#NTNurses RNs (Registered Nurses)/Student Nurses Of NikeTalk Official Thread.

^study a little bit at a time. If you plan on cramming then good luck with that. It does work for some people but definitely not for me. I felt guilty even after just wasting 2 hours of my day when I could have been studying the bacteria, viruses, etc. Most likely your professor is going to go over the Kreb's cycle again. This will be your best friend.

https://www.khanacademy.org/science...e-citric-acid-cycle/v/krebs-citric-acid-cycle

DON'T get behind I can't stress that enough. People like to ***** and moan about their professors giving too much work, but at the end of the day, how badly do you want this?

Does your state offer quick results? If not i would wait for official results.. sooo many ppl have tried the pearson vue trick to only be tricked... just be patient and pray to god to remove whatever anxiety you have now.. go drink a beer and get some hotwings..

Yea we have results, 48 hours. I'm not stressing.

I'm about to tailgate then watch Rutgers knock Penn state out of the playoff hunt.

If you had a good number of click all that apply questions, I'd say you should be good

Bros. took the nclex today. It shut off in 75. Did I cook?
How confident did you feel walking out of it?  How difficult were your questions?

I passed in 75 but was convinced that I failed.  The problem was my perception of my performance was skewed by the fact that I had so many difficult questions (ex. a ton of select all that apply questions, questions about immunosuppressant/chemo drugs, etc.), which was indicative that I was answering a lot of higher-level questions correctly.  

In order to fail in 75 questions, you would have to **** up REALLY badly.  If the computer cut you off at 75 and you failed, that would mean that you did such a bad job that the computer had determined that there was no chance for you to pass even if you were given more questions.  

Last edited:
assuming its the same computer test(diff questons of course) that EMT'S/Paramedics take...

Did you know the answer to the last question? If you know you got it wrong you most likely failed, if you answered correctly, you good

Last edited:
Does your state offer quick results? If not i would wait for official results.. sooo many ppl have tried the pearson vue trick to only be tricked... just be patient and pray to god to remove whatever anxiety you have now.. go drink a beer and get some hotwings..

I was convinced I failed and tried the trick. Result suggested I passed and I got official word I passed about 3 days later

I don't know anyone who failed after the test shut down 75 questions in. Chances are you passed,

Last edited:
Did you guys try to re-register for the NCLEX. If it doesn't allow you, it means you passed the exam. Not sure if the trick still works

Bros. took the nclex today. It shut off in 75. Did I cook?

You either cooked or got cooked. Do the c card trick after the first 24 hrs...

Side note: the boards are becoming more lenient. Know someone who just got a dui last May and still got an Att [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Last edited:
its crazy i just reached 6 months on the floor as an RN. tbh still feels like im faking it til i make it. if i can make it this far, you dudes can make it too!

its crazy i just reached 6 months on the floor as an RN. tbh still feels like im faking it til i make it. if i can make it this far, you dudes can make it too!
The best thing with working in medicine is that you never stop learning.  You feel like you're out of place and you don't know anything when you first start out, but little by little you hone your skills and pick up new knowledge along the way.  The amount I've learned in my 14 months of being an RN is immeasurable. Very grateful for the MDs, NPs/PAs, senior RNs, and experienced LPNs that have guided me along the way.  

Congrats to all the new RNs out there who passed!
nthat.gif

My second, going on third year as an RN:

Went up 7$/hr from when I started

Charge RN

Get calls/emails weekly about traveling positions or from recruiters

After you get your feet wet and get your experience in there, pursue the best you can do for yourself and your families. There's still a huge demand for us nurses

The best thing with working in medicine is that you never stop learning.  You feel like you're out of place and you don't know anything when you first start out, but little by little you hone your skills and pick up new knowledge along the way.  The amount I've learned in my 14 months of being an RN is immeasurable. Very grateful for the MDs, NPs/PAs, senior RNs, and experienced LPNs that have guided me along the way.  
That's also a big part of what drew me to nursing. I wish I could continue my nursing education but unfortunately I doubt that'll ever be possible again with my illness. I still get to spend quite a bit of time around medicine, just as a patient this time instead of a nursing student 
laugh.gif

After 3 years of practicing as a med/surg RN, I've decided to go back to school and get my bachelors degree. I've applied to 2 schools and if I get into either, i'll start next fall.
Getting my bachelors was always a goal i had in mind, but being in the bay area it makes me way more marketable to hospitals. I definitely wasnt ever the best student.
not looking forward to having to study, research and write papers again. :x :x

A lot of the hospitals are going "magnet" status, only accepting BSN nurses. BSN is the way to go

Just checking in guys. I'm still working 2 jobs but my part time one is cake walk in palliative care. I'm an oncology nurse full time. I plan on starting my masters in care mgmt in January. Wanted to do informatics but I don't have a background in computers and when I had the meeting at NYU the director of the informatics said about liking people with technology background. I looked at her confused, it's a nursing program!

Last edited:
The thing that worries me about being a nurse is when a patient asks me a question and I don't know the answer to it lmao.

The thing that worries me about being a nurse is when a patient asks me a question and I don't know the answer to it lmao.

Even worse, got a pt that keeps questioning everything about their care, not because they're curious about themselves, but they're trying to test everyone. This pt is definitely in the medical field, but is trying to play it off like they're clueless. Don't even know how to describe it, it's so obvious, corny and annoying.

Last edited:
Respiratory therapist have a great deal of responsibilty, its more than emergent sitautions.. They help set up ventilators, assist nurses in weening pts off the ventialtors when orders are in.. They primarily start breathing treatments, they draw blood(arterial blood gases), I think job stability is there too.

It's a lot of tough work especially in trauma 1 center - unconscious gsw's, cardiac arrests, respiratory arrests etc

Even worse, got a pt that keeps questioning everything about their care, not because they're curious about themselves, but they're trying to test everyone. This pt is definitely in the medical field, but is trying to play it off like they're clueless. Don't even know how to describe it, it's so obvious, corny and annoying.

Not gonna lie I did that one time, only because the doctor was honestly the bottom of the barrel didn't give a **** about anyone. The nurse was also rude to me while I was being nice so I decided to give a taste of her own medicine 8) . But yeah they gave me an antibiotic that I didn't need without addressing the cause of my symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom