NY/Manhattan NTers, I need some confirmation.

bkmac

Banned
Real quick Manhattan NTers, or any New Yorkers familiar with the area. I received a ticket earlier tonight, but I want to know if I can fight it.

Place Of Occurrence Northbound on 8th Ave on to Westbound on West 42nd Street.
Description/Narrative: Improper left turn on a one way street.

I'm pretty sure, unless I'm an idiot and/or blind, that I did not turn down a one way street (and that 42nd and 8th is still apart of a 2-way street)
laugh.gif
. Can I fight this ticket on that basis that the description was written incorrectly?

improper left turn on a one way street... not onto a one way street.

meaning u turned from 8th onto 42nd "improperly". whatever that means. did u turn from the middle lane?

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

How much was it? And didnt you ask the cop writing you it that it wasn't a one way?
$130 and I didn't notice the "one way" portion of the ticket until after he pulled away.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

improper left turn on a one way street... not onto a one way street.

meaning u turned from 8th onto 42nd "improperly". whatever that means. did u turn from the middle lane?
Technically I was at fault for turning from the middle lane, but there was not a car behind me in the correct left turning lane when I made the turn, so I didn't cut anyone off, and I even positioned myself in the correct left turning lane. I guess the cop thought I was blatantly turning from the middle?

The block I made the turn from was a one-way (which is why I want to know if I can fight it).

Here during the morning after, I don't think I have a case to fight
ohwell.gif
, but I'll wait to see if anyone thinks otherwise in favor of fighting.

Back
Top Bottom