NTLKers in college, how much are you currently shelling out for your education...

Im paying 1300 this semester... usually its 1800 a semester at the CC im at now... All out of pocket to
smh.gif

When I transfer to the 4 year itll be like 2200 a semester

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'm curious because my school is considering a tuition increase and it's not sitting well with many students--myself included. [/color]

The University of Connecticut's chief financial officer, Richard D.Gray, is recommending an increase of about 6.3 percent in tuition, roomand board for the 2010-11 academic year.

If the university'sboard of trustees adopts Gray's proposal at its meeting next week, itwould mean that in-state students would pay an additional $1,228 fortuition, room, board and fees while out-of-state students would pay anextra $2,212.

Currently, in-state students are paying $19,788for tuition, room, board and fees; next year, that expense would riseto $21,016 under this proposal. For out-of-state students, the expensewould go from $35,388 this year to $37,600 next year.

This really blows because I took an academic sabbatical for the current school year due to a lack in finances; this is after they increased tuition by 6% last year. Now I'm finding out that it's going to cost me even more when I head back...
mad.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif
smh.gif

Anyway, I'm curious to know what others are paying at their schools. Additionally, have your schools increased their respective tuition rates in light of the current state of the national economy?

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

Im paying 1300 this semester... usually its 1800 a semester at the CC im at now... All out of pocket to
smh.gif

When I transfer to the 4 year itll be like 2200 a semester

%** how much do your units cost?

my cc my tuition is $26 a unit (~$400) per semester + another $100-$150 for books

and i'm in california
laugh.gif

I go to Illinois, and we have a locked in rate from our freshman year, for four years.  Every following year though gets like a 9% increase though

around 20 a year for instate (MA)

never understood how public universities are considered "affordable education" when damn near everyone leaves with debt

Currently at a CUNY, $5000 a year + about $4000 for my share apt. so a total of $9000

Transferring to a SUNY with dorms in a year and that would be only $1000-ishh more.

Don't get any Financial Aid...

(in-state)

at a cc.
bog waiver which covers all my classes and fees.
free books by walking in and out of the library
and living at home with the pops for free
+ 2g's a semester that goes straight to me
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

School tuition is about 35k a year. Receiving the following per year

So you're getting a ~5K refund check for the year...

mad.gif
(yes, I'm salty)

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

School tuition is about 35k a year. Receiving the following per year

So you're getting a ~5K refund check for the year...

mad.gif
(yes, I'm salty)

The only money I get back is the FL Academic Scholars stuff. FRAG is tuition only, and my college subtracts that from total tuition cost when they give me my scholly in order to save them some money. I get roughly 4k a year, more/less depending on the credits being taken.

You have no idea how thankful I am... So many times a day I just look around me on campus and just wonder how the *@$( I'm there
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom