NTers Without a Major Sports Team In Your City??????

My city has won chips but not recently. We've actually sucked a lot but I couldn't love them anymore. Does it suck as bad as I think or do you just root for what ever teams closest? Or do you root for the big market teams like Lakers, Yanks, Steelers? Always wondered this.

I've always wondered if there were S&T posters from states like Montana, Wyoming, Dakotas, etc.

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

My city has won chips but not recently. We've actually sucked a lot but I couldn't love them anymore. Does it suck as bad as I think or do you just root for what ever teams closest? Or do you root for the big market teams like Lakers, Yanks, Steelers? Always wondered this.

2009 isnt recently? 
laugh.gif

And people wonder why most of the country hates Laker fans.

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

^ But I'm from Cincinnati
eyes.gif

i thought you meant a major sports team in ANY sport...because you guys do have the Bengals
but I'm from Pittsburgh, and I've always wanted a basketball team, but it wouldnt mesh well with the demographic.  Football and hockey are king here

I had wondered the same thing, but sort of assumed they would just gravitate towards whoever the most successful/popular franchise is. Have two best friends
from Little Rock, one is a massive hysterical Lakers fan, and also Titans fan, and the other is a Colts & Spurs fan. Makes for some interesting gamedays
laugh.gif

@solarius49 I would think that if Pittsburgh had a bball team, they would really get behind them, cause that's a very loyal fanbase. I'm sure a Philly vs Pitt rivalry
would be something to pretty big too

I'm from a smaller city in Canada that recently got another NHL team (sig check) so that has been really awesome

I've been an Eagles fan for as long as I can remember and while watching baseball I've always liked St. Louis.

Basketball is different, because there is no local team for me to cheer for (Minnesota would be the closest but it's still an 8 hour drive so it's really not that close) I've always cheered more so for the teams that my favourite players were on. So I've followed Phoenix cause of Steve Nash and Miami because even after everything I'm still a fan of LeBron and I always liked Bosh since his days with the Raptors

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I had wondered the same thing, but sort of assumed they would just gravitate towards whoever the most successful/popular franchise is. Have two best friends
from Little Rock, one is a massive hysterical Lakers fan, and also Titans fan, and the other is a Colts & Spurs fan. Makes for some interesting gamedays
laugh.gif

@solarius49 I would think that if Pittsburgh had a bball team, they would really get behind them, cause that's a very loyal fanbase. I'm sure a Philly vs Pitt rivalry
would be something to pretty big too

Maybe, but Pitt vs Cleveland is the marquee matchup every year, even with the Browns being terrible, mostly because we are like 30 minutes apart.  Hopefully we can dump the Pirates and get some basketball!

I always think about Alabama since they care so much about football yet don't have a team, they got college ball but still

Closest thing to me is Sacramento Kings.

I root for Kings/Warriors in basketball, San Francisco Giants in Baseball, and in football...

....wait for it

DALLAS COWBOYS
pimp.gif
Yup I was a front runner as a 6 year old
laugh.gif
loved em ever since

Originally Posted by rmK

DALLAS COWBOYS
pimp.gif
Yup I was a front runner as a 6 year old
laugh.gif
loved em ever since
At least you admit it
laugh.gif

Yeah we don't have any teams up in the AK.
laugh.gif

In general, there seems to be large support for the Seattle Mariners, Seahawks and Sonics (when they were there
30t6p3b.gif
)

It's safe to say that everyone has different teams that they root for.

My favorite teams since childhood are the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, and the Carolina Panthers.

For basketball growing up I rooted heavily for the L.A. Lakers, but now I mostly root for Kobe. For the NBA, I root for the players mostly.

Don't have any pro teams in my city, all I got is Florida State. For the pro teams, its pretty much the players I like, I root for that particular team.

Originally Posted by M4rioL

I always think about Alabama since they care so much about football yet don't have a team, they got college ball but still
I've noticed that football fans from deep southern states with no pro franchises will either root for the Cowboys, Saints, or Titans, in that order.

we only have a hockey team up here, so i root for them

for the other sports, im a raptors, blue jays fan. the canadian thing mostly, not toronto. not at all a leafs fan tho
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom