Nuclear collapse looms? Fukushima No. 4 reactor 'leaning'vol.( did we forget about japan already?)

What I don't understand is that you have the mid-east-south coast of the US under water, yet, we over here still talking about Osama Bin Laden and donating to Japan when people in America (if you are from America) needs the most help. It's sickening. I don't watch the news and anyone who 'pays' for cable TV (news or not) is wasting money.

How you gonna pay to watch commercials? How you gonna pay to watch something that's really FREE online?

What I don't understand is that you have the mid-east-south coast of the US under water, yet, we over here still talking about Osama Bin Laden and donating to Japan when people in America (if you are from America) needs the most help. It's sickening. I don't watch the news and anyone who 'pays' for cable TV (news or not) is wasting money.

How you gonna pay to watch commercials? How you gonna pay to watch something that's really FREE online?

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by James Earl Zones

I'm more concerned with this.

http://www.naturalnews.co...nuclear_power_plant.html
This,plus all the flooding is adding extra water weight over the new madrid fault line. Could increase earthquake activity in that area. 
Bruh, log off ATS, go outside and enjoy the day.
lol i just went there and saw the story ha ha

But is this really far fetched. Just think about everything that happened to the one nuclear reactor plant in Japan that was sitting on multiple converging fault lines. How many of our nuclear reactors are a hair stran away from creating a comparable disaster over here?

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by James Earl Zones

I'm more concerned with this.

http://www.naturalnews.co...nuclear_power_plant.html
This,plus all the flooding is adding extra water weight over the new madrid fault line. Could increase earthquake activity in that area. 
Bruh, log off ATS, go outside and enjoy the day.
lol i just went there and saw the story ha ha

But is this really far fetched. Just think about everything that happened to the one nuclear reactor plant in Japan that was sitting on multiple converging fault lines. How many of our nuclear reactors are a hair stran away from creating a comparable disaster over here?

24 hour news machines got bored of japan, re upped on the birth certificate, then lapped up the osama assassination like dogs.

24 hour news machines got bored of japan, re upped on the birth certificate, then lapped up the osama assassination like dogs.

understand the concerns in Africa and all but...why piggy back off the thread about the threat in Japan?

why not just make a separate thread about Starvation in Africa and maybe try to get people to donate...ill donate if you make the thread

understand the concerns in Africa and all but...why piggy back off the thread about the threat in Japan?

why not just make a separate thread about Starvation in Africa and maybe try to get people to donate...ill donate if you make the thread

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

https://secure.unicefusa.org/site/Donation2?df_id=9640&9640.donation=form1

Make a donation... stop buying $100 sneakers. 

oh but wait...  
eyes.gif
 Never mind I forgot who the OP is... 

Wr wrote:
I hope you realize how much these non-profits have failed across the board around the world, but you don't. 
My thing is if you wanna donate, donate directly. I just don't think giving my money as a donation to a company with multi million dollar advertisement campaigns all over the place is really using my money for the right thing.  My thing is when you donate to big organizations, there is so much bureaucratic mess going on that the money getting to the people that need it isn't first priority. You act like I'm against donating. NT is running rampant with people making assumptions about people based on screen names. Too bad you're still sulking over what we discussed in another thread. It's a non issue. why bring it back up? 

I read the post.. and answered directly to your title... 'did we forget about japan already'  No I havn't forgot.  I still contribute as much as I can on a monthly basis and wanted to post one of the organizations I contribute to.  Then I read who the OP was... and started
laugh.gif
 because of what you posted in that other thread.   
Your conclusion about 'bureaucratic mess' is ridiculous.  Not for Profit Organizations file a form 990 income tax return annually to the IRS and is public record.  You want to know where the money is going... well why don't you do some research.  

And how do you donate directly? Go to Japan and give $50 to a family I see on the street? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

oh but wait...  
eyes.gif

Wr wrote:
I hope you realize how much these non-profits have failed across the board around the world, but you don't. 
My thing is if you wanna donate, donate directly. I just don't think giving my money as a donation to a company with multi million dollar advertisement campaigns all over the place is really using my money for the right thing.  My thing is when you donate to big organizations, there is so much bureaucratic mess going on that the money getting to the people that need it isn't first priority. You act like I'm against donating. NT is running rampant with people making assumptions about people based on screen names. Too bad you're still sulking over what we discussed in another thread. It's a non issue. why bring it back up? 

I read the post.. and answered directly to your title... 'did we forget about japan already'  No I havn't forgot.  I still contribute as much as I can on a monthly basis and wanted to post one of the organizations I contribute to.  Then I read who the OP was... and started
laugh.gif
Your conclusion about 'bureaucratic mess' is ridiculous.  Not for Profit Organizations file a form 990 income tax return annually to the IRS and is public record.  You want to know where the money is going... well why don't you do some research.  

And how do you donate directly? Go to Japan and give $50 to a family I see on the street? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

oh but wait...  
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I still don't see why you dudes are so worried about my opinions. I mean...they are mine. You don't see me following you into other threads bringing up your views on things. To me everyday is a brand new day and yall wanna stay stuck in the past. You can call my conclusions ridiculous all you want. I still could care less what you thinking about. How do you know that I haven't worked for Non-profits before. How do you know if I've donated and helped out poor people in this country and outside the u.s. You don't. I could show you pictures of me tutoring poor children, cooking for poor children, volunteering in hospitals, building bricks for poor communities in 3rd world countries and doing many other thing donating and volunteering my time away. But that would be against me views. I didn't do any of those things so that I can come back to the US and brag about it to make people see me as a good person. I did it because I wanted to help people and gain new experiences. I leave it at that. I don't have to tell nobody about it because I could care less what they think. You on the other hand seem to want to show that you donate to some "official organization" and seem to want to wear it as some kind of badge of pride. If that's what you doing it for...for show...then you're donating in vain. 
Before you get all butt hurt over what I said, realize that these are my opinions.  

Originally Posted by Wr

oh but wait...  
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I still don't see why you dudes are so worried about my opinions. I mean...they are mine. You don't see me following you into other threads bringing up your views on things. To me everyday is a brand new day and yall wanna stay stuck in the past. You can call my conclusions ridiculous all you want. I still could care less what you thinking about. How do you know that I haven't worked for Non-profits before. How do you know if I've donated and helped out poor people in this country and outside the u.s. You don't. I could show you pictures of me tutoring poor children, cooking for poor children, volunteering in hospitals, building bricks for poor communities in 3rd world countries and doing many other thing donating and volunteering my time away. But that would be against me views. I didn't do any of those things so that I can come back to the US and brag about it to make people see me as a good person. I did it because I wanted to help people and gain new experiences. I leave it at that. I don't have to tell nobody about it because I could care less what they think. You on the other hand seem to want to show that you donate to some "official organization" and seem to want to wear it as some kind of badge of pride. If that's what you doing it for...for show...then you're donating in vain. 
Before you get all butt hurt over what I said, realize that these are my opinions.  

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by derventa

Originally Posted by quik1987

I thought the death toll was 20,000

You're missing the point, though.

what point is that?  that lives =/= lives?  that the general public cares more about a world power than a 3rd world continent?
Agree with HealthInspector

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by derventa

Originally Posted by quik1987

I thought the death toll was 20,000

You're missing the point, though.

what point is that?  that lives =/= lives?  that the general public cares more about a world power than a 3rd world continent?
Agree with HealthInspector

Back
Top Bottom