Number 5 pick in fantasy football

I don't know the scoring system yet, most likely PPR but try and help me regardless.  Let us assume the standard 4 are already gone where do my friend and I go?  We like Frank Gore, Andre Johnson and Steven Jackson.  In a 12 team league snake draft it seems as though my 2nd round options at WR unless someone slips far are maybe Greg Jennings (tho he may not even last), I don't know about Desean Jackson here, and Colston and Boldin which I like both but have my reservations.  So that part makes me want to choose AJ. At RB according to fantasy football calculators ADP I may be able to expect DeAngelo Williams, Ryan Matthews, Jamal Charles, and a couple spots before mine are Mendenhall and Greene (if you recommend them at this spot please give me your 2nd option as well). Also, if you're going to tell me gore/jackson and then greg jennings please give me your 2nd option to jennings.  Hopefully you more fanatical fantasy footballers can appreciate a debate like this while helping me out at the same time.  Thanks.

P.s. if you want to get further into this debate..

If I went rb/rb first and all the previous Wrs were taken who would you take at WR between the two Steve Smiths, Welker, Crabtree? And if I had gone rb/wr would you take out of grant, pierre thomas, benson, mccoy, or beanie wells.  I'm pretty high on Beanie Wells I have a hard time seeing him get less than 1000 yards and he already had 7 tds on limited carries.. plus hightower gets no ypc and warner is gone along with boldin.

I don't know the scoring system yet, most likely PPR but try and help me regardless.  Let us assume the standard 4 are already gone where do my friend and I go?  We like Frank Gore, Andre Johnson and Steven Jackson.  In a 12 team league snake draft it seems as though my 2nd round options at WR unless someone slips far are maybe Greg Jennings (tho he may not even last), I don't know about Desean Jackson here, and Colston and Boldin which I like both but have my reservations.  So that part makes me want to choose AJ. At RB according to fantasy football calculators ADP I may be able to expect DeAngelo Williams, Ryan Matthews, Jamal Charles, and a couple spots before mine are Mendenhall and Greene (if you recommend them at this spot please give me your 2nd option as well). Also, if you're going to tell me gore/jackson and then greg jennings please give me your 2nd option to jennings.  Hopefully you more fanatical fantasy footballers can appreciate a debate like this while helping me out at the same time.  Thanks.

P.s. if you want to get further into this debate..

If I went rb/rb first and all the previous Wrs were taken who would you take at WR between the two Steve Smiths, Welker, Crabtree? And if I had gone rb/wr would you take out of grant, pierre thomas, benson, mccoy, or beanie wells.  I'm pretty high on Beanie Wells I have a hard time seeing him get less than 1000 yards and he already had 7 tds on limited carries.. plus hightower gets no ypc and warner is gone along with boldin.

Yea we got handed the pick we don't love it either. I'd take 9 or 10 as much as the first few picks but this spot is just about where the talent level drops off in the 2nd round it makes it a tough decision.

Yea we got handed the pick we don't love it either. I'd take 9 or 10 as much as the first few picks but this spot is just about where the talent level drops off in the 2nd round it makes it a tough decision.

as far as who to take...andre johnson is a good choice. i also think randy moss is going to have a monster year and could do just as well as andre.

as far as who to take...andre johnson is a good choice. i also think randy moss is going to have a monster year and could do just as well as andre.

im right there with you when my friend and 1 were coming up with top 5s I put moss 2nd at wr

im right there with you when my friend and 1 were coming up with top 5s I put moss 2nd at wr

You can't go wrong really between Andre, Gore and Steven Jackson. I'd probably go with Gore just cuz running backs are safer and I think the Niners are gonna have a good year.

You can't go wrong really between Andre, Gore and Steven Jackson. I'd probably go with Gore just cuz running backs are safer and I think the Niners are gonna have a good year.

That's why I tried to put the 2nd round and possibly 3rd round options for rb/wr to see if that might influence any of yalls decision. Gore has higher potential for 1600+ total yards but they both havent consistently put up tds in their careers as in 10+ a season.  Gore did have 13 last year tho that isn't bad and I think their o-line is better.  But then who do I take 2nd out of the rb/wrs I presented that may be available?

That's why I tried to put the 2nd round and possibly 3rd round options for rb/wr to see if that might influence any of yalls decision. Gore has higher potential for 1600+ total yards but they both havent consistently put up tds in their careers as in 10+ a season.  Gore did have 13 last year tho that isn't bad and I think their o-line is better.  But then who do I take 2nd out of the rb/wrs I presented that may be available?

If you don't think LT is much of a threat, the Jets ran the ball a stupid amount of times last year so Shonne Grenne might be second round value in the first.

If you don't think LT is much of a threat, the Jets ran the ball a stupid amount of times last year so Shonne Grenne might be second round value in the first.

i love shonn greene this year.. i'm hoping that i can get him in the 2nd

also like justin forsett and jerome harrison in the middle rounds (names ppl well forget about)

i love shonn greene this year.. i'm hoping that i can get him in the 2nd

also like justin forsett and jerome harrison in the middle rounds (names ppl well forget about)

I picked up jerome harrison last year, i got my eye on him but people are talking about montario hardesty stealing carries. Joe Thomas is a good start on the left side tho and Delhomme should help them.. you can't get much worse than the guys they've had throwing

I picked up jerome harrison last year, i got my eye on him but people are talking about montario hardesty stealing carries. Joe Thomas is a good start on the left side tho and Delhomme should help them.. you can't get much worse than the guys they've had throwing

arian foster could also be a late round steal.. with tate getting hurt and slaton fumbling in the game

arian foster could also be a late round steal.. with tate getting hurt and slaton fumbling in the game

lol I drafted slaton last year I dont want any part of the texans run game.. but I know you said late round Im just razzing

Back
Top Bottom