NYC Carpenters call Jay-Z & 40/40 Club a "Rat" because of Labor Dispute

spinner.gif

The construction work being done on his NYC 40/40 club has turned into a huge headache for Jay-Z.

The New York City District Council of Carpenters accuse the hip hop star of using a company, Conelle Construction, that has substandard wage and health care benefits for workers.

Several giant, inflatable Union rats have been set up outside the club by the DCOC in protest.

A spokesperson for the DCOC explained to Curbed what the disagreement is about in a statement.
A rat is a contractor that does not pay all of its employees the Area Standard Wages, including either providing or making payments for family health care and pension benefits. Shame on the 40/40 CLUB & Shawn Carter aka Jay Z for contributing to the erosion of area standards for New York City Carpenters. The New York City District Council of Carpenters has a labor dispute with A&V Drywall which is performing work at 6 West 25th Street in NYC. 40/40 CLUB & Shawn Carter aka Jay Z is responsible for hiring CONELLE CONSTRUCTION CORP. Conelle Construction does not meet area labor standards, including providing or fully paying for family healthcare and pension for all of its carpenter craft employees.

No word from Jay's camp on the situation yet.

spinner.gif

spinner.gif

spinner.gif

spinner.gif

NYC has enough oversized rats running around in train stations and back alleys. They don't need these too.

and somewhere in china $1 a day is a godsend and the whole country will have us in shackles in ~25 years

Originally Posted by RetroSan

those rats sightings are mad annoying
Yeah, I hate seeing those rats in the city

They've been putting up those inflatable rats for years now

at first, i thought it was funny but now it's like
grin.gif

I'm not sided with JayZ or nutin, but them carpenters have been givining to thier customers for years over charging for shody work. To hell with them & thier stinking unions. Unions are for suckas...

Thats BS.

I did non-union Carpentry work in NYC, you still make like $20 + and hour, average. $12 - $15 absolute minimum, far more than minimum wage.

These Unions want $45 an hour to drag their feet, eat heroes and scream at their supervisors that they are can work as they please because they are under Union contact.

They are the ones that are bringing down the quality of life in NYC, leaving all of these unfinished projects around the boroughs and draining taxpayer funds to build overpriced public facilities.

^Couldn't agree with you more goldenchild9. If unions ever came to my work place, I would bounce in a hot minute. Just another group to line thier pockets...

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

suprised no jay-z fanboys have rushed in to defend him on this, which is usually the case.

it's really not Jay-Z's wrong doings, it's the clubs...and it's really not theirs, it's the company they hired to do the work...
it's all business...they probably just hired one of the cheapest companies they could find...they'll probably just switch companies if this gets enough press

using Jay's name was just attention move on the unions part...

Originally Posted by psk2310

I'm not sided with JayZ or nutin, but them carpenters have been givining to thier customers for years over charging for shody work. To hell with them & thier stinking unions. Unions are for suckas...
indifferent.gif
you must be young.

Back
Top Bottom