NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Yeah I shot a sr9. Shot nice. Jammed every 3 shots. That's what I got my ccw with. :lol: borrowed it from someone.

My sr45 stove piped alot if you didnt hold it like chick norris come to think of it. I think theyre too stiff/tight. Cpl hundrend rds through it and some oil and itll be more reliable. The only pistols ive ever fired that were tighter than rugers are berettas however ive never once had a ftf on a beretta haha any model.

Rugers wheel guns are quality though

any tips on my first ar build?

specifically, can someone school me on the twist ratio?
Rate of twist depends on what weight of bullet you plan on shooting (scroll down past the 2nd pic):
http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/ar-15-barrel-twist-explained/

If you aren't sure about what bullets you'll be shooting, go to [wherever you buy ammo] and look at some of the boxes you are most likely to buy. I'm more of a 7.62x39 guy, but it seems like the 55-grain bullet / 1:9 twist combo is most common/recommended for your average AR. Tighter twist (lower number) if you want to shoot heavy bullets (for long-range shooting).

Yeah I shot a sr9. Shot nice. Jammed every 3 shots. That's what I got my ccw with. 
laugh.gif
 borrowed it from someone.
My sr45 stove piped alot if you didnt hold it like chick norris come to think of it. I think theyre too stiff/tight. Cpl hundrend rds through it and some oil and itll be more reliable. The only pistols ive ever fired that were tighter than rugers are berettas however ive never once had a ftf on a beretta haha any model.
The only Beretta 92 I've shot stovepiped like hell. Never had a gun do that for me before (besides a .22 conversion kit, and I modified the ejector angle, which completely fixed that), and I've shot what I feel is a pretty wide variety of guns. It was a friend's that I was borrowing... I was very glad to hand it back to him, lol. It had hogue grips and felt good in the hand, though (for those of us with big hands). Actually, the only other Beretta I've shot was a 21A Bobcat (.22lr with tip-up barrel), and it seems like it had some kind of jamming issue, too... 
tongue.gif

I'm not really a fan of Rugers, either... I don't remember problems with jamming, but I didn't like: horrible trigger pull (LC9), unintuitive assembly/breakdown procedure (Mark II, Mini-14), and that many of their current models OD on redundant safety features that add complexity/potential causes for failure (magazine safety, internal lock). 
mean.gif
 (At least they've started offering some models without these features.)

Last edited:
Any and all Eotech owners should read these links.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/09/3...h-enhanced-combat-optical-sights-plus-goings/

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/11/2...unications-for-fraud-involving-eotech-sights/

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/11/2...-communications-corporation-and-paul-mangano/

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/11/2...emming-from-eotech-holographic-weapon-sights/

Eotech/L3 Communications was sued by the Federal Government for fraud. They recently settled for $25.6 million. The gist of the lawsuit was L3 lied about the true capabilities of the optic. The FBI ran tests and found parallax error of 12moa at 32° and at 5° it was at 20moa. L3 knew this was an issue and continued to sell the optics to the government.

Now why does this matter to people like me and you? Well L3/Eotech has defrauded you just like they did the government. When you spend $400-$600 on an optic you expect it to perform to the specs advertised.

I've had to return my Eotech once already this year and with this news I'm done with Eotech. I recently found out however they are accepting returns for all Eotechs. I'll be returning mine next week and buying an Aimpoint shortly after.

Just a heads up for anyone who wants to follow suit.

Not that serious to me. If they gonna give me a big chunk of that 25.6 million I'll speak up. My **** works fine for what I use it for..

Last edited:
My bullet button makes my gun automatic? You do learn something new everyday.

AR Guy - the first optic I ever bought was an Aimpoint cause it's light, durable (DD torture test), and the battery life is amazing when compared to Eotechs.

Not that serious to me. If they gonna give me a big chunk of that 25.6 million I'll speak up. My **** works fine for what I use it for..

I thought the same way until the reticle started to wash out in certain parts of the window. Apparently it's not uncommon and it's caused by moisture getting inside the optic.

But my refund got approved today so I'll be getting a $500 check in the mail that will go to buying an Aimpoint T-1 or a T-2 if I can find one at a good price.

For those of you that keep a handgun at the bedside, what kind of safe do you have, if any? I don't have kids and just live with my girl, but if my house got broken into I'd want to make sure my gun stays put.

For those of you that keep a handgun at the bedside, what kind of safe do you have, if any? I don't have kids and just live with my girl, but if my house got broken into I'd want to make sure my gun stays put.
I need a damn safe. I got my glock on my printer, UMP is under my TV, 22 SBR is laying in my closet, Tavor is under my bed ...I think :smh:

I don't have a safe and the gun is unlocked and in my nightstand when I'm home.

If I'm gone for extended periods of time, I lock it in it's case and hide it in my closet. Not as safe as a safe (ha), but unless they're looking for it, they probably won't find it.

:lol: I got a shotgun laying on the floor right now in this living room area. It's more like the pile of guns and hockey equipment room. We use them a lot so they stay out. No kids around.

im going to attending a gun show january 23-24 in charleston so hopefully i find a good deal.

just in case anybody else lives here so yall know.

I've got an SRS on my .22 but I may have to look into that MRO, kinda like the look of that.

Doesn't the safe defeat the purpose? Especially if you don't have kids. Shouldn't you also be worried about someone being in your house while you're home?

I'd rather have a stolen gun than hear someone in my house and have to go to a safe and get my gun out in a high stress situation. Do you keep a flashlight by your bedside?

I'm probably going to get a shotgun to keep under my bed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom