NTers Who Live Alone Check In

Originally Posted by its IcharlesI

i live with my fammmm =]

tired.gif
same.

aside from the struggles of rent/mortgage very chill and relaxing, lots of alone time...sometimes maybe to much that you feel you lose your mind from the alonetime.

Living alone would have some good things about it and some bad things.
Like me personally i wouldn't want to live alone,
because i would feel mad lonely

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

you can't put a value on the ME time folks...I love my parents to death but there are things they not tolerating in their home.

Having company was always an issue, but you can have them over whenever in your own place.

Just figure out your financial picture and determine if you can pull it. Don't strain yourself cause you will be miserable.

Alot of times you don't even have to go out cause a woman will always come through to a guy's place when it is really his.

how old are you?

28, moved out at 25

dude has been living on his own in this place for a year which I think kind of explains it

-he kinds of acts like it's "his house" that I live in so he always moves my stuff and doesn't tell me where he puts it until I ask, like"oh yeah I put you're shaving cream in the kitchen cabinet because I needed room for my acne meds"
-he takes the bills strait from the mailbox to his room and never brings them up until my half of the payment is past due, I've asked dude to stop doingthis multiple times and he doesn't get why
-going in and out of my room as he pleases. The internet router is set up in my room and I came home one day to find all my %*%% rearranged because he thoughtit something with the configuration of my room was the reason our internet connection was $+%*+*.
-just basically giving out my food and beer to his friends because he assumes we're "cool like that"

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

you can't put a value on the ME time folks...I love my parents to death but there are things they not tolerating in their home.

Having company was always an issue, but you can have them over whenever in your own place.

Just figure out your financial picture and determine if you can pull it. Don't strain yourself cause you will be miserable.

Alot of times you don't even have to go out cause a woman will always come through to a guy's place when it is really his.

how old are you?

28, moved out at 25

ok, im 25 right now. Hopefully I'll be able to move out within the next 6-12 months.

TimelessFlight, you're good on time. I gotta cousin that made 30 this year and still live at home FTL

I lived with 3 other roommates this year in college. And will be living by myself in August.

The Pros for me (presumably of course since I haven't moved in yet)
- My new places will be closer to campus
- I won't have to deal with roommates being loud, disrupting my studies, causing extra mess, invading my personal space)
- Everything is mine and I only have to pick up after myself.

Cons
- Far more expensive, at least around me that is, I'll be paying a couple hundred extra a month
- Less interaction on a daily basis, could be lonelier with no friends around
- Could get boring.

I'm looking forward to it personally, hopefully I'll be able to become more focused on school and improve myself with less distraction. I'm sureI'll get lonely at times, but coming home to a clean place with no annoying roommates to bug me will be nice
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by vctry20

Looks like it has a huge upside, I just hate coming home from a long day of class or work and seeing one of my roommates buddies drinking my last beer, or having music blasting in the house when all I want is to just kick back and enjoy the silence for an hour or 2.
just one of the reasons i wanna live by myself......

I've lived by myself in my mom's old house for nearly two years now. It's nice to be able to live at my own convenience. I imagine having aroommate around all the time could become horrendous. I have to admit that it does get lonely if I'm here too long by myself, but I tend to go to littlecafes or the mall and stuff to pass time and make small talk.

Originally Posted by RECOGNIZE GAME

aside from the struggles of rent/mortgage very chill and relaxing, lots of alone time...sometimes maybe to much that you feel you lose your mind from the alone
time.

OD

it aint even close to how bad you puttin it.. i have people come through a lot so maybe its different.........

i love being on my own, its the best.

but there are times i wish i had a roommate. im moving in with someone in 5 weeks. its gonna be weird, but yea.. living on your own = great.

Back
Top Bottom