#NT x SXSW 2012. 3/16. LEP Bogus Boys, Thurz, Skeme, Neako, Shawn Chrys.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Lineup is coming along VERY nice. gonna be a damn good show.

Indeed. Gonna top last years for sure.
pimp.gif

^^Its chill, events and free booze damn near everyday. You can walk up and down downtown and run into artist. I never did the badge thing, just went to see who I wanted or just walked to free events
laugh.gif

Some places you can actually watch from outside. I went one year and they were charging to get in when I could see the stage clearly from where I was outside. I saw kid sister, lady sov and some other folks for free. Ran into dom kennedy a few years ago and he was real cool. I miss living in austin. Its a cool event, so many things to do and see. If you have any other questions lmk

2nd time here. I had a good time last year. We are going to be better organized this year, and its going to be a sick **! time.

Who i want to see:
The Roots
Mos Def(Yasiin Bey)
Wu Tang< One of myfriends peeped this while we went to another venue last year

I want to check out some indie and alternative bands also, im probably going to do this by myself.

I'm coming down to work with Rocksmith..

I'm 20 tho, is that gonna be a kick in the nuts?

Wondering if I should look into some new identification..

Speaking of which, Rocksmith is having a HUGE mansion party, definitely come thru and shut it down NT!

WE OUT!

What sites give up the best details as to who is playing and where. The SXSW site is garbage. 

Originally Posted by Chris Wise

Speaking of which, Rocksmith is having a HUGE mansion party, definitely come thru and shut it down NT!

WE OUT!

Yeah, get that ID.

Originally Posted by fundz4

What sites give up the best details as to who is playing and where. The SXSW site is garbage. 

Just wait a few more weeks for unofficial events to start posting their line-ups/RSVPs. 

Originally Posted by KnowledgeTheFoundation

I'm mos def in...

I'm a music producer, what role can I play in this?
Would have been great to have done another mixtape this year but I'm being told no liked those to begin with.

So I won't waste my time.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Chris Wise

WE OUT!
info when you get it young buck.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

fkkk i hated the fader line last year to get my wristband but it was worth the wait.

my 1st time last year i saw everyone i wanted. most hip hop or rap shows are free if not cheap to get into.

side note wear comfortable shoes bruhh a lot of standing haha.

In 2011, a total of 2,098 acts performed at the festival (including 596 non-USA acts from 57 different countries) on over ninety stages in downtown Austin! These bands had the opportunity to play for the 16,000+ festivals attendees and 2,900+ media representatives that attended last year's event.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

What hotels are all yall booking at? (can we get distance and price?)
Good luck bro ... I work @ IDJ, and a lot of our staff are flying out to attend .. You pretty much had to get a hotel about 9 months ago if you wanted something good and close haha ... SXSW housing books out all the hotels in the area, and it's impossible to get anything ... Plus the rates are about $390+ a night

I called around on Friday to see if i could switch her ANYWHERE, and i think the Courtyard Marriott South (Austin) has some rooms open still

try airbnb if you want to look for a chill place to stay. you can rent out someones house or room during the stay of the festival....guarantee you'll like it better.

Originally Posted by The Encore

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

What hotels are all yall booking at? (can we get distance and price?)
Good luck bro ... I work @ IDJ, and a lot of our staff are flying out to attend .. You pretty much had to get a hotel about 9 months ago if you wanted something good and close haha ... SXSW housing books out all the hotels in the area, and it's impossible to get anything ... Plus the rates are about $390+ a night

I called around on Friday to see if i could switch her ANYWHERE, and i think the Courtyard Marriott South (Austin) has some rooms open still

We booked early enough (July) to get a hotel a mile from downtown for a decent price...but in the past we've booked late (2 years ago we booked in Feb, last year in November). The Travelodge on 35 by Highland Mall still had rooms in Feb ($100ish/night) and we found a Days Inn just south last year for about the same price, but we had that booked in November/December. You're going to have to settle for a hotel out of walking distance (likely by Highland Mall or farther out) and try to find a cab.
Cabs are pretty hopeless though. We called and waited 3+ hours for a cab which never showed, and lucked into a different one. They're easier to find to get back to the hotel, but to get downtown during SX is a B.

Yall also might need to just call around.

Not all hotels are listed on these sites.

Best bet is to google Austin hotels and get to calling.

yea, just about everything is booked.. i had to settle for one about 10-15 minutes away from downtown.. barely booked it a week ago, so there are some still available..

Back
Top Bottom