NY slang appreciation Vol. Son is a burger

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Only herbs & cornballs say I'm feelin "wavy" or "saucy"...

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Can someone post as much NY Slang as possible. My dude and I were having a discussion and I was saying Midwest (Cleveland to be exact) steal our slang from NY and he disagreed. We use son, no %+##, pause, real talk, "b", etc. He said that "real talk" came from the South and that NYers actually steal their slang from the West Coast. I told him I don't think so and we got into a nice lil' argument. Every slang term that you KNOW originiated in NY, please post.
And CLeveLand never felt like a Midwest city to me anyway and the people I knew growing up always felt the same.
ohio
roll.gif
 My life right now is better than yours though fam. No matter where I'm from.
laugh.gif

So let's not go there popcorn boy..
beanie.jpg

Can someone post as much NY Slang as possible. My dude and I were having a discussion and I was saying Midwest (Cleveland to be exact) steal our slang from NY and he disagreed. We use son, no %+##, pause, real talk, "b", etc. He said that "real talk" came from the South and that NYers actually steal their slang from the West Coast. I told him I don't think so and we got into a nice lil' argument. Every slang term that you KNOW originiated in NY, please post.
And CLeveLand never felt like a Midwest city to me anyway and the people I knew growing up always felt the same.
ohio
roll.gif
 My life right now is better than yours though fam. No matter where I'm from.
laugh.gif

So let's not go there popcorn boy..
beanie.jpg

laugh.gif
 %%$?

Dudes I knew growing up always said 'real talk', 'pause', 'no %@#%', 'b' etc in Cleveland. But if you think that words are destined to stay in one area forever; you're crazy.

And Cleveland never felt like a Midwest city to me anyway and the people I knew growing up always felt the same. When you say Midwest, I always think St Louis, Kansas City, Indiana etc. I'm implementing that Cleveland is an East Coast city but I know in school they preached that Cleveland was a city where the East Coast met the West. It was never considered a Midwest city by locals.

And if you really want to argue where 'real talk' came from, some people will tell you that it came from Oakland. So you cant really claim a phrase as popular as 'real talk' because it's spoken literal. It's not something like 'pause' where it pardons a gay statement but has no direct or root meaning from the word.
^You know I'm from Cleveland too, right? I'm saying most of our slang is taken DIRECTLY from NY. We do NOT have our own style. St. Louis has "hurr" and "thurr" and stuff like that. Kansas people talk country. ALL of our slang comes from NY. As a fellow Clevelander, how many people have you heard say "That's what's up" or "One" or stuff like that?

laugh.gif
 %%$?

Dudes I knew growing up always said 'real talk', 'pause', 'no %@#%', 'b' etc in Cleveland. But if you think that words are destined to stay in one area forever; you're crazy.

And Cleveland never felt like a Midwest city to me anyway and the people I knew growing up always felt the same. When you say Midwest, I always think St Louis, Kansas City, Indiana etc. I'm implementing that Cleveland is an East Coast city but I know in school they preached that Cleveland was a city where the East Coast met the West. It was never considered a Midwest city by locals.

And if you really want to argue where 'real talk' came from, some people will tell you that it came from Oakland. So you cant really claim a phrase as popular as 'real talk' because it's spoken literal. It's not something like 'pause' where it pardons a gay statement but has no direct or root meaning from the word.
^You know I'm from Cleveland too, right? I'm saying most of our slang is taken DIRECTLY from NY. We do NOT have our own style. St. Louis has "hurr" and "thurr" and stuff like that. Kansas people talk country. ALL of our slang comes from NY. As a fellow Clevelander, how many people have you heard say "That's what's up" or "One" or stuff like that?

Fam you serious?
laugh.gif
. I'm not white plus I grew up in the hood so we associate with 2 different breeds of people in Cleveland...and 'that's what's up' is slang? LOL since when?

Fam you serious?
laugh.gif
. I'm not white plus I grew up in the hood so we associate with 2 different breeds of people in Cleveland...and 'that's what's up' is slang? LOL since when?

Fam you serious?
laugh.gif
^I've lived on St. Clair for 24 years. Woodside to E.117th to E.123rd to Eddy Rd (down by Bratenahl) so I'm right with you. Where you from anyway? And why aren't you out? I'm sure the city is ROCKING right now. I'm about to head out in 15min.

And "That's what's up" is clearly slang my dude I mean c'mon. You don't hear lawyers or doctors or judges telling you "That's what's up." I wasn't saying "That's what's up" when I was 8 years old. It just came around within the last 5 years.

"@%$@ back it up soon as they hear the back of the trunk,
 Now my stock like NY slang (What you mean?) That's what's up..." - King Koopa

Fam you serious?
laugh.gif
^I've lived on St. Clair for 24 years. Woodside to E.117th to E.123rd to Eddy Rd (down by Bratenahl) so I'm right with you. Where you from anyway? And why aren't you out? I'm sure the city is ROCKING right now. I'm about to head out in 15min.

And "That's what's up" is clearly slang my dude I mean c'mon. You don't hear lawyers or doctors or judges telling you "That's what's up." I wasn't saying "That's what's up" when I was 8 years old. It just came around within the last 5 years.

"@%$@ back it up soon as they hear the back of the trunk,
 Now my stock like NY slang (What you mean?) That's what's up..." - King Koopa

Fam you serious?
laugh.gif
^Speaking of which, isn't this NY as well?

Fam you serious?
laugh.gif

AirForce1King wrote:

ohio
roll.gif

laugh.gif
Not surprised.
laugh.gif

AirForce1King wrote:

ohio
roll.gif

laugh.gif
Not surprised.
laugh.gif

Fam you serious?
laugh.gif

got em.

Fam you serious?
laugh.gif

got em.

I'm from Queens and i heard that burger slang all the time, but to describe someone that is a herb sort of.

I'm from Queens and i heard that burger slang all the time, but to describe someone that is a herb sort of.

Florida ladies dig us for it... Weve chilled with like 4 different set's of homegirls and its hard to keep them from wanting to hang out with us because the way we talk and were so fun new and exciting..

Florida ladies dig us for it... Weve chilled with like 4 different set's of homegirls and its hard to keep them from wanting to hang out with us because the way we talk and were so fun new and exciting..

Fam is NY too!? Proof? Cause I know OG Cleveland cats that kept fam in the vocabulary. Come on some of yall must be young'ns cause yall talking like this slang is brand new, some of this slang was being used since the 90s.

Fam is NY too!? Proof? Cause I know OG Cleveland cats that kept fam in the vocabulary. Come on some of yall must be young'ns cause yall talking like this slang is brand new, some of this slang was being used since the 90s.

I didn't know "burger" had another meaning here...
My friends and I have just always called fat girls burgers.

I didn't know "burger" had another meaning here...
My friends and I have just always called fat girls burgers.

Back
Top Bottom