NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Yeah. I got my 870 for 200 bucks. Things are tanks and feel a whole lot better than a mossberg. Remington and benelli is what I'd roll with. Look for a used 870 or supernova. I prefer an 870 to supernova but both are dope.

My 870

+1 on the Remington 870 pump action. I didn't like the feel of the Mossberg pump for the short time I owned it, especially compared to the Remington.

Don't forget to check out Armslist. Meeting Face-to-Face is not for everyone, but some sellers offer to ship to a FFL, and plenty of gun shops advertise their own inventory on there, too. If nothing else, it can be helpful to see what prices the gun you are looking at it is going for in your area.
IMO, theres no reason NOT to buy a used shotgun. Most people that own shotguns (outside of sport shooters) shoot them very little. I bought a mossberg 500 used maybe 8 yrs ago and I've probably put less than 500 rounds through it. Most people buy a shotgun (especially one for home defense), shoot a couple of boxes of birdshot or buck through it, and put it away.

I prefer the mossberg over the rem mostly because theyre cheaper, they have an ambi friendly safety that's away from the trigger guard, and they're pretty damn easy to work on.

Last edited:
^^^ thanks famb.

I was leaning towards the Remington for a bit, but some reviews are saying that they're made a bit more poor nowadays. (Within the last decade)

Is there any credit to that? The Remington naysayers were pointing towards Mossbergs instead which is why they're an option to me now.

^^^ thanks famb.

I was leaning towards the Remington for a bit, but some reviews are saying that they're made a bit more poor nowadays. (Within the last decade)

Is there any credit to that? The Remington naysayers were pointing towards Mossbergs instead which is why they're an option to me now.
It seems to me like a Chevy vs Ford thing. People like one or the other, but both seem to have a good reputation, overall. Like @Velle23  quoted me above, I strongly prefer the Remington, based on how the pump action feels (mine is smooth, sturdy, and no jams), but that's my personal preference. I recommend trying both to see what you like. One difference I noticed was the position of the safety... the Mossberg's position felt unnatural to me but could be good for others.

As far as poor quality, shotguns are pretty straightforward, and are easily disassembled for inspection (YouTube it). It's always a good idea to look over a gun before handing over your $$$, regardless.

Last edited:
Anyone familiar with texas laws?

I got a gun as a gift. Legal gun bought legit.

So therefore its not in my name.

Now my question is, if i get a permit will i be able to carry this weapon on me?

If i use it in self defense is it looked as an illegal possesion with or without my permit?

I dont know about texas but im sure you can find out quick if you google it. Where im at the gun needs to be taken to a gun shop with the person whos name it is under now and have them transfer it to your name and here you need a permit to carry to be able to walk around with a gun on you. But I would definetly suggest getting it transfered into your name as soon as you can.

Last edited:
Come on man you live in Texas :lol:

You only need a "permit" for handguns. If you keep it inside your home, car, or the range and never on your person outside of those places, you don't need a permit. If you had to use it in self defense inside your home or car and you didn't have a permit, I believe you are well within your rights.

If you're walking down the street (read: in public), you need a CHL to be able to legally concealed carry a handgun. If you have your CHL and have to use your firearm in self defense in public, you're golden. If you don't have your CHL and use your firearm in public in self defense, you'll probably catch a case for illegal possession (at the least).

Rifles and shotguns are another story. You don't need to register or get a permit for them in Texas. I can't see you carrying a rifle or shotgun, so the only time you'd need to use it in self defense (probably) is in your home, in which case you are golden. No permit or registration necessary.

All this is assuming you can legally posses a firearm (you aren't a felon or a list of other things).

Put my deposit down to hold these until my HQL license gets approved . G26 and G19 gen 4s .

Probably gonna get myself the FN 5.7 for my birthday

[COLOR=#red]Another Gen 4 Glock 26 guy! Might be the most accurate striker fired subcompact with a double stacked mag on the market. [/COLOR]

Come on man you live in Texas :lol:

You only need a "permit" for handguns. If you keep it inside your home, car, or the range and never on your person outside of those places, you don't need a permit. If you had to use it in self defense inside your home or car and you didn't have a permit, I believe you are well within your rights.

If you're walking down the street (read: in public), you need a CHL to be able to legally concealed carry a handgun. If you have your CHL and have to use your firearm in self defense in public, you're golden. If you don't have your CHL and use your firearm in public in self defense, you'll probably catch a case for illegal possession (at the least).

Rifles and shotguns are another story. You don't need to register or get a permit for them in Texas. I can't see you carrying a rifle or shotgun, so the only time you'd need to use it in self defense (probably) is in your home, in which case you are golden. No permit or registration necessary.

All this is assuming you can legally posses a firearm (you aren't a felon or a list of other things).

Yeah lookin back my question was stupid lol.

Never new much about texas gun laws just knew they were laid back af.

Any of yall apendix carry? I need a good holster. Used to carry one in my teenage years on my waistband, cant rock it like that anymore need somethin with comfort

Nice.

I've been debating what to spend my money on recently.. I have a little extra saved up and I want to treat myself to something. It's down to a new watch or finally getting a gun for daily carry. I just need to pull the trigger (no pun intended) on a Springfield XD-S because I've had my eye on it forever. 

Has anyone here ever shot TulAmmo 9mm in a glock? Is it good ammo? Is it true that it makes your gun jam?

I've shot about 1000 rounds of tulammo through my G22 absolutely no jam with the steel casings, just properly lube and you'll be fine. When you need cheap ammo tul isn't a bad choice

Last edited:
Has anyone here ever shot TulAmmo 9mm in a glock? Is it good ammo? Is it true that it makes your gun jam?
Can't speak for Glocks specifically, but in general, TulAmmo should work for cheap practice ammo. I wouldn't keep it in your gun for protection, but there's no need to only buy the best stuff when it comes to plinking at the range. Try a box and see how it goes.

My girl's M&P eats everything but aluminum-cased ammo (which jam it fairly frequently), but steel seemed to be okay. My CZs eat anything, period. I don't remember ever having a jam, regardless of ammo.

Last edited:
I've always been terrified to run Tula in anything but my AK's :lol: I've heard good and bad stories, but I've never seen anything catastrophic happen from running Tula.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies folks. Reps all around. I've been looking for cheaper ammo to use at the range. I've just heard SO MANY horrible stories about that Tulammo after seeing it for the first time yesterday. The price was great but it seems risky. Anyone heard of Perfecta ammo? I've heard that is the GOAT as far as cheap ammo goes.

Last edited:
My go-to range ammo is usually Winchester white box 115 gr 9mm. Shoots nice and no trouble. It's not the cheapest out there but it's not too pricey, either.

I don't think I've tried Perfecta, yet, but I think I have seen it on the shelf. I've read that it's made in Italy by Fiocchi, but imported to the U.S. by Tulammo. Based on that it should fit the bill for range ammo. I might pick up a box next time to see what it's like.

My go-to range ammo is usually Winchester white box 115 gr 9mm. Shoots nice and no trouble. It's not the cheapest out there but it's not too pricey, either.

I don't think I've tried Perfecta, yet, but I think I have seen it on the shelf. I've read that it's made in Italy by Fiocchi, but imported to the U.S. by Tulammo. Based on that it should fit the bill for range ammo. I might pick up a box next time to see what it's like.

Yep, I use Winchester or Remmington as well. It isn't too bad as far as price but I want to get cheaper. If you ever shoot that Perfecta let me know how it works out. I'd love to get some of it but it goes fast and I keep missing it. What are your thoughts on Federal ammo?

Last edited:
Yep, I use Winchester or Remmington as well. It isn't too bad as far as price but I want to get cheaper. If you ever shoot that Perfecta let me know how it works out. I'd love to get some of it but it goes fast and I keep missing it. What are your thoughts on Federal ammo?
 Perfecta is the only ammo. I've used that caused a jam in my 19. WWB Gold Dots and Feds were good to go.

Perfecta is the only ammo I've used that caused a jam in my 19. WWB Gold Dots and Feds were good to go.
Yeah, if the Winchester's sold out I'll grab Remington or Federal and not sweat it. If I'm looking for an extra box sometimes I pick up something different (aka cheap lol) just to try something new.

I've shot Federal from time to time but honestly can't remember how it compares to the others (must not have been too bad). The aluminum-cased ammo I mentioned might've been Federal, but the jamming problem was more related to the case material than what brand it was, AFAIK. I don't remember having any trouble with their normal brass-cased ammo.

@Velle23 mentioned Gold Dots- I haven't done any penetration/expansion tests myself, but I've read that Federal HSTs, Remington Golden Sabers, Speer Gold Dots, and Winchester Rangers are all good options for hollowpoints. Of those, it seems like Gold Dots are easiest to find in my area, so I've bought those the most. It kills me how much more expensive JHPs are than FMJ, though... 
sick.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, if the Winchester's sold out I'll grab Remington or Federal and not sweat it. If I'm looking for an extra box sometimes I pick up something different (aka cheap lol) just to try something new.

I've shot Federal from time to time but honestly can't remember how it compares to the others (must not have been too bad). The aluminum-cased ammo I mentioned might've been Federal, but the jamming problem was more related to the case material than what brand it was, AFAIK. I don't remember having any trouble with their normal brass-cased ammo.

@Velle23
mentioned Gold Dots- I haven't done any penetration/expansion tests myself, but I've read that Federal HSTs, Remington Golden Sabers, Speer Gold Dots, and Winchester Rangers are all good options for hollowpoints. Of those, it seems like Gold Dots are easiest to find in my area, so I've bought those the most. It kills me how much more expensive JHPs are than FMJ, though... :x  

Sgammo for your jhp needs

Back
Top Bottom