NY METS 2011 POST: Jose Reyes wins National League Batting Crown

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Originally Posted by youngin33

It is way too early to talk about moving Big Pelf in my opinion. He had a solid year overall last year and has had a rough start, but this whole pitching staff has and he is pitching out of place going up against most team's front line pitcher. He is clearly not an Ace, and nobody really said he was. He's a solid 3 starter in my opinion and we should not give up on him this soon into the season.

With all this said, I do smell a fire sale coming up a la the Florida Marlins in 98 and 04(I think that's when they dismantled the teams after winning their World Series') And I wouldn't be surprised if neither Reyes nor Wright were on this team next season.
Yet I got killed for saying, we might have to move Wright. 
eyes.gif

W/ that said, I do think we'll get better and eventually skirt around the .500 mark, I believe we should look into making basically everyone available to give up.

In all honesty, why wouldn't Wright at least try and ask for a trade? He is wasting his best years while the Mets keep underperforming around him for the most part. And it will be at least another 2 years before we are competitive again, unless we surprise.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Originally Posted by youngin33

It is way too early to talk about moving Big Pelf in my opinion. He had a solid year overall last year and has had a rough start, but this whole pitching staff has and he is pitching out of place going up against most team's front line pitcher. He is clearly not an Ace, and nobody really said he was. He's a solid 3 starter in my opinion and we should not give up on him this soon into the season.

With all this said, I do smell a fire sale coming up a la the Florida Marlins in 98 and 04(I think that's when they dismantled the teams after winning their World Series') And I wouldn't be surprised if neither Reyes nor Wright were on this team next season.
Yet I got killed for saying, we might have to move Wright. 
eyes.gif

W/ that said, I do think we'll get better and eventually skirt around the .500 mark, I believe we should look into making basically everyone available to give up.

In all honesty, why wouldn't Wright at least try and ask for a trade? He is wasting his best years while the Mets keep underperforming around him for the most part. And it will be at least another 2 years before we are competitive again, unless we surprise.

Wright has too much pride for that, even though he might waste his potential HoF career by staying in.Queens.

Wright has too much pride for that, even though he might waste his potential HoF career by staying in.Queens.

Best case scenario for this year: you trade Reyes, Beltran and K-Rod for prospects, and resign Reyes in the off-season. If things go even better, that Type A draft pick we'll give up is a second rounder since we'll most likely finish in the bottom 10.

Best case scenario for this year: you trade Reyes, Beltran and K-Rod for prospects, and resign Reyes in the off-season. If things go even better, that Type A draft pick we'll give up is a second rounder since we'll most likely finish in the bottom 10.

Feels good man. I am surprised that Dickey pitched today.

Cosmic, Wright will ruin his chances for HoF if he keeps changing his batting stance. Look at Troy Tulowitzki. He hit extremely well at Citi Field. It seemed the home run derby ruined Wright.

Feels good man. I am surprised that Dickey pitched today.

Cosmic, Wright will ruin his chances for HoF if he keeps changing his batting stance. Look at Troy Tulowitzki. He hit extremely well at Citi Field. It seemed the home run derby ruined Wright.

Well, as for Citi Field Reyes used to hit home runs to right center field from the left side with ease, and Wright used to hit those opposite field HR's in that direction as well, yet they added a MO's ZONE.
sick.gif

Good win today, finally.

Well, as for Citi Field Reyes used to hit home runs to right center field from the left side with ease, and Wright used to hit those opposite field HR's in that direction as well, yet they added a MO's ZONE.
sick.gif

Good win today, finally.

ive hated the Mo Zone since i first saw how the field was set up. between that and the Great Wall of Flushing in left, our outfield is where Met fly balls will always go to die. if a genie granted me 3 wishes right now, 1 of them would be for the field at Citi to have Sheas dimensions. RIP Shea
tired.gif

ive hated the Mo Zone since i first saw how the field was set up. between that and the Great Wall of Flushing in left, our outfield is where Met fly balls will always go to die. if a genie granted me 3 wishes right now, 1 of them would be for the field at Citi to have Sheas dimensions. RIP Shea
tired.gif

weathers supposed to be pretty bad by first pitch tonight and all of tomorrow. maybe we can play 3 on thursday!
30t6p3b.gif

weathers supposed to be pretty bad by first pitch tonight and all of tomorrow. maybe we can play 3 on thursday!
30t6p3b.gif

Emaus DFa... and callup Turner.
Who will be the everyday second baseman now? Murph? or will they give Turner the same opportunity they gave to Emaus?

Emaus DFa... and callup Turner.
Who will be the everyday second baseman now? Murph? or will they give Turner the same opportunity they gave to Emaus?

Back
Top Bottom