NT, Why does Society constantly criticize Women who dress Provacativly?

So, yesterday a girl @ my school gets sent to the princibals office, because her skirt was shorter in length, then her hands at her sides.

This was the big topic today, because Shawty was a 10 (word to Dream
laugh.gif
)

Anyways, I overheard one of the teachers talking about, girls who dress like that, have no self esteem, or respect for themselves, which is why they dress thatway.

But, actually couldn't it be said that it's the other way around?

Women who "cover up"/dress conservatively have no self esteem and feel ashamed of themselves, thats why they dress like that?

I mean, when big, brolic dudes like 50 Cent walk around with their shirt off, no one says anything bad. He's seen as having "pride".

Why is it the other way around for women?

Discuss.

one of a few things

1. evil "patriarchal" society always blaming things on women
2. she may be seen as a loose woman with no morals
3. she needs to dress so to gain attention, as opposed to getting attention in ways that have to do with her personality

[h3][/h3]
Provacativly
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at your spelling.

But on a more serious note, I think it is because men have a propensity to objectify women, and them being practically half naked does not help. Most womenwant respect from dudes, but it is meaningless if they do not respect themselves.

I never really understood this logic. Like when people say, "How come men are called pimps and women are whores?".

Who ever said being a pimp is a good thing?

Who ever said being a #*%%% is a bad thing?

I wish some of ya'll would go to a country in South America like Argentina, chicks down there all got implants and dont wear bras, where halter tops towork with shorts skirts and it's looked as something normal.

Women who "cover up"/dress conservatively have no self esteem and feel ashamed of themselves, thats why they dress like that?

no, maybe they just don't want to be looked at as a piece of meat because they know they're better than that. if you're dressing like a skeezer,you DO have low self esteem because you need the attention of guys to feel good about yourself.

if i see some girl on the street dressed in practically nothing, i might be aroused but i will have no respect for her as a person. if you want people torespect you as a person, put some real clothes on and stop dressing like a ho

of course i'm not saying girls should always bundle up in sweaters and long skirts. if you're hanging out with a guy you like, nothing wrong withdressing stylish or showing a little skin to get his attention. but don't ALWAYS dress like you're hungry for attention, it's a turnoff.

cuz of good 'ol double standards...

its not right...but unfortunately its the way it is...

nothing to do with double standards. we're just a sexually repressed society with most of it based on religious beliefs.

officer_salute_MarioTama.jpg
country in South America like Argentina, chicks down there all got implants and dont wear bras, where halter tops to work with shorts skirts and it's looked as something normal.

"Why does society constantly criticize Women who dress provocatively?"

I don't, girls should wear what they like and shouldn't be stereotyped. But at the same time I like girls that I don't know dressing like thatbecause its fun to look at but I would hate to see my girl dressed like that. Either way blame the media.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

no, maybe they just don't want to be looked at as a piece of meat because they know they're better than that. if you're dressing like a skeezer, you DO have low self esteem because you need the attention of guys to feel good about yourself.

if i see some girl on the street dressed in practically nothing, i might be aroused but i will have no respect for her as a person. if you want people to respect you as a person, put some real clothes on and stop dressing like a ho

of course i'm not saying girls should always bundle up in sweaters and long skirts. if you're hanging out with a guy you like, nothing wrong with dressing stylish or showing a little skin to get his attention. but don't ALWAYS dress like you're hungry for attention, it's a turnoff.

1233_hand_clapping.gif

Back
Top Bottom