NT's favorite whipping boy dropped one of his best tapes 4 years ago today

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Great mixtape.

And Wale hasn't changed his style after he got on MMG as much as y'all think, if anything Meek sold out....

While I do agree that Wale hasnt changed his style up much except dumbing down a lil n using more mainstream type beats, I DONT agree that Meek sold out. Dude has ALWAYS rapped the way he does way before Ross signed him n I should know since dude was HUGE around my way before MMG

dang 4 years already i use to play this everyday about to listen to it on the way to school next week 

Can somebody put me on to any songs from this tape?

I used to bump his stuff from paint a picture to 100 miles... but never got into anything after that.

I heard this was a good tape, skimmed it, nothing popped out at me.

What are your favorite songs from the tape? I'm trynna give it a second chance.

Mixtape was pretty nice,
DEF. feel that Wale has dumbed it down
But I guess when you around average lyrical rappers and some below average... it may tend to rub off maybe
I could imagine Meek and Pill, and maybe even Gunplay (my dude lol) in the studio like "(cut!).. Wale, might have to take that line out, we dont understand it/don't know what you talking bout"

Originally Posted by Dat Dude Chris

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Great mixtape.

And Wale hasn't changed his style after he got on MMG as much as y'all think, if anything Meek sold out....

While I do agree that Wale hasnt changed his style up much except dumbing down a lil n using more mainstream type beats, I DONT agree that Meek sold out. Dude has ALWAYS rapped the way he does way before Ross signed him n I should know since dude was HUGE around my way before MMG
I mean to each his own.
After listening to his work before (MMG) his flow seemed faster and less simplistic than it does no IMO 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Love it. 

100 miles and running was his best. this was a close #2.
sad we will never hear music from him like this again

I don't think Wale sold out, or if he did it's arguable that it was in his best interest too. Attention Deficit was a pretty good CD that was an absolute commercial failure. I think it was illphillip on here who said that most rappers don't get a second chance, and once Wale got his he took it and ran with it.

I do like Pre-MMG Wale much more but I am really glad he has made it. But I must say that the Maybach Music Group "era" is one of my least favorite in music ever. Just seems totally phony to me, I do love Wale and Meek though.

Back
Top Bottom