NTers with IT / Computer knowledge.... I suddenly cant view pics and vids....

Sometime yesterday, i noticed a lot more jpgs werent showing up when i was browsing online (But only SOME jpgs. Some would show, some wouldnt).  Then i noticed youtube vids wouldnt play either. They'll buffer completely but wont play. 
Im on a PC. Im using Chrome as my browser. But i tried IE and Firefox as well, with the same results.

Anyone have any ideas? (i did a quick google search but came up empty)

Sometime yesterday, i noticed a lot more jpgs werent showing up when i was browsing online (But only SOME jpgs. Some would show, some wouldnt).  Then i noticed youtube vids wouldnt play either. They'll buffer completely but wont play. 
Im on a PC. Im using Chrome as my browser. But i tried IE and Firefox as well, with the same results.

Anyone have any ideas? (i did a quick google search but came up empty)

you might have got the aids that NT was passing around....

are you using any ad or javascript blockers?

you might have got the aids that NT was passing around....

are you using any ad or javascript blockers?

Sonofa.... Im running AVG. Im at work so im not sure what else may be running behind the scenes.

Sonofa.... Im running AVG. Im at work so im not sure what else may be running behind the scenes.

How does one go about eliminating this computer AIDS?
SMH at the irony of coming to NT for help on this, when its probably NT thats responsible for this nonsense.

How does one go about eliminating this computer AIDS?
SMH at the irony of coming to NT for help on this, when its probably NT thats responsible for this nonsense.

Well first have you downloading or installed any new software recently? You can try doing a system restore which can be found under Accessories > System Tools and if you have a restore check point that is dated before this problem occurred you can try that.

Well first have you downloading or installed any new software recently? You can try doing a system restore which can be found under Accessories > System Tools and if you have a restore check point that is dated before this problem occurred you can try that.

I havent installed any new software recently, although this morning i did install some updates. (though, like i said, the problem started yesterday before i had done any updates)

Im really trying to avoid a system restore at this point as well. Are there any other options youre aware of?

I appreciate the help.
EDIT: That box is already checked in Firefox. Like i said though, this problem has been happening in all browsers. 

I havent installed any new software recently, although this morning i did install some updates. (though, like i said, the problem started yesterday before i had done any updates)

Im really trying to avoid a system restore at this point as well. Are there any other options youre aware of?

I appreciate the help.
EDIT: That box is already checked in Firefox. Like i said though, this problem has been happening in all browsers. 

Originally Posted by oo206oo

I appreciate the help.

System Restore wont mess with any documents or other files only system files its pretty safe if thats why you dont want to do it. It honestly sounds though that it is a network issue since. Try resetting the router and modem and see if anything changes.

I appreciate the help.

System Restore wont mess with any documents or other files only system files its pretty safe if thats why you dont want to do it. It honestly sounds though that it is a network issue since. Try resetting the router and modem and see if anything changes.

It's your computer at work?
Mine does the same thing, but that's because they block a lot of stuff. Like images from tinypic etc...are blocked, same for videos from youtube

Mine does the same thing, but that's because they block a lot of stuff. Like images from tinypic etc...are blocked, same for videos from youtube

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

I appreciate the help.

You may be right. I just tried a youtube video on a co-workers computer and got the same result. I cant really reset anything from my end, id have to talk to the IT guy. Not quite sure how to explain to him that i need him to fix my computer so that i can watch the new Epic Meal Time video, lol. 

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

I appreciate the help.

You may be right. I just tried a youtube video on a co-workers computer and got the same result. I cant really reset anything from my end, id have to talk to the IT guy. Not quite sure how to explain to him that i need him to fix my computer so that i can watch the new Epic Meal Time video, lol. 

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Our IT guy very well could've changed some settings (youtube has never been an issue before). But whats weird is that, for example, when browsing reddit i can view some images hosted on imgur but other times i cant. Thats whats confusing the hell outta me.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Our IT guy very well could've changed some settings (youtube has never been an issue before). But whats weird is that, for example, when browsing reddit i can view some images hosted on imgur but other times i cant. Thats whats confusing the hell outta me.

yea good news...it doesnt sound like the nt aids...

Not quite sure how to explain to him that i need him to fix my computer so that i can watch the new Epic Meal Time video, lol.
roll.gif
def a good way to have him start monitoring your computer usage

Back
Top Bottom