NTers A MUST READ!!, Inside Information

I GREATLY appreciate this post, but...

Let's just cut the crap for one minute here Niketalk...

We are all consumers, and shoe geeks to the 18th degree...

Now, for some reason, everyone is "anti-exclusive info" because everything we need to know for the upcoming 6-8 months has already leaked out.

I STRONGLY assume that, for example, if we didn't know the Is and XII were set to be released and only "insiders" knew, opinions here would be a little different.

Nike needs us. They need the underground buzz. PERIOD. Don't let any representative of Nike tell you different.

They could have done whatever needed to, at the very least, *attempt* to shut us down by now or change the name of the site. However, "they" haven't, even with all the "violations" I've witnessed here in (almost) 4 years as a member of this "non-profit" site. Think about it.

Good posting JM! I agree with 90% of what you have said, and thanks Clog for *finally* a useful/informal post on Niketalk.
"Have you worn your IVs lately?"

Quote:
Good posting JM! I agree with 90% of what you have said, and thanks Clog for *finally* a useful/informal post on Niketalk.

Damn...only 90%????? :lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif

JM

Thats an interesting memo, but Mr. Hill should consult Nike's general counsel, because a lot of that information is incorrect from a legal perspective. Among other things, his definition of "material non-public information" wrong.

:rolleyes
eyes.gif

Maybe they should create some decent products that are worth keeping secret. Around here, the only things selling are retros, and there's nothing secret about them.
"Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.
Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.
Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared."​

"recapussions (sp?). "
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
what are you 9? learn to spell before you come on niketalk little man.
laugh.gif

Ghost Town Mall For Life

that is ONE reason I am not *****ing and moaning like most of the other members on this board "please mister nike person can I see the shoes and blah blah blah blah" these peeks we get here are privilleges and not rights. We are treated to the pics and info...it should not be expected every month. That is one reason I am tired of all these ***** *** lil kids on this forum that act like that.

JM, you are who I thought you were, kinda funny cause I have met you several times there at Lloyd Center. I am the guy who came in about a year ago who had on the samples of the GPs, with the pretty girl. We got in the disscussion about Nike with me, you and your co-worker.
You had a very strong opinion about Nike and I remember you telling me that "Nikes suck".
I always thought that you might have been that guy, finding out you were from Portland and your info on shoes over the past couple of years.

-Cog

they want the pub and fame, it hypes their releases and generates more revenue.

DUH!
ing for Michigan at forward, a 6-9 freshman from Detroit, MI #4 Chris Webber; at forward, a 6-6 freshman from Austin, TX #21 Ray Jackson; at center, a 6-9 freshman from Chicago, IL #25 Juwan Howard; at guard a 6-5 freshman from Plano, TX #24 Jimmy King; and at guard, a 6-8 freshman from Detroit, MI #5 Jalen Rose. They were known as the "Greatest Class Ever Recruited" or simply known as the Fab Five ~ Mitch Albom[

Great post Cog. Wish I was able to comment on it sooner. Maybe we'll see some changes in the general 'pushy' atmosphere around here.

peace
"I think if any man has to put on a front or lie about his stance, his position in life, to others over the internet, he's not being true to himself. He's not a man, and never was one." - CEO InSane

Thanks for the information, great post!
I'm the king of the blacktop hoopin' half-court shots I come correct your stats are wack compared to points that I drop, I play to win and I'm playin' for keeps, I'm keepin' my game tight and fofillin' my hoop dreams. 95-4
04/16/03 - The Game Will Never Be The Same
Blazers21NTNP : The Gallery

Cog,

Though pretty girls are definetley at a premium in the Portland area, I don't recall a specific instance as I have met TONS of Nike people working there

The only person that I know that had GP samples was Michael Hawthorne with the GP Morph's...are you him?

If not, sorry, I don't remember...

Anyway, I came into the shoe game working in Portland with a totally, 100% opened mind, in fact, I think that other than the Shaq Pumps (7th grade) every athletic shoe that I bought up until my freshman year of college was Nike...

Things changed when I put on a FEET YOU WEAR shoe from adidas called the Mercury...I fell in love and found it impossible to believe anyone that woud tell me that ANY Nike shoe could be as comfortable as those...and that is how I began to love the stripes...

Not to mention...ALMOST (and I am saying ALMOST) everyone that came into my store (and let's just say it was a daily occurence for 5 years) that worked for Nike would either...

1. Not even acknowledge my presense...
OR
2. Discount anything I had to say...

With a few noted exceptions (designers, and people that dealt with hoops shoes in general...don't want to drop names here...but, it is funny how the most noteworthy people to this board that work for Nike are also some of the nicest...strange how far you get in life treating people the way you want to be treated...)

This brought me to a point where I felt that the majority of people that worked for Nike felt they were better than other Portlanders...

On the flip-side, people that worked for adidas came to ask my opinion on designs, etc...valued my opinion and the other workers in my store and others at Lloyd Center...seeded us with shoes...put on basketball games and we all around more connected to the community and smaller players in the industry than were the Nike people...

Though the Air Jordan line and foamposite based shoes are the greatest footwear creations ever, IMO...based soley on objective things such as comfort, support, durability, adidas seemed to beat Nike far and away...again, IMO

Anyway...

There you have it...check the sig

JM

Hey JM, No I am not Micheal Hawthorne, that guy is like 50, I am not that old :wink:
wink.gif
I will agree with you that some of the Nike emloyees can be a little....stick up the but, nose hung from a line, and too good to live in Portland so I'll live in nearby mostly white Beaverton. But please keep in mind that Nike employs nearly 40,000 in the Portland area and many come from various parts of the united states, and even globe. Please never generalize based on personal experience, cause there is a lot of good people out there. Certain factors may allow Adi Dasslers employees to spend more time in malls or on rec events in the area, ya know.

I have also been in the industry for about a Half decade, but I am a lifer. I have tried on hundreds of styles of footwear to come to the conclusion that the Nike footscape is the most comfortable shoe ever created...IMO. I could end up working over at Adi U.S. HQ in the coming months, as I only live about 2 minuets away in north Portland. I only things I have ever held against their company was the fact that they produced the Boots for the Nazis, not that it would have been in the best intrest not to, but they are a German company. I do not hold anything against Germans, as it is in my ancestry, but I would much rather support a United States co, and Portland to boot.
The other thing is Design, while over the past couple of years they are doing better, I get frustrated seeing similarities with things like shox and A3, presto and clima cool, ect. I do very much appreciate Adidas because they help push the indusrty and give variety to stores. But I wonder why they think of playing catch up, instead of innovational design and material. Maybe they do and I just miss it but we'll see. Glad to have the insight into the way you see things JM. Talk to you later.

-Cog

Back
Top Bottom