NY Bans Discrimination Based on Hair

Surprised it took this long. I wonder if there are exceptions, such as dyeing hair to unnatural colors. The article mentions treated and untreated hair but I can't see a conservative law firm hiring a rainbow hair-colored paralegal.

Last edited:
A1D4B7C6-172A-4B9D-A83E-E74424E9B11E.jpeg

Good. Happened to my friend when we came out of college. He had a hard time getting a job. I was like bro it might be the mini fro you got going on. These old white man financial firms are not going to hire people with that kind of hair. That also applies for tattoos. I made sure that I covered everything with a solid colored shirt when I went into interviews.

But he finally caved and got the next job he applied for with his fresh cut. Coincidence? maybe but I doubt it.

Glad it this bill passed.

Longshot, but I hope Texas follows suit. I've been denied entry to places because of my locks.

".....right to keep hair in an uncut or untrimmed state.”
---
Slippery slope. Isn't that deemed unprofessional in many settings? Or is that what they're trying to eliminate.

I know many work places require trimmed facial hair. Mustache at most.

employers won't give a F about this. theyll just give another reason as to why youre not hired.

Yeah pretty much.

Ppl with certain hairstyles and those who are visibly tatted always going to be discriminated against.

I’m sure it’s the HAIR :rolleyes

I mean skin color is very much a factor but I think white folk pick and choose who they think is safe based on appearance.

That’s why I purposefully come through the spot looking like a wavy Osama.

**** making them feel safe.

I've always been uneasy with the military just straight up cutting everyone's hair to number zeros. Or police agencies with such short hair standards for men

Couldn't places just say you're not qualified for the job based on your past job history? Are places flat out saying they hate your haircuts?

You ever seen a white Hooters girl with hippie dreadlocks? Dreadlocks across the board for all races have a stigma of being dirty and unkept.

Then we have the Yankees not allowing any facial hair other than mustaches and not allowing hair below the collar. Yet that is deemed acceptable after all these years?

Back
Top Bottom