NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

I just sanded them and stained them black with a clear coat.

I'm getting something to carry next so I can take the test and get my permit. A lot of classes require you to bring your own gun. I'm debating between a glock 26 or 19.

Think I'm gonna sell my fixie within the next couple of months and cop a shotgun. Gonna have to keep it at my mom's house though since my old man still isn't too fond of guns in the house :lol: He's coming around a bit though.

You guys know anything about safes to put them in, etc?

You'll damn near need a full size (height-wise) safe for a shotgun or any rifle for that matter. If that's not a option, take the barrel off and put a cable lock through the receiver. Store the parts in separate places obv. where people won't get into it or kids won't play with it.

Yea, I have no problem getting a full size one, just hope it isn't TOO expensive. :lol:

Yea, I have no problem getting a full size one, just hope it isn't TOO expensive. :lol:

First thing is to determine your needs and what you want to spend. If the only thing your going to be storing is the shotgun; then personally I'd go with the cable lock method and try to hide it. If you think you might be getting more long guns in the future, then you might want to look at a gun locker. I think Stack On makes a decent product for not a lot of money. Below is the model I have

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...d=12668278&cp=4406646.4413993.4414427.4414433

FWIW, I paid $400 for it, black friday 2012

It works well enough for my needs. I knew I didn't want an electronic combo lock, as batteries, resetting the code, electronic malfunction can all be potential issues. Good old fashioned combination lock works well for me.

Me and my 67 yr old dad loaded it up in his truck, drove it home, put it on a dolly and brought it into my work room in my basement. All in all, not that hard to get in my house (i didn't have to navigate any stairs luckily), so that cut out the $100-$200 delivery and install fee.

In my old house, I kept everything in a closet I put an additional lock on. My primary concern then was making sure my kid didn't access it.

Now, I have a few more firearms, and I'm holding on to some things for a buddy that moved to Cali, so my main concern is theft prevention.

To keep it real, only provide a certain amount of protection. Any safe can be busted open with simple tools like crowbars, hammers, axes. The main job is to make it as difficult as possible to open it or make it transportable; it's basically a deterrent. Most burglars are 1 or 2 people, and they probably aren't looking to waste 10-30 minutes trying to break into my gun safe when I have blu ray players, flatscreen TV's, ipads, computers nearby, then trying to lug out a 500 lb steel box. (Hopefully) to most burglars, that just isn't worth the risk.

But if your looking for a bigger safe (my size and bigger), and money wasn't an issue, look for the following features

-minimum 1" locking bars, 12 gauge steel
-internal hinges (easier to defeat external hinges)
-30 min fire rating @ 1200 degrees
-drilled holes to anchor it into the ground
-at least 350 lbs

Last edited:
The glock 26 is nice because you can just throw in an extension and have a full grip. I'm only planning on carrying when I'm working the food truck late night though. I might just open carry. That's allowed here and a lot of cooks at diners and food trucks will just open carry as a "don't even think about it." Deterrent. Not trying to be a target late night working.

just an FYI bros....

Bravo company has FREE BCG with the purchase of any BCM upper. It isn't one of those deals where they raise the price $100 bucks either. $450 will get you a BCM barreled upper and bcg (charging handle and handguards not included)

Almost unbelievable deal.

No reason right now to get a cheap upper. You won't find this sort of quality at the price point.

Impatiently waiting for my 870 tac to come in.. Still deciding if I'll dump my Stoeger or keep it as back up. I've had it for over 2 years and still haven't fired it :smh: :lol:

Building another AR and got my NIB BCG in today. Quality, feel and finish is superb.

How long was the wait?
I got the .22 in on 3/28 after like 3 days of trying and then eForms went down but luckily I had a draft for my 9mm AR in the system so once it came back up you could only submit form 6s but I was able to complete and slip my form 1 in on 4/17. Both were approved on 7/31 so right under 4 months for the .22 and 3.5 months on the 9

SBR's are cool but I'm not with the whole tax stamp thing.

Side note I got dude with the cerakoted gen 4 g26 to come down to $500 with the night sites plus 100 rounds of hollow points and the 4 mags. I'm suppose to meet up soon with him. Told him up front I'm taking the pistol apart to insure the 50 round count he stated is accurate. Y'all would do that same right?

Anybody have experience with the maverick 88 shotgun by Mossberg? Im looking for a inexpensive first shotgun and from what I hear it seems good , any recommendations?

Clearer pic of my pistol.

They banned ARs in my state last year during the panic. I was only able to get 2 lowers before the law came into affect. One of them was a polymer lower which sucks compared to the billet one.

Though ARs are banned, we were still able to get a heavy barrel (HBAR) AR and SBR AR but lowers were considered banned which was stupid. Last week, state police released letters stating lowers are legal if configured for pistol, HBAR or SBR. So now I can get lowers again :smokin
Now I can swap out my polymer lower :smokin
Dog ......this is a pistol ?

This technology man :smh:

:lol:

Dog ......this is a pistol ?

This technology man :smh:

:lol:
Thats what the feds call it :lol:

Had to "update" the buffer tube :nerd: and switched out the crappy polymer lower. Also added a "fang" trigger guard.

My 16" is coming along nicely. Going to be putting in a NIB charging handle to accentuate the BCG. A silver trigger and take down pins as well

Went to the range for the very first time today. It was a fun expirence but it was different for sure. I didn't realize guns were so loud lol

SBR's are cool but I'm not with the whole tax stamp thing.

Side note I got dude with the cerakoted gen 4 g26 to come down to $500 with the night sites plus 100 rounds of hollow points and the 4 mags. I'm suppose to meet up soon with him. Told him up front I'm taking the pistol apart to insure the 50 round count he stated is accurate. Y'all would do that same right?
200 bucks isn't a big deal, I just hate the wait... if they offered an instant stamp for 500 I'd have alot more NFA items :lol:  I'm just too impatient.

Here's the .22, feel like an idiot for not ordering my suppressor the same day I submitted my Form 1 :smh: Now the wait for that

Last edited:
I hated the trigger on the Bodyguard I shot a couple times.

that said, I understand the reasoning for it, not sure if the Ruger is similar.

obviously both are gonna be great for concealment.

Sportsmans sells the Bodyguard for $300 (out of stock, though), but the Ruger is in stock for $269.99

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...44732/3701/ruger-lcp-380acp-centerfire-pistol

copped my XDm 9mm from Sportsmans.. good peoples.

Last edited:
[quote name="maldonado"[/quote]

Appreciate the info man. Why exactly is the trigger so tough on the SW? B/C of no safety? Also, is a laser really necessary/beneficial on either of these? It's stock on the SW. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom