NY NTers....question

Disappearing? Nah, I believe it was never really a thing like people think.  There was no internet or social media back in the day, so that was people's way of letting you know they were from New York, and they overdid it.

Same way Chicagoans, Louisianans, Atlantians and Californians do now. I think Boston and like Minnesota are the only places that people have "real" accents.

Last edited:
Disappearing? Nah, I believe it was never really a thing like people think.  There was no internet or social media back in the day, so that was people's way of letting you know they were from New York, and they overdid it.

Same way Chicagoans, Louisianans, Atlantians and Californians do now. I think Boston and like Minnesota are the only places that people have "real" accents.

Please show me examples of a California accent.

Please show me examples of a California accent.
Any "hood movie" of music video of the 90's filmed in Cali 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
They're is definitely a cali accent and I'm from Toronto. High pitch, whiny and laid back if I had to describe it.

That stereotypical NY accent you know from movies still exists in parts of Long Island, Staten Island and New Jersey.
I mean I know we all type like that, but I always assumed it was for comedic effect 
laugh.gif
. But if you're older than 18 years old and have a heavy "NY accent", you're most likely a scrub or a burn out from that era that never amounted to anything. 

I definitely have a NY accent, people in Vegas notice it immediately, :lol:

You have no clue what you are talking about, accents are real, some cities have accents for different regions, I can tell a Washington heights native by their accent, specially the girls.

I can tell a Washington heights native by their accent, specially the girls.

Listened to a Azealia Banks interview, she sounded like a bird from around my way which was wierd...turns out her mother's babysitter was Dominican from washington heights & used to care of her..i was like "no wonnnnnnder"

Listened to a Azealia Banks interview, she sounded like a bird from around my way which was wierd...turns out her mother's babysitter was Dominican from washington heights & used to care of her..i was like "no wonnnnnnder"

No lie that accent is Odee contagious, I know Bronx born chicks that hang out in the heights and sound like they grew up out there :lol:

They're is definitely a cali accent and I'm from Toronto. High pitch, whiny and laid back if I had to describe it.

Sounds like a Valley accent.

The Bay, LA, SD are so different and that's excluding everything in between that there's no singular "Cali" accent. Cali has damn near 40 million people

Theres more non native NYers than native NYers now. i didnt realize i had a distinct accent until after gentrification started

You have no clue what you are talking about, accents are real, some cities have accents for different region.
Let's be clear you want to go there. This is how your false victimization always starts. You go out of your way to mush people to let your presence be known. Then when you're corrected with facts, and get clowned by the entire NT community for the outlandish things you say you act like a victim.

Along with  communication (social sciences), I've also went to school for television, radio and film. 

Accents are learned behavior. A positive response in communication acts as a reward. As I stated, before social media, when people traveled to other parts of the United States people knew you were a "New Yorker" by the way you talked.

...it became marketable in the 90's during Hip-Hop's industrialization. The generation before us Millennials, Generation X, was the most notorious for exaggerated accents.

In a radio course, you're actually trained to adopt the accents of the region you're catering to and exaggerated them. 

However, since the rise of social media and video services like Youtube we get a wider spectrum of regions and cities and see not everyone has an exaggerated accent.

Dialect and accents are two different things. You're from Argentina and fiercely defended your heritage in a thread , where you said you "go out of your way to speak in Spanish".

Now did people in Argentina say things like "B", or "yo" which you flagrantly use on NT? That's dialect! Not an accent, moreover it's what they call ETHNO-LECT, African-American Vernacular English to be exact.

If I go to Compton, there's slang that certain communities would understand there and across America. The way they say it is an "accent". Which is learned behavior.

If you've ever been, there's females that sound like they're from the "Valley" or speak in "correct" diction. The hood "accent", is learned behavior. 

Again, like you and Ninjahjood, who've valiantly fought for Latino-America and to make sure you were separated from BLACKS in every way including language; you LEARNED to talk in AVEE. It isn't native to the Dominican Republic or Argentina. It's not how your parents talk either.

Like I stated, and you stated when people mistake you for Middle Eastern, you OVERDO your accent...not dialect.

grin.gif

Last edited:
true, all these educated middle/upper class people moving in and fixing our english. :smh:

Son.....that valley girl accent these shoobies have are mad annoying to me. Is it just me? I cant stand them.

Edit: whats with son's post ahead of mine? Son went on a diatribe :rofl:

Last edited:
Let's be clear you want to go there. This is how your false victimization always starts. You go out of your way to mush people to let your presence be known. Then when you're corrected with facts, and get clowned by the entire NT community for the outlandish things you say you act like a victim.

Along with  communication (social sciences), I've also went to school for television, radio and film. 

Accents are learned behavior. A positive response in communication acts as a reward. As I stated, before social media, when people traveled to other parts of the United States people knew you were a "New Yorker" by the way you talked.

...it became marketable in the 90's during Hip-Hop's industrialization. The generation before us Millennials, Generation X, was the most notorious for exaggerated accents.

In a radio course, you're actually trained to adopt the accents of the region you're catering to and exaggerated them. 

However, since the rise of social media and video services like Youtube we get a wider spectrum of regions and cities and see not everyone has an exaggerated accent.

Dialect and accents are two different things. You're from Argentina and fiercely defended your heritage in a thread , where you said you "go out of your way to speak in Spanish".

Now did people in Argentina say things like "B", or "yo" which you flagrantly use on NT? That's dialect! Not an accent, more over it's what they call ETHNO-LECT, African-American Vernacular English to be exact.

If I go to Compton, there's slang that certain communities would understand there and across America. The way they say it is an "accent". Which is learned behavior.

If you've ever been, there's females that sound like they're from the "Valley" or speak in "correct" diction. The hood "accent", is learned behavior. 

Again, like you and Ninjahjood, who've valiantly fought for Latino-America and to make sure you were separated from BLACKS in every way including language; you LEARNED to talk in AVEE. It isn't native to the Dominican Republic or Argentina. It's not how your parents talk either.

Like I stated, and you stated when people mistake you for Middle Eastern, you OVERDO your accent...not dialect.

>D

I stopped reading after you claimed I was Argentinian....YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

I stopped reading after you claimed I was Argentinian....YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.
Mistake me if I'm wrong, you may not be from Argentina but you mentioned that region or somewhere in LATIN AMERICA in that thread, am I right?

Again, don't go crying to Meth after you beg for center stage either.

You quoted me FIRST. I've haven't returned to you and Ninjahood's "Da Census" thread where you forced my hand to correct you, thoroughly.

....don't let this go six or seven pages then when the randoms chime in with the "we hate you DOPENESS" chorus you act like some victim.

...in the past two weeks you've told me to shut up, go away, keep your wife name out my mouth (and I never used it) now I don't know what I'm talking about.
Be clear, this is your doing not mine.

....make a note everyone, FIRST PAGE. ksteezy when out of his way to insult DOPENESS. Bookmark this, we all know how he does.

Last edited:
You mad because I told you that you donot know what youn are talking about? THATS AN INSULT?....are you threatening me?

Let me remind you, in the Harriet Tubman thread I never quoted you, instead you quoted me and tried to purposely misinterpret my post along with Anton, then you started bringing up my wife, at which point I shut you down, simple DONOT mention her.

Here you went off on some NY accents aren't real and I simply told you stop, you don't know what you are talking about, NY accents are real, nobody raised in the heights is thought to speak with an accent....they just do, same as I have an accent NOT dialect, when I speak Spanish being from COLOMBIA that is very different than a DOMINICAN....these are not dialects, these are accents.

You getting worked up with all types of mixed up information claiming I'm Argentinian, supposedly crying to Meth and God knows what else...least get your facts in order, b.

Last edited:
aren't dopeness and Steezy both from NYC? Feel bad for you if you are, but anyways...

Maybe you guys can meet up and throw the hands. Ninjahood can arrange this like he did vs A Beautiful Haze.

Back
Top Bottom