NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

anybody have a maadi ak? there is one for a good price here.  still undecided what i want to pick up ak vs. ar.  i know the maadi's imported by steyr pre ban cost a grip.  i have to go look who the importer is i'm going to grab it if it isn't a century one i think.  i heard the egyptian ones are good except century turned them into franken ak's with chinese parts. 

Originally Posted by richiecotite

^ good to see you back man!

PM sent.

I see your going with a single point sling. Any reason a single vs. a 2 point system? Just starting to look slings and *shudders at the price* optics.
I'm ready for the show Richiecotite!!! Easily one of the best and consistent gun shows I have ever been to. Hey that's actually a 3 point sling I'm using. I LOVE it because it's like a single point sling with MUCH better muzzle control. You can adjust it to stay right by your side even when running. It can be converted to a 2 point and single point on the fly though, and the built in bungie cord makes it more flexible when doing transitions from right to left hand and vice versa. The nylon material is soft enough to be against your skin with no chafing. I carried it everyday for 4 months and I have nothing but kudos for the Spec Ops Mamba fighting sling.

2eudFzqCIUIhCuSMuaHgwqR3b5dHOJDLBq-1-fDQyzcLfNQcU1oUwi3dcsx5lNkqG28kB1VRFjeyxh3zTX16j4HffQ35kS-FNF0WQzQVK8opzA467B1AXgMilfK0KXgCP2CTI1lwqAKaB7BKItthYBDKA8E1lWQvItFKIQxKR1QUANAWnFD9A_X4JA4o0CayRWLnYA

Sillyputty, I'm a government civilian. We get to outfit our weapon with gear we like. Next time I'm putting a quad-rail, foregrip, and EOTech on mine. I think the 14.5" M4 is the PERFECT size and length for a M-16/AR-15 variant. You get the best of mid range distance, while still being compact enough for a vehicle and CQB. That's just my opinion though. TO be honest I wouldn't shoot is on Full Auto...dumps the mag to quickly. I'd rather 3 round burst to be honest.

As you may or may not know, NJ is one of the stricter states when it comes to 2A rights.
We have 15 round mags laws.
One handgun every 30 days.
Need a background check to get an id card to purchase long arms, where at the point of sale a background check is performed anyway.
Need a pistol purchase permit to purchase pistols(same process as firearms Id card) where a background check is performed at point of sale.
We have an assault weapons ban
CCW is never issued(may-issue state)
and many more ridiculous laws
but on Monday they are trying to pass a new statute where, although they're pointing to a specific round(in this case
the armor-piercing 5.7 round) the wording leaves the possibility open to ban all ammo. (the wording states any ammunition that can
cause serious bodily injury to LEO)
To add insult to injury that decision would be left to a non-elected, governor appointed attorney general.
Furthermore, there is already(correct me if I'm wrong) state and federal law that prohibits the sale of armor piercing rounds.
Because apparently those that are looking to do harm to LEO and others won't be able to now after/if this passes. -_-

with that said, I just wanna share this petition with you guys and would hope you partake if you see so fit.

petition

^^^^ I just signed the petition though I don't live in NJ. It's ridiculous though. Do they really think this bill will lessen crime or something? It could actually increase it.

Dathbgboy...what's good? Good to see you in here again. Thanks and glad to be back. Any new additions to the armory? Any plans?

Yea man I took a hiatus. Haven't made any purchases in a while but going to a gun show this coming Sat. looking for a small .380. Been lookin at the Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec P3AT, and the Taurus 738 TCP. My boy keeps trying to get me to buy a Hipoint and I would but the weight is an issue for me. I want something light weight for no more than $300 out the door. Hope everything goes well.

Found some ppl that likes to go to the range so a group of us go about once a month. Feels good.
laugh.gif
What's been goin on w/ u brah?

Im thinking of buying an M&P15-22

the MOE edition goes for $560 in LA area but Im looking for a slightly better price..... Do big chain stores like Turner's outdoors man offer better prices over all on rifles like this?

looks beast but is not

811031_01_lg.jpg

I'm hoping to get out to a shooting range soon. Never shot a gun before in my life and would love to try it out.

Cool stuff in here btw
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MrBrown

Im thinking of buying an M&P15-22

the MOE edition goes for $560 in LA area but Im looking for a slightly better price..... Do big chain stores like Turner's outdoors man offer better prices over all on rifles like this?

looks beast but is not

811031_01_lg.jpg
Looks nice but it's a .22LR, can't get jiggy w/ that. if I purchase a rifle, 9mm will be the minimum.  Have u seen the Beretta CX4 Storm?

i've shot that m&p.  joint is so boring after like 2 mags.
laugh.gif
  maybe if you were practicing for accuracy with some optics or something.  but then i'd just cop a ruger for way cheaper.  no way in hell i'd pay 500+ for one.  that's cheap ak territory and for a few hundred more you could build a real ar.

idk about in la but all the big stores and pawn shops carry them here for a little over 500.

alright fells, i need your help. i got $500 burning a hole in my wallet (paypal account, actually) and too many ideas what to get. here are the options:

-FNP 45 (i really want a .45)
-RIA 1911 Tactical
-FNP 9 (will be my 3rd, have a bunch of accessories for it already)
-10.5 inch AR upper
-eotech (512 or 517)
-Remington 870
-SKS
-small carry 9mm (taurus slim or kahr cm9)

Im really leaning toward the eotech, but i have no experience with optics, and honestly, i shoot pistols way more than rifles. Also once my AR is done, i'll have 2, but i think im going to give my dad my dpms for his birthday, and as they say "2 is 1 and 1 is none". i really liked the FNP Tac i had, but it was too impractical. I think the regular would be just small enough to reasonably carry. I've keep reading good things about the Rock Island 1911's and you really can't beat that price point. I only have shotty right now, again "2 is 1". I'd like to get a smaller carry pistol, as right now i only carry about 75% of the time i go out, and the times i don't carry are because i print. I feel like it just makes sense to have an SKS since they're about as reliable and cheaper than AK's, and 7.62 is so damn cheap.

Originally Posted by richiecotite

alright fells, i need your help. i got $500 burning a hole in my wallet (paypal account, actually) and too many ideas what to get. here are the options:

-FNP 45 (i really want a .45)
-RIA 1911 Tactical
-FNP 9 (will be my 3rd, have a bunch of accessories for it already)
-10.5 inch AR upper
-eotech (512 or 517)
-Remington 870
-SKS
-small carry 9mm (taurus slim or kahr cm9)

Im really leaning toward the eotech, but i have no experience with optics, and honestly, i shoot pistols way more than rifles. Also once my AR is done, i'll have 2, but i think im going to give my dad my dpms for his birthday, and as they say "2 is 1 and 1 is none". i really liked the FNP Tac i had, but it was too impractical. I think the regular would be just small enough to reasonably carry. I've keep reading good things about the Rock Island 1911's and you really can't beat that price point. I only have shotty right now, again "2 is 1". I'd like to get a smaller carry pistol, as right now i only carry about 75% of the time i go out, and the times i don't carry are because i print. I feel like it just makes sense to have an SKS since they're about as reliable and cheaper than AK's, and 7.62 is so damn cheap.
I've owned a RIA 1911 Tactical it's extremely accurate however if you're looking to mod it, you might want to look at a springfield GI model because adding night sights are a pain.

Originally Posted by AR Guy

Get the Eotech but get the EXPS model instead.

Why the EXPS? seems like the only difference between those and lower end 5 series are NV capability (no plans for that) and the 5's take up more rail space, and better battery life.

^^^Not necessarily. The EXPS2 doesn't have NV. Same with the XPS2. EXPS3 and XPS3 both have NV. AR probably mentioned the EXPS because it has the 7mm riser giving you a lower 1/3rd co-witness which gives a "clearer" view with iron sights up, unless you go with flip up sights. The EXPS and XPS series also have the transverse battery setup so it eliminates the problems the other series had with the battery. Also, it's a shorter sight so you have room to add a magnifier in the future.

You should also take a look at aimpoint sights. They are nearly indestructible (DDM4 torture test video) and provide much better battery life depending on the models (from 2-5+ years). They also just released the new 2MOA T-1 sights and there's a groupbuy going on at calguns for about $500 for the RDS.

Picked up my first handgun the other day.  Went with the Glock 19 gear package (3-10 round mags w/ range bag)
Shooting wise, I'm grouping, but slightly low and to the left.  My coworkers say I'm compensating for recoil.  Thoughts nt?
My shooting forte is more on AR's and I have little to no shooting experience with handguns.

just finished rebuilding the lower...got a call yesterday that the upper is ready, and hopefully the money i transferred from paypal hits my bank account in the morning so i can pick up my EOtech. only thing i need to get now is a new grip (currently has a FDE magpul grip, looing to get a black ergo)

if everything goes according to plan will have pics up tomorrow evening.

*edit* picked up the upper this morning, copped an EOtech 512, and put it all together. The pivot pins are hella tight, i can't get the front one off without using some sort of tool to push it out. 

*yo Frank, i did see the some of the torutre test, that aimpoint micro is a beast! but the Aimpoint would be $200 more, and it has a smaller field of view

Back
Top Bottom