NT's Fatherless Children

I was talking to a friend who told me that her brother who had a son refused to get to know him and he justified this by saying "why should my son get to know me or have me in his life, when my father didn't want to be apart of mine?"

Knowing how it feels to grow up without one of your parents could you inflict that pain onto your child out of spite from your own past?

My dad wasn't around and I turned out fine. But I'm definitely gonna be there in my son's, or daughter's (God forbid), life.

Im guessing your friend is/was a teen father, sounds like such a juvenile statement. Dude sounds like a spiteful broad

smh.gif
that's just terrible.

My father wasn't around me for a majority of my childhood. For some of that, he wasn't helping either.

I'll be damned if I ever do the same to my children.

Originally Posted by iBlink

My dad wasn't around and I turned out fine. But I'm definitely gonna be there in my son's, or daughter' (God forbid), life.
same here

Originally Posted by hennySMASH

Im guessing your friend is/was a teen father, sounds like such a juvenile statement. Dude sounds like a spiteful broad

you guessed right.

still i think that's a terrible excuse for not owning up to your responsibilities.

I feel sorry for that kid. His father sounds like an idiot who is obviously not ready for fatherhood.

Originally Posted by soltheman

My father wasn't around me for a majority of my childhood. For some of that, he wasn't helping either.

I'll be damned if I ever do the same to my children.

My pops not bein there is the reason why I am gon be there for my daughter no matter what. I'm sure yall seen the commercial where the one Black dad is jumpin rope w/ his daughter, that's gon be me and aint gon care who judges me.

I'll be there for my kids. My dad was around... sometimes... but without getting into details he could have done, or even tried to do so much more.

Originally Posted by dunks87

you guessed right.

still i think that's a terrible excuse for not owning up to your responsibilities.
i hope you're in your boys ear, being a voice of reason

Father left when I was 2, Mother left when I was 15. Needless to say, It made me the man I am today. When I have a child I will always be there for him.

I was talking to a friend who told me that her brother who had a son refused to get to know him and he justified this by saying "why should my son get to know me or have me in his life, when my father didn't want to be apart of mine?"

Knowing how it feels to grow up without one of your parents could you inflict that pain onto your child out of spite from your own past?
Anyone who seriously follows this logic is an idiot.

I usually hear the opposite from my friends who grew up with no fathers. "I'm going to be in my child's life because my father was not in mine".

I wouldn't call myself fatherless, but my dad was not a part of most of my life.....momma dukes did a fantastic job alone.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Is this a serious question?

Anybody that says "yes" to this, deserves a mud hold stomped in them.

I haven't seen my "Dad" in over a decade and it really messed my younger days up.

I don't plan on having kids but if I do, I'll be the GOAT of Dad's, guaranteed.

My pops was murdered when I was young.I can remember only little about him but they where all good memories.Im 21 now and I turned out great imo.I'd never do that.

I couldn't leave my child regardless of the circumstances. My father not being there for me left me with the feeling that I would never want my child to feel. Talk to your friend and tell him to man up, and think of the positive things to come from being in his childs life.

yeah i grew up without a father and mom... sometimes my mom would come to visit but i always stayed with my grandma... my pops lived in another state... long story short... im doing fine now.... 2 cars, brand new house, 2 beautiful kids...

you guessed right.

i hope you're in your boys ear, being a voice of reason

i've never met her brother, he lives in another state. but she has spoken with him but he's stubborn and refuses to change.

Back
Top Bottom