NTers with knowledge on car insurance

To make it short I was involved in a car accident, the other driver was 100% at fault. The other driver did not have car insurance so we are trying to collect through our insurance. My
car was a beater so we only had liability. I was hurt in the accident and spent 5 days in the hospital, bills are over $100,000 but since I have health insurance they really are at $5,000. 

We had uninsured underinsured insurance coverage of 15,000/30,000 limit. What exactly do those numbers mean and how much am I looking to get? 

The first number 15,000 is the most that one party can collect on your policy per claim, the second number 30,000 is the most the policy will pay out total for a claim...after that it's on you if someone comes after you(which won't be the case since you said other person is 100% at fault) so basically if you file under um, the most you can get is 15k. Hopefully that covers you're whip.

Originally Posted by frst b0rn

The first number 15,000 is the most that one party can collect on your policy per claim, the second number 30,000 is the most the policy will pay out total for a claim...after that it's on you if someone comes after you(which won't be the case since you said other person is 100% at fault) so basically if you file under um, the most you can get is 15k. Hopefully that covers you're whip.

the second number is the most the policy will pay out total for a claim, so what does that mean? I'm sorry I just want to make sure I get the most I can, been researching but it's confusing for me. 
And to K Town Trash I had a fractured neck, rib several lacerations on the left side of my chest and left arm. The car was totaled it was a 95 civic so it was worth less than 4000 that's why i only had 

liability. I spent a weekend there and they don't discharge people on the weekends since doctors aren't there to sign off at least that's what they told me. I was airlifted to the hospital, they thought 

I might have had more serious internal injuries. The scene of the accident was pretty bad. 

Back
Top Bottom