NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

I got my mossberg 500 persuader for $350 BNIB before tax and DROS. 7+1 12 gauge 18.5in barrel with heat shield

/\ ya I see the pistol grip with heat shield alot. Kinda want a 870 for durability sake tho. Well see when I play with em this weekend.

Got out with the glock n put 100 through it... lasers off a bit but sure did get alotta ewws an awws hah. Didnt group great tho. First time out with it tho so hopefully ill improve. Too many fliers. Id put 5 of em on a golfball and the one 1 a foot left and the next 6 inches right :smh

ALso managed to scoop some HSTs. F u federal and ur LEO only policies :smile:

I need to get out to the range, haven't taken out my xd in close to 6 months. Also can't wait for AR prices to keep dropping so I can pick one up

.38 super

Dunno much about 1911s in terms of conversions... but if I could get this chambered in 9 40 or 45 I will buy the gun n do that..

Anyone double up on basically the same gun?

I have a H&K P30L and now am considering a P30 as well in the same caliber. Only thing is I can't find anymore mags right now cause everywhere is sold out and if they do come back in stock listed prices are now about $60 per mag.

The gun is also just under $900 from this one spot I plan on getting it, but it'll be about $1150 to get it into CA.

Lay awayed... I has a problem. Haha 600. Now to buy a 9mm barrel and hope I dont need a new spring or slide (shouldnt) and the extractor is ok with it. :D

MIght be pretty official n a cpl weeks. Giddy

Last edited:

I have a H&K P30L and now am considering a P30 as well in the same caliber. Only thing is I can't find anymore mags right now cause everywhere is sold out and if they do come back in stock listed prices are now about $60 per mag.

The gun is also just under $900 from this one spot I plan on getting it, but it'll be about $1150 to get it into CA.
CA laws are so lame bro, Im glad Im in AZ, super friendly out here, rarely do we run into issues because of the laws being so anal. I'll keep an eye out for you on them mags bro, whats your limit on price? Holla at my via PM if you wish
Lay awayed... I has a problem. Haha 600. Now to buy a 9mm barrel and hope I dont need a new spring or slide (shouldnt) and the extractor is ok with it.
happy.gif

MIght be pretty official n a cpl weeks. Giddy
Man why would you want to go out of your way to chamber it in a 9mm? The conversion isn't hard by any means but Im a strong believe that 1911s should be 45acp and 38 super for those who do competive shooting.If I were you I would leave it as is but the cool thing about doing the barrel change is you can always change it back to 38 super when ever you want to. Just cop the barrel in 9mm and mags to hold the rounds of course.One thing I would have done if I was you I would have looked around for seen what was good with those Taurus guns first. From what I've heard they are straight, really nice pieces. Reason I say you should have looked around is because Lambos Armory currently has a brand new 1911 chambered in 9mm for 500$. So you could have save some bread. Just my 2cents.

picked this up a couple weeks ago
smokin.gif
Let me know how you like that, I want to pick up a S&W AR as well along with a Colt for the triphecta.I picked up a Windham about a month ago barely got to testing it, It loved steel ammo worked flawlessly in 110 degree weather.I have list of 10+ guns/rifles to pick up in the up coming year or two.

Yep.

Right now i have 2 fnp-9's, and 2 .45 m&p (ones a compact, and ones a full size, but there's mag compatibility), and a springfield 1911

It makes sense to have multiples of the same gun for a few reasons. I like to have a lot of magazines (minimum 5 for each gun). It's easier to only have to deal with 1 type of mag than having to worry about which mag goes with which gun. Plus if one gun goes down, you still have a backup that youve spent time shooting. Buying holsters, sights, etc for different guns just doesn't make sense to me, especially if theyre in the same caliber.

And JewSee, i wish i could find 9mm for cheap. Local spot had some a few weeks ago, for 17.99 per box. I figure why pay 20 a box for 9mm when i can pay a couple of extra dollars, and shoot .45? Plus I think .45>9mm (i know i know, shot placement and bullet tech and all that) even if your carrying less ammo. I haven't really been able to find .45 either, granted I havent checking for ammo in general nowadays other than local gun forums.

What do you guys think of +P for .45? Too much? Thinking about switching to federal hst from speer gold dots

I shot a few boxes of HST +p through my 1911. It wasn't too bad recoil wise, definitely different from range/plinking ammo, but all in all, controllable and accurate.

Realistically, you can't go wrong with HST's or Gold Dots. I prefer 230 gr, I think most .45 shooters do, otherwise you might as well just get a .40 and save a few bucks and add a few rounds.

Got to shoot steel at an outdoor range last week. Literally, the most fun I've ever had shooting. I could ring steel all damn day.

/\ yea no denying .45 > 9mm imo nowadays with the hi cap semi auto 45s. Now if were arguin if id rather have a 1911 or a glock 17 n a gunfight situation gimme more rds all day every day. But I digress cuz I know this is a hot button issue. So ill stop before the 40 cal guys chime in.

Feel ya tho ritchie 9mm price gauging is making the .45 a much more attractive option. I did however pick up 250 rds of PMC bronze hollows for 100 and some change this a.m. from Cabellas... :evil: and I have two mags of HSTs I now keep loaded for SHTF. But um happy I can train with somethin close to the same velocity n characteristics. Much hotter than most standard ball ammo but still really controllable.

picked this up a couple weeks ago
smokin.gif
Let me know how you like that, I want to pick up a S&W AR as well along with a Colt for the triphecta. I picked up a Windham about a month ago barely got to testing it, It loved steel ammo worked flawlessly in 110 degree weather. I have list of 10+ guns/rifles to pick up in the up coming year or two.
I like it so far, tho I haven't shot it yet, due to the fact that I just had ACL surgery last week and can barely walk let alone go to the range and shoot

but I will update once I put some rounds thru it

/\ yea no denying .45 > 9mm imo nowadays with the hi cap semi auto 45s. Now if were arguin if id rather have a 1911 or a glock 17 n a gunfight situation gimme more rds all day every day. But I digress cuz I know this is a hot button issue. So ill stop before the 40 cal guys chime in.

Feel ya tho ritchie 9mm price gauging is making the .45 a much more attractive option. I did however pick up 250 rds of PMC bronze hollows for 100 and some change this a.m. from Cabellas... :evil: and I have two mags of HSTs I now keep loaded for SHTF. But um happy I can train with somethin close to the same velocity n characteristics. Much hotter than most standard ball ammo but still really controllable.

No doubt, If im taking a pistol in a gunfight, it's gonna be a 9 mil with at least 15 rounds. For everyday life, 5 rounds is more than likely enough. I think i've read somehwere on the web the average gunfight lasts 3-4 rounds.

And i thought i was doing pretty good trading 250 rounds of XM193 for a 250 pack of rem umc. 100 bucks for 250 rounds of .45? hollowpoints and PMC (probably the best plinking ammo around)? Im mad jelly right now. I just bought 250 rounds of blazer brass from PSA for $116 shipped, and i thought i was doing it. Sucks cuz blazer brass uses small primers.

No doubt, If im taking a pistol in a gunfight, it's gonna be a 9 mil with at least 15 rounds. For everyday life, 5 rounds is more than likely enough. I think i've read somehwere on the web the average gunfight lasts 3-4 rounds.

And i thought i was doing pretty good trading 250 rounds of XM193 for a 250 pack of rem umc. 100 bucks for 250 rounds of .45? hollowpoints and PMC (probably the best plinking ammo around)? Im mad jelly right now. I just bought 250 rounds of blazer brass from PSA for $116 shipped, and i thought i was doing it. Sucks cuz blazer brass uses small primers.

Yesterday was surreal man... cane home to the rents for the weekend (wedding) walked into walmart for icy hot at 3 am after leavin my boys... 3 250 rd boxes of umc 9mm... 64 bucks a pop. Copped two and left the last for someone else to luck up on :smoking

So yea picked up 750 rds give or take yesterday haha at .27 per. 33. Per. And .44 (hollows) a round. im stocked on 9 and 45 now. And yea I alrdy ordered the taurus 9mm stainless 1911 when it was on sale from buds last week. My deposit got transfered to an M&P 40 but he lets me pull from there for range time so I doubt ill ever pick up the M&p (no trigger reset sux)

So I copped roughly 750 rds yesterday... all my frivalous $$ goes to guns and ammo now hah o well... now that im stocked I gotta slow way downnnn tho. I hope to pick up my challenger and move n the next 2 months :lol: must stop buying brass...

Top of closet ammo stash lookin right again :pimp:

Now that I kno the SR will eat those PMC hollows im gunna cop more of those prob soon

Top of closet ammo stash lookin right again :pimp:

Now that I kno the SR will eat those PMC hollows im gunna cop more of those prob soon
My .40 loves pmc, I'm gonna have to grab some more since my local had some the other day

What websites are you guys using for ammo? Cause .22 is hard to find in person and I wanted to pick up a ruger 22 rifle, but if I can't the ammo there's no point of buying one

Last edited:
/\ no reason to buy .22

The shortage squeeze hits that caliber the hardest because they r the littlest profit margins to be made by the manufacturers. It sux cuz its the most widely owned firearm caliber I bet. Anybody with a little bit of land owned one for the past 50 yrs. So lots of guns to supply for... overall shoratge... panic buying.. its ugly.

Id say youd be better served buyin one of those hardcore pellet guns lol .177 or w/e. I dunno ive only ever seen .22 n the stores twice... and i go... alot hah. online shops sell out n minutes. Its cray.

Last edited:
How do you guys store your hammers in the whip? I have mine in the door panel but I fear someone might be able to peep and possibly steal it when I open my door.

Last edited:
all the 22lr ammo I have has been bought online from cabelas and picked up locally just picked up a brick for $50

glad you went with a new taurus instead, used one was over priced for what new ones go for

all the 22lr ammo I have has been bought online from cabelas and picked up locally just picked up a brick for $50

glad you went with a new taurus instead, used one was over priced for what new ones go for
I have no cabelas nearby so that isn't a option

/\ no reason to buy .22

The shortage squeeze hits that caliber the hardest because they r the littlest profit margins to be made by the manufacturers. It sux cuz its the most widely owned firearm caliber I bet. Anybody with a little bit of land owned one for the past 50 yrs. So lots of guns to supply for... overall shoratge... panic buying.. its ugly.

Id say youd be better served buyin one of those hardcore pellet guns lol .177 or w/e. I dunno ive only ever seen .22 n the stores twice... and i go... alot hah. online shops sell out n minutes. Its cray.
I want the .22 just to screw around with plus the ammo is usually cheaper if I can find it.

How do you guys store your hammers in the whip? I have mine in the door panel but I fear someone might be able to peep and possibly steal it when I open my door.

Hammer n the tool box. Glock under the steering wheel

Is how I'd handle it neway. I don't carry daily

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom