#NTNurses RNs (Registered Nurses)/Student Nurses Of NikeTalk Official Thread.

those who do nursing for the money are easy to spot.. the ones who actually do it cause they are passionate for helping folks.. it shows in the quality of care.

Agreed.

Whenever you encounter one of those genuine selfless individuals who are just full of caring and kindness you can't help but feel like a piece of **** :lol:

A lot of us actually calculate the time and pay so we wouldn't get bumped up to the next tax bracket. :lol:

My co-worker starts calling in sick when he get's too close. :lol:

-Drew

Wait. What? I wonder what kind of institution this is because I'm more familiar with places that will write you up for calling off more than once in 31 days.

A lot of us actually calculate the time and pay so we wouldn't get bumped up to the next tax bracket.
laugh.gif

My co-worker starts calling in sick when he get's too close.
laugh.gif

-Drew
Wait. What? I wonder what kind of institution this is because I'm more familiar with places that will write you up for calling off more than once in 31 days.
you can call out as much as you want in a month here but if you pass 9 call outs in a year then r.i.p. 

also get 9 late occurrences but if it's within 15 mins it's only 1/2 ......think if you leave "sick" after you work 4 hours it's 1/2 an occurrence too 

you will get wrote up + 2 occurrences if you call out during a snow storm

Last edited:
A lot of us actually calculate the time and pay so we wouldn't get bumped up to the next tax bracket. :lol:

My co-worker starts calling in sick when he get's too close. :lol:

-Drew

Lincoln. :lol:

-Drew

Anybody have experience in Georgia Licensure? They say it takes 4-6 weeks. I'm on my 5th week. This is for OT by the way. Licensure process only took a week for Florida. I'm in ATL just waiting on that thing to clear..

Anybody have experience in Georgia Licensure? They say it takes 4-6 weeks. I'm on my 5th week. This is for OT by the way. Licensure process only took a week for Florida. I'm in ATL just waiting on that thing to clear..

Can't you call the DOH and ask for your license #? They could have it but just not post it yet. For whatever reason it's fast here in Florida took 2 days for my RN license to post.

Can't you call the DOH and ask for your license #? They could have it but just not post it yet. For whatever reason it's fast here in Florida took 2 days for my RN license to post.
I may try that. It looks like the only thing they gotta do is the board review judging by the checklist thing. I wonder why it takes so long for GA?

I actually just called the GA State Boards. Next board meeting is not until May 15th. But they do have teleconference meeting in between that date. It's been a month. Sigh..

Last edited:
Graduation day was yesterday for me. Felt good to walk across that stage, felt even better to sleep in this morning knowing I had no work to turn in lol

Good luck if your'e in finals mode and a huge congrats to all those who will graduate this semester.

#NTNURSES we made it!

Graduation day was yesterday for me. Felt good to walk across that stage, felt even better to sleep in this morning knowing I had no work to turn in lol

Good luck if your'e in finals mode and a huge congrats to all those who will graduate this semester.

#NTNURSES we made it!

Congrats man :smokin i hope you get to enjoy that sleep.

Last edited:

#NTNURSES we made it!

Congrats my NT brotha , flourish !

Finals Week is here or near for us..... Good luck fellas!

Stay focused, determined, and blessed fellas! You're all going to make it! just put the time in. :smokin

#NTNURSES we made it!

Congratulations, brother! Good to have you with the #NTNurses. :nthat:
I remember that feeling all too well. Cloud nine status. :smokin

Passed my finals last week! 3rd semester here I come!!

Keep goin'. (*Hov voice) :smokin
You on the right path, bro!

-Drew

Last edited:
In my second semester of my first year, I have my final on Thursday. then I'm off...for a week until microbio starts :smh:

Just started up work as a dialysis nurse this year, its super chill if you're about that life.

Just started up work as a dialysis nurse this year, its super chill if you're about that life.

Chronic or acutes? I've been a tech for Davita for 3 years (Chronic).

Looking into staying with them as an RN after I take boards in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Yeah I heard its a plush job, cats stay on their phones during dialysis at bed side and they can make their own schedules...cats I know go into different hospitals and work like 5 hours and get paid for a full 8.

Is there no stigma with being a nurse? Like when you go to the bar/club/wherever and a girl asks what you do, do you straight up proudly say "i'm a nurse"....or??

Chronic or acutes? I've been a tech for Davita for 3 years (Chronic).

Looking into staying with them as an RN after I take boards in a few weeks.
Chronics, currently working for Davita. All for one... 
laugh.gif
. The only different skill is catheters, and they're pretty easy. Seems like they really reward their employees and hire within, so you're in good shape.
Yeah I heard its a plush job, cats stay on their phones during dialysis at bed side and they can make their own schedules...cats I know go into different hospitals and work like 5 hours and get paid for a full 8.
I'm working chronics, but when all patients' are on there's nothing really to do so you can go on 1 hour+ breaks on "easy" days. Play music, if something goes down, you call 911. You can really hustle if you are quick with acutes because it depends on how many you can get done.
Is there no stigma with being a nurse? Like when you go to the bar/club/wherever and a girl asks what you do, do you straight up proudly say "i'm a nurse"....or??
There is a stigma, but I don't think females care that much about it, probably more males (from my experience). I proudly say it. I've saved lives directly and helped save a lot of lives indirectly. I work in a low income area and provide a skill that only a few can. Make a solid income as well. If we're going around asking what everyone does: "I'm a registered nurse, I work in dialysis, clean out peoples blood" is usually what I say.

I usually get compliments and questions from the ladies when they find out I graduated as a nurse. :wow:

Every time I wear my college program hoodie, it's a straight out ice breaker.

-Drew

Yeah I don't see the stigma. If anything most women's antennas go up once they find out.

I really don't see why anyone of em wld trip when they know full well when they go in an ER or icu that's all they see. Most people nowadays have been in one or the other unless we talking middle school and lower.

That's good. It is nice to see that people in general are respectful/appreciate what you do. In my little bubble (Silicon Valley), the income inequality has a lot of people acting some sort of way about work. People are super nice in general, but very judgemental about people's professions.

Happy nurses week #NTnurses fam. Go get your free Cinnabon.

Been on the floor by myself for a month now on a med surg telemetry floor and I'm still learning everyday. I wanted ICU or ER but honestly med surg has really helped me become comfortable in the medical setting. At the end of the day it's still a great feeling to help someone out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom