NTers who lease their whips? Vol: new whip every 3 years

You can do everything right with a car and problems still happen, it's life. If he got to 9 years without problems that's great.

What year TL? I have an 07 Type S and have NEVER heard of someone having that many issues on the 3G TL.

07. He has the standard TL.

He's been taking it to the dealer for EVERYTHING up until about 6 months ago when he figured out they either overcharged him or charged him for some work they didn't do.

Either way, the problems started about 2ish yrs ago.

He might've just gotten a bad Apple from the batch. Its unfortunate but it happens.

Just did my first lease last week. Think I'll do it from now on, don't see the need to own a car, I'd rather use it and not take that huge hit when I want something new which seems to be just around that 3 year mark. Key is shopping around and looking for those $0 down $0 due at signing deals. And pretty much every lease now has an option to purchase at the end if you want.
How much did you put down? Thinking of leasing a BMW in a month or so. 

Also keeps in mind the value of being in a nice/newer car. For some that value is nonexistent, for me it means a lot. 

Last edited:
How much did you put down? Thinking of leasing a BMW in a month or so. 

Also keeps in mind the value of being in a nice/newer car. For some that value is nonexistent, for me it means a lot. 

I didn't put anything down. It was a 2016 Volt, MSRP of 35k, there's a federal incentive that amounts to 7500 for electric vehicles so if you finance instead of lease, you can get that back on your taxes. But in my case part of the 7500 was split between money off the sticker price (4450) and the rest applied to the residual value at the end.

It ended up after taxes and stuff to be around 29.5. 12k mi/yr I'm leasing for $365/3 years. Still have yet to use any gas plus I get a 1500 check from the state of CA for an EV.

Think I'll continue to do electric cars as long as I'm in California, for environmental and infrastructure reasons on top of all the money I'm saving on fuel.

The best car deals to be had are the ones the banks try to liquidate after they repo because people did not live within their means

Please believe :smokin

How does one obtain this info?

That's how I got my current car, they sell them at car auctions. The one in my area is called Manheim Auto Auctions, I'm sure Google will tell you where the one in your area is.

That's how I got my current car, they sell them at car auctions. The one in my area is called Manheim Auto Auctions, I'm sure Google will tell you where the one in your area is.

Yeah Manheim and Adessa. Also IAAI if you know cars more indepth.

maintenance is key.

I have my 2011 Sonata for 3 years and no problems yet *knocks on wood*

Does anyone know of sites that break down the most effective way to negotiate a lease?  I know I can get it down quite a bit but I had previously seen a site which went into specifics about negotiating the price first, knowing details like the residual and money factor, etc.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Does anyone know of sites that break down the most effective way to negotiate a lease?  I know I can get it down quite a bit but I had previously seen a site which went into specifics about negotiating the price first, knowing details like the residual and money factor, etc.

Leaseguide.com

http://leasehackr.com  has some good information.

Last edited:
Now here's what I learned while working at a dealership as a service writer. The salesmen all said leasing is a better deal you constantly get a new car and will usually return it right before you would have to start getting into the expensive service periods. It's less to worry about and you can always keep the car in the end. At this point you could finance the remainder depending on options. However all the service writers and mechanics said finance because they liked the idea of being the first owner, they can be sure the car was properly serviced, and not beaten. I got the impression they would be keeping the car long term though or possibly mod it.

thoughts

Bump. 

Can you end a lease early and return the car with minimal fees? Because my leasing company won't let me return the car with just paying the remaining balance and some other stuff. They're saying I have to honor the remaining months too.

brand new whips are for rich people. NO car is worth the price they ask for it. 

not true, some people like having manufacturer warranty and da ability to customize it out da dealership before they take a delivery.

leasing is dumb IMO unless u writing it off on ur taxes, then its fabulous.

My uncle whos a car salesman told me that it's. Better to lease ..Is it true
Situational

I leased my car and I wish I didn't now. But in other situations it makes more sense. It's much better than it used to be but a lot of people will talk down on it because they don't know.

why you wish you didn't?

I leased my last 3 cars now. Think I'll do one more lease and then settle down and buy a car :lol:

not true, some people like having manufacturer warranty and da ability to customize it out da dealership before they take a delivery.

They may like it doesn't mean they can really afford it

Not leasing is dumb.
i have ZERO desire to keep a car that's more than 5 yrs old.
Just not dealing with it.

Generally leases exist because people are impulsive. Not only in wanting to swap cars but also in getting their car to begin with.

I'm a "car guy" to an extent so when new cars or features come out they usually catch my eye. But my way to counter the temptation was to wait and buy a car that I really wanted and knew would be happy to drive for a while (already had it for 4 yrs, prob will go for another 4 at least). My advantage is I commute by metro so mileage stays really low and it makes it a lot harder to get bored of driving it. That and its one of the last 4-doors available in 6MT

Back
Top Bottom