, good job.

In a generation or two's time well be putting Clinton and Obama in the top 5-10.

During Clintons era, the US was prospering on a crazy scale and was in a economic boom

What Obama is doing now to help the economy will pay off in the end.

But as the best I vot LBJ and Reagan

^ Do you have 12.1 trillion dollars laying around? I wouldn't be too sure about Obama being that highly rated, especially with 3+ years remaining inoffice. I could be wrong, but that amount of debt is frightening.

Jimmy Carter was one of the worst Presidents, but one of the best MEN to serve as president.

Also George Bush sr. had the highest approval ratings in history, and yet served only one term.

I'm gonna go with FDR, with the new deal and all.

Originally Posted by StackKerouac

Jimmy Carter was one of the worst Presidents, but one of the best MEN to serve as president.

Also George Bush sr. had the highest approval ratings in history, and yet served only one term.

I'm gonna go with FDR, with the new deal and all.
Naw fam, he's a Gatech Alum
pimp.gif

The greatest:
TwentyDollarBill.jpg

This guy was a straight up G. His life story could be action blockbuster and he's the only president to ever take us out of a deficit.

Originally Posted by CaliKix88

The greatest:
TwentyDollarBill.jpg

This guy was a straight up G. His life story could be action blockbuster and he's the only president to ever take us out of a deficit.
no, not at all. dude was pure evil.

Originally Posted by Los Yankees

LBJ>You. Peace Corps , oh nice but Johnson's great society FTW

Extending the dependence of Blacks on the government is not something to be proud of.

Best 20th Century: Reagan
Worst 20th Century: Wilson, FDR, Hoover, Nixon and Carter were all equally terrible.

Best 19th Century: Jefferson
Worst 19th Centrury: Not really sure.

Yes, only blacks use government programs.

its beyond clear los has no idea what he is talking about

its one thing to think Regan is the best president...fine

but to say LBJ's war on poverty was bad and its bad because it made "black dependent"

how are you going to say one program made an entire race of people dependant on the government? that's idiotic

furthermore there were way more safety net programs administered during FDR's terms during the great depression......do you believe that that made"whites" dependant on the government too?

that was a stupid thing to say and it falls in line with you thinking Regan is the best president of the 20th century Clinton accomplished 10 times moredomestically than Regan could of ever thought of doing. And lets not forget his track record when it comes to foreign policy is lying to the American people.But whatever you have a right to enjoy him (although i take it you are either incredibly stupid or incredibly rich, maybe both)

as to answer the question there was a list done at the end of 2008 that comes out ever 4 years with the presidential cycle that does a very good job of rankingpresidents by C-Span ( http://www.c-span.org/PresidentialSurvey/Overall-Ranking.aspx)

anyway as for best ill go with George Washington just because at that time he was able to maintain and set a standard for America that all presidents followto this day. with out him it can easily be said that America would not be what it is today

as for worst it has to be William Henry Harrison. He served for 3 months or something...i guess its not his fault though cause he died but still

EDIT

i didn't even see Los put FDR as one of the worst presidents ever
smh.gif

if you love Regan you have no choice to like FDR because without him there would be no America for him to $+$$ up. Not to mention that FDR single handily savedcapitalism, got us out of the great depression, and was instrumental in winning WWII. Really what did he not do right? Any scholar you talk to ranks FDR as oneof the best presidents ever. Sure some of his new deal programs were out there and he wanted to make the Supreme Court 15 but a lot of his really reallyprogressive stuff never saw the light of day.

every single person making money in the American free market owes FDR of allowing corporate capitalism to stay as our nations system.

my god son.

and you had the audacity to complement that other guy on his history when what he was saying wasent practical at all yet you seem to have no grasp onreality

raptors29 wrote:
RL Treyce wrote:
wow....gif should come down...

there goes 1 thing I wouldn't joke about..

Why? People need to see the truth.

oh okay cause people come to NT to see the truth about history.

the point is its a gif of a man getting murdered (in real life mind you)

imagine if that was a gif of your father being shot in the head would you still say "people need to see the truth"

its insensitive to peoples feelings who dont like to watch a President, whom many value for his contributions to this country, being murdered.

god its like the blind leading the blind in this thread

Back
Top Bottom